Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Owens

I more fit Owens when he comes back will be a heavily pushed Owens. They did the double turn, so I think they have plans to bring him back to a monster babyface reaction and motives. This can only be good for Owens if he follows through on his end.

I guess the question then becomes when he can get back, and what are they building towards, and how high up in the plans he might be.

There's very little point coming back for one title feud if three months later he's back in the pack.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

This is definitely Kevin Owens, and what looks like AJ Lee, or an Asian lookalike.

85813542.jpg

Neither lol

Yeah, vague similarity but no more than that. Owens looks a lot thinner in the face, for one thing.

That picture may not be recent, but that IS owens, not AJ, but def Owens

Really? Can't see it at all myself, beyond a bit of a similarity. I've been watching him for about eight years now and to the best of my knowledge he's never been that big in the face. Even when he had the peak gut his head wasn't as round as that. I think you're going to have to do more than just vaguely say it's an old picture and say when, exactly, you think he was that much bigger. Just capitalising 'IS' doesn't make it any more convincing!

Not saying you're definitely wrong, because I don't know for sure, but I think I would need a lot more convincing. Just looks like a big dude with a similar beard to me.

I've looked at Owens for more than a decade, its not him.

So I've just seen a picture of Kevin Owens from recent times and he a) has a bigger beard, b) as more ink on his arm, and c) looks like he's slimmed down a lot.

Do we know anything about when he might return?

Can you post the pic?

I guess this might be it

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    So I've just seen a picture of Kevin Owens from recent times and he a) has a bigger beard, b) as more ink on his arm, and c) looks like he's slimmed down a lot.

Do we know anything about when he might return?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    I guess this might be it

This is my original post when I heard that KO will be out for an extended period of time for knee surgery...

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    He should also take this time to lose some of his gut to appease Vince. He is extremely talented and impressive in the ring for a guy his weight and his height. But look to Bully Ray. During Ray's TNA title run, he lost his gut, put on some more muscle and looked amazing. KO can do the same.
    I guess hid did just that. Can tell about the muscle, but he definitely lost some weight. This could be a very good thing for him. I'm hoping that he is a surprise entrant in the Rumble and attacks Lashley for "putting him on the shelf" and gets a nice face run. A KO/Lashley match at Mania could be in the works, and would be a perfect fit for guys like them. I'm hoping that Owens can get another Main event push later in 2019.

I am hoping that we get a KO return during the Rumble and immediately goes after Lashley setting up their IC title feud.

Well you didn't get that but it sounds like he's back in training. One eye on 'Mania?

I'm thinking post Mania Raw or SD. He said on twitter he's still a few months away... and even if that's a bit of a work, his only feud option is Lashley.... who's working Balor at the moment. You'd have to pivot quickly to find KO a spot...I don't think its needed

Agreed, The post Mania RAW is usually where we get debuts or returns, so it makes sense.

based on Orton RKOing Ali out of nowhere followed immediately by KO stunning Rusev out of nowhere, is this leading into an "anything you can do I can do better' feud between Orton and KO?

If so, then KO needs to win the feud and now with the Stunner as his finisher, he could climb back up to main event level.

I don't think those two have ever faced each other so I think it is a pretty good way to elevate KO and help build up his stunner.

Hopefully it doesn't lead to Ali getting lost in the shuffle, I was hoping it would mean a feud between Ali & Orton which I would also be totally down for.
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    The Questions For AEW's EVPs
    @Sir_Samuel

I don't know, KO vs Orton seems pretty underwhelming to me. Ali vs Orton excites me because I can already imagine Ali trying to work out all the different ways he can jump into an RKO.

It's nice that WWE have completely nailed the RKO Outta Nowhere finally looking like it comes from outta nowhere, though.

Owens is slowing reaching that Orton level of apathy from me. Not sure why. I hope he can do something big soon. Owens as a heel has always been money, but this face turn just isn't really doing it. Hell, Sami's promo on Raw had me more excited.

Owen's return was completely wasted. They should have held off on his return until the day (or 2) after Mania. He came back. had a match and then I cannot even remember if he was in the ARMBAR.

BUT, I think there is big plans for him, but they will not start until after tonight and tomorrow night after the shakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Owen's return was completely wasted. They should have held off on his return until the day (or 2) after Mania. He came back. had a match and then I cannot even remember if he was in the ARMBAR.

BUT, I think there is big plans for him, but they will not start until after tonight and tomorrow night after the shakeup.
    Yeah, they shouldn't have rushed him back, we'll see. I hope so because I was excited for face Owens, and it's been blah.

To be fair, everything since Mania has been blah, as it always is the following nights in recent years. Vince took all the fun out of the RAW after Mania by marketing it as such and sponsoring the event. It went from a cool, counter-culture-mark driven, chanting show where the fans did what they wanted in spite of the WWE to a sanctioned event where the WWE doesn't do anything to counter the crowd. They actually take the crowd out of it now.

Remember when the WWE had Sheamus vs Orton and the crowd shit all over the match? The crowd hated that match so much that both Orton and Sheamus stopped to listen to the crowd. That to me was when the WWE had to say to themselves that "I won't let the crowd shit on my matches, so let's just put something out there that they won't do that to."

Which is why the RAW after Mania and the Smackdown after Mania really do not have much going on. The shakeup begins tonight and the new story lines do as well.

So getting back to topic, I see KO getting something either tonight or next week, and hopefully he stays on SD so that he can move into a main event feud for the Title in the not too distant future.
    Last edited by Powder; 04-15-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Feel free.

Carrying on his current feud by having Kofi on the KO show this Tuesday apparently.

Used to be a big fan of Owens but can't remember when they last got me to care about anything to do with him

^ That's probably it for me.

Seen it reported that Owens has told WWE that he doesn't want to go to Saudi Arabia.

If so, good for him. I'll happily applaud anyone who stands up for themselves on that front.