Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Cena

Is Rock's production company not also involved in Hobbs & Shaw in some way? Can't remember the specifics around that, though.

A simple google search led me to this article confirming that the Rock will not be in F&F9.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26244/...fast-furious-9

Reports out there that Cena will return on Smackdown by the end of the month.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yes, and hopefully lead to a real WM match. Not another Taker-type squash.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Reports out there that Cena will return on Smackdown by the end of the month.
    Seems like he's on the show right after the Saudi show, so maybe something falls out of that for him to do. Tricky, as I'm not sure what there is for him to do that would give him a really meaningful Mania match the likes of which he probably should be having. There's a Universal Title challenge for (say) Elimination Chamber, I guess, or...well, actually, what else is there? Cena vs Goldberg is the only thing I can immediately put my finger on as being a 'big' Mania match for Cena outside of going opposite The Fiend.

They really should have Cena vs Edge one last time, and they should have had Cena vs Bats one last time.

Strowman vs Cena for the IC title just as a way to put over Strowman with the IC belt? Cena would have a reason to challenge Braun because that's the one belt he hasn't won and he could want to do what he did ba ck at WM20 and beat a giant.

Probably a bad idea, but whatever.

Let's say that Cena is having a Mania match, I do not think he will lose. it will be his first match in a long time, and his first Mania match since WM34, 2 years! last year he showed up and did a Dr. of Thuganomics skit with Elias, but no match.

So I do not see Cena returning to put over someone, without an extended feud, with trading matches and wins and losses, leading up to it.

EDIT: I keep reading that we might get Cena vs Alestair Black, but he would then have to come to RAW after his announcement on SD on Feb 28. Unless Black crosses over for the night.
    Last edited by Powder; 5 Days Ago at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Seems like he's on the show right after the Saudi show, so maybe something falls out of that for him to do. Tricky, as I'm not sure what there is for him to do that would give him a really meaningful Mania match the likes of which he probably should be having. There's a Universal Title challenge for (say) Elimination Chamber, I guess, or...well, actually, what else is there? Cena vs Goldberg is the only thing I can immediately put my finger on as being a 'big' Mania match for Cena outside of going opposite The Fiend.
    Goldberg is a solid idea. I think legend vs legend matches work for WrestleMania, without any real story. I love the idea of legend vs current star, but it's not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    They really should have Cena vs Edge one last time, and they should have had Cena vs Bats one last time.
    No, not needed. Both men have so few matches left to offer, and there's so much potential with other people that having rematches based on old rivalries is unnecessary. Plus, Cena vs Edge only worked with gimmick matches, and I don't know if Edge can handle that in his condition. As for Cena vs Batista, I don't think that feud was important enough to require revisiting it. Both men had so many bigger feuds that their history with each other is somewhat forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Strowman vs Cena for the IC title just as a way to put over Strowman with the IC belt? Cena would have a reason to challenge Braun because that's the one belt he hasn't won and he could want to do what he did ba ck at WM20 and beat a giant.

Probably a bad idea, but whatever.
    Not a bad idea at all. Strowman will likely never be the face of a brand, but WWE also shouldn't be reducing his value too often. So a win over Cena while not in the main event is honestly genius. It boosts the IC title, builds Strowman up (because some online fans claim Braun has been "jobbed out", one of the most ridiculous online claims ever) for a feud with the Universal Champ or the Fiend in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Let's say that Cena is having a Mania match, I do not think he will lose. it will be his first match in a long time, and his first Mania match since WM34, 2 years! last year he showed up and did a Dr. of Thuganomics skit with Elias, but no match.

So I do not see Cena returning to put over someone, without an extended feud, with trading matches and wins and losses, leading up to it.

EDIT: I keep reading that we might get Cena vs Alestair Black, but he would then have to come to RAW after his announcement on SD on Feb 28. Unless Black crosses over for the night.
    Cena has put over quite a few people in his last couple of years. I wouldn't be shocked if they did that again. Especially because WWE seem to be aiming their booking into the future more and more. That might be more of a factor on Raw, and Cena seems to be heading to SD, so maybe he would win there.

Without a doubt Cena has put people over, but if he comes back for a short WM feud or match, unless it is Goldberg, I cannot see him losing again without it being meaningful. For instance, if Cena came back this week and built a fued with Black, and faced him at Saudi or EC and won that match, and then they have a rematch at WM, where Cena eats the pinfall loss.

But if this is just a one off, I can;t see him losing, unless it is to a legend.

Ah, in that case, yes, it depends on his availability for TV and building up the match. But I think he'll be around for a couple of shows, and will lose at WM. It just is a matter of who.

This is my all time favorite picture of John Cena...

Capture.jpg

Cena vs Elias is the rumour. An interesting choice, one I'm certainly not against.