Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew McIntyre

What's the over/under on a Drew World title win in 2019?

5 months

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

I'll take the over. I don't think he wins the Rumble, and that takes us give or take three months away, and then whomever unseats Brock I don't think will be dropping it right away.

Maybe if they do another "shakeup" and he goes to SmackDown he can beat Bryan six months from now?

I would not be surprised if he either switched to SDL and took that belt for a run or got a late year Universal Title run.

Was crazy watching him in the 2013 Rumble today, beyond the raw muscle he has packed on I swear he looks taller now. He has certainly learnt how to emphasise his size a lot more now and looks like a legit beast now whereas back then he just looked a touch taller than the rest but had zero aura about him.

@Sir_Samuel

I would take the over. I'm thinking that Drew headlines SummerSlam against Rollins where he wins the belt there, and that is roughly 8 months away.

Wrestlemania is usually where the faces win the titles, and SummerSlam is where the heels usually can win on a major PPV.

EDIT: added the can....so no one throws stats at me.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-14-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    I would not be surprised if he either switched to SDL and took that belt for a run or got a late year Universal Title run.

Was crazy watching him in the 2013 Rumble today, beyond the raw muscle he has packed on I swear he looks taller now. He has certainly learnt how to emphasise his size a lot more now and looks like a legit beast now whereas back then he just looked a touch taller than the rest but had zero aura about him.
    He has a good 2"-3" of lifts in his boots these days, and might even wear lifts inside his boots.

But I think the thing is that he just looks and carries himself like a grown man now. It's the same thing with Jinder, he went from goofy and feeling "young" to looking and carrying himself like a grown man. The fact that they've both aged helps. But contrast that to Heath or Ryder who have both aged just as many years, but both seem like they're just happy to be on TV when they're there, versus two guys that carry themselves like they're adults who deserve what they have and more because of their hard work.

It's something that hitting the weights will do to you, too. Once you start to see the results, it'll chance your outlook, and you start believing that you deserve the results because of the hard work you've put in. And if you deserve results because of hard work there, you naturally deserve results because of hard work in other areas of your life.

But at the end of the day I think that Drew packed on size, stands up straighter because of added confidence and just looks in his eyes like he is a grown man that should be there now rather than a young kid who's lucky to.

I was watching some old stuff the other day and the comparison between 'Blackjack Mulligan Jr.' and 'Barry Windham' a couple of years later is much the same. From gangly kid to someone who genuinely knew he was as good as anyone on the card and carried himself like it.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I agree. The line he spouted at Rollins on Monday attests to that:

Taking the quote from BurnInMyLight's column:

"If you took Seth's fire and put it in a 6'5" Scottish Terminator, you'd get Drew Freakin' McIntyre."