Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew McIntyre

What's the over/under on a Drew World title win in 2019?

5 months

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

I'll take the over. I don't think he wins the Rumble, and that takes us give or take three months away, and then whomever unseats Brock I don't think will be dropping it right away.

Maybe if they do another "shakeup" and he goes to SmackDown he can beat Bryan six months from now?

I would not be surprised if he either switched to SDL and took that belt for a run or got a late year Universal Title run.

Was crazy watching him in the 2013 Rumble today, beyond the raw muscle he has packed on I swear he looks taller now. He has certainly learnt how to emphasise his size a lot more now and looks like a legit beast now whereas back then he just looked a touch taller than the rest but had zero aura about him.
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    The Night It Was Still Real To Me
    @Sir_Samuel

I would take the over. I'm thinking that Drew headlines SummerSlam against Rollins where he wins the belt there, and that is roughly 8 months away.

Wrestlemania is usually where the faces win the titles, and SummerSlam is where the heels usually can win on a major PPV.

EDIT: added the can....so no one throws stats at me.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-14-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    I would not be surprised if he either switched to SDL and took that belt for a run or got a late year Universal Title run.

Was crazy watching him in the 2013 Rumble today, beyond the raw muscle he has packed on I swear he looks taller now. He has certainly learnt how to emphasise his size a lot more now and looks like a legit beast now whereas back then he just looked a touch taller than the rest but had zero aura about him.
    He has a good 2"-3" of lifts in his boots these days, and might even wear lifts inside his boots.

But I think the thing is that he just looks and carries himself like a grown man now. It's the same thing with Jinder, he went from goofy and feeling "young" to looking and carrying himself like a grown man. The fact that they've both aged helps. But contrast that to Heath or Ryder who have both aged just as many years, but both seem like they're just happy to be on TV when they're there, versus two guys that carry themselves like they're adults who deserve what they have and more because of their hard work.

It's something that hitting the weights will do to you, too. Once you start to see the results, it'll chance your outlook, and you start believing that you deserve the results because of the hard work you've put in. And if you deserve results because of hard work there, you naturally deserve results because of hard work in other areas of your life.

But at the end of the day I think that Drew packed on size, stands up straighter because of added confidence and just looks in his eyes like he is a grown man that should be there now rather than a young kid who's lucky to.

I was watching some old stuff the other day and the comparison between 'Blackjack Mulligan Jr.' and 'Barry Windham' a couple of years later is much the same. From gangly kid to someone who genuinely knew he was as good as anyone on the card and carried himself like it.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I agree. The line he spouted at Rollins on Monday attests to that:

Taking the quote from BurnInMyLight's column:

"If you took Seth's fire and put it in a 6'5" Scottish Terminator, you'd get Drew Freakin' McIntyre."

Rumours out there suggest Drew is a backstage favorite for MITB this year

He does seem like someone they are high on. Wouldn't mind seeing him win, tbh.

They have to do something with him, otherwise he becomes another Strowman and Joe.

So McIntyre got his win back over Cedric in empahitc style, but I gotta say I don't think this booking does anything for either of them

He’s become just another guy. I’m a Drew Mac fan but it’s hard to see him moving beyond this role.

I disagree. Drew has lost some steam since he joined the PRO crew (Put Roman Over). Beating Cedric won't make him #1 contender, but it will remind the audience how brutal he can be.

As for Cedric, this helps him too. audience is slowly connecting more with his moveset. The only negative to his "feud" with McIntyre is that Cedric can't showcase his finisher. But after keeping up with Drew, but losing, Cedric can move onto a more midcard feud with more heat to it. I'm not saying this will launch him to the US Title overnight, but any TV time where he can get over is good.

You reckon? I don't know how much help he gets by beating up on a guy he's got at least fifty pounds on a week after he got beaten. Seems to me that it's another time they are trying to get everyone over and no one really benefits

Everyone should look good whenever possible. But this isn't the dreaded 50/50 booking. Cedric got a shock win to show off he can win, but I don't think many fans believed he had Drew's number. This isn't Shelton Benjamin with his wins over HHH in 2004. Cedric needed ANYTHING to be on TV. Looking impressive against Drew isn't a bad thing. Drew gets to throw Cedric around to remind us just how huge and dominant he is. Get his heat back.

I don't watch Raw every week, I catch it when I have time. But between the PPV and this week's Raw, Drew seems like one of two heels on the Raw that feels legitimate, the other being Samoa Joe.

He didn't back down to The Undertaker at the PPV. He showed no intimidation or reverence to his entrance, instead just stared a hole through the legend that he doesn't respect and wanted to beat up. Where they'd have had so many heels back down, he went nose to nose with Taker and actually puffed up his chest to look bigger and taller than Taker.

Then on Raw he interrupts that segment with the girls and Santino. The girls looked terrified, and Santino looked like he was going to shit his pants. As soon as he stepped into frame, the mood changed and the fun stopped. If that had been Elias or even Lars, Santino probably would have cracked a joke and tried to get him to play with the cobra. He then proceeded to murder Cedric with a move that I hope keeps Cedric off TV for a few weeks.

Drew can afford to drop a flash loss here and there, as long as it doesn't become a habit.

The thing holding him back more than anything is that he's so far from the title scene. Unless Brock beats Rollins and Drew as a heel steps up to him, you know he's not going to be anywhere near the title for the foreseeable future so it kind of feels like treading water. He feels above the US title but the World Title scene has been Rollins and Brock for like eight months so it feels like Drew has no place to go.

He’s in like a Braun position but I don’t feel he’s ever been as over as Braun. I’m just sick of Drew being the heavy for lesser in ring performers in my mind.

I see where both Pen and Sundae are coming from, because Pen's argument makes a certain amount of sense but I'm not sure how many people are going to see it in that kind of detail. I imagine the handful of remaining casual fans will see Drew lose to someone he probably shouldn't, then see him beat him back badly, with no real build up, no reason to care, and little rhyme or reason. If you look closely you can probably come up with a reason why this isn't 50/50 booking, but I'd bet a pound to a penny that unless you're watching really closely it looks enough like it that it makes no difference.

It also plays in a little to the final point above - if Drew's problem is that he's a mile away from the title scene, I'm not sure dropping those flash losses (especially to guys a lot smaller than him) is going to help with that. It might not 'hurt' him as such, but it's not going to help. The best you can hope for is staying where he is, I'd have thought.

So yeah, I kinda see both sides.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    I see where both Pen and Sundae are coming from, because Pen's argument makes a certain amount of sense but I'm not sure how many people are going to see it in that kind of detail. I imagine the handful of remaining casual fans will see Drew lose to someone he probably shouldn't, then see him beat him back badly, with no real build up, no reason to care, and little rhyme or reason. If you look closely you can probably come up with a reason why this isn't 50/50 booking, but I'd bet a pound to a penny that unless you're watching really closely it looks enough like it that it makes no difference.

It also plays in a little to the final point above - if Drew's problem is that he's a mile away from the title scene, I'm not sure dropping those flash losses (especially to guys a lot smaller than him) is going to help with that. It might not 'hurt' him as such, but it's not going to help. The best you can hope for is staying where he is, I'd have thought.

So yeah, I kinda see both sides.
    I think it seems 50/50 right now. I also think anyone who posts here can see where this is going (even if casual viewers do not) and know that by the time this is over, it won't be 50/50.

As for the distance from the main event scene, I believe it is easy to correct post-SummerSlam. The biggest issue I see however is that his current Cedric feud is not SummerSlam material, so is he going to be off the card? Or will be demolish Cedric on the kickoff show? I really thought the Undertaker singles match idea was tremendous. I find it so weird that WWE would bring the Deadman back for a tag match that doesn't go anywhere.

Drew was a first round pick. Take that for what you will, but when he comes back, will he finally get his main event push? It is October, and Wrestlemania plans will start to form. The Rumble is right around the corner.

Is it too soon to turn Drew face? He has been off TV for almost 2 months and he all he has to do is save a face and there you go. I think that Drew is on the short list to win the Rumble this year. I cannot think of anyone else who should win the Rumble this year. The only other person, who I can see that the WWE would have win the Rumble is Corbin. My god, that guy has won everything else, and keeps getting pushed, but Drew is a much better candidate for a Mania main event. He has the size, the look, and speaking ability, and he could be a good face.

I remember thinking McIntyre would win the Rumble last year, and that didn't come off.

I think he has everything to be higher on the card than he was when he went off TV with injury. I'd be putting him against Seth once this Crown Jewel show is out of the way.

I'd be fine with him winning the Rumble, but he needs to come back and win a feud first. Drew coming back and just being there, then winning the Rumble would just not work. And that is unfortunately how WWE has booked the Rumble too often recently. It's exactly what they did with Roman when he was injured in late 2014 before winning 2015. He had a promo about coming back healthy, and then just floated on TV.

And I don't mean just a couple of matches with Cedric. I want him to have a rivalry that bleeds into the Rumble. Like when Jake Roberts was in the 1992 Rumble, and then Macho Man rushed out.

Have him feud with Rey Mysterio (when he is medically cleared). I think that should work just fine.

Is Rey not medically cleared? Aside from getting thrown into the ground by Lesnar, I didn't think he was injured.

It is Rey Mysterio, so he probably is injured. The guy is always hurt.