Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undertaker

After XXX and the defeat, he should’ve come out and said something like “Welp... ‘The Streak’ is over. However, I’ll still pop up whenever I feel like just to remind you that I’m always around.” And then he should’ve gone home and repaired himself for a few years and popped up during some random PPV in July or October or any month that wasn’t WrestleMania. Like... he should never come back in March/April after Brock broke The Streak. But... whatever. At this point, let him humiliate himself. It’s whatever at this point.

In fairness that Wrestlemania match with Cena was my favourite Cena match ever. I didn't hear Cena call one spot which is a first

Which one of Taker's countless returns is your favorite? Here's mine:

My favorite Taker return, easily, is in 2005:

The Brain
    I've a soft spot for Wrestlemania XX, partially because it was the first I saw. It was built up to so well though, he was buried by Kane so he came back "dead", he was seeking revenge, he had a boss entrance, he had Paul Bearer... it all just clicked for me. I even remember the match well, though I don't know if it'd stand up if I rewatched it!

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I've a soft spot for Wrestlemania XX, partially because it was the first I saw. It was built up to so well though, he was buried by Kane so he came back "dead", he was seeking revenge, he had a boss entrance, he had Paul Bearer... it all just clicked for me. I even remember the match well, though I don't know if it'd stand up if I rewatched it!
    It was definitely a forgettable trash match. However, as you said, everything else about the angle was done so well, that it didn't really matter, and the crowd bought into it all (I think Taker's entrance was the pop of the night at that Mania).

I remember Meltzer saying in his review that Undertaker had totally exposed himself with that angle and match, and that it was all basically over. Who was to know that Taker would be a top tier main event attraction for another 10 years? Lol.

Top three in no particular order. The iron man Skitz mentioned, the return from the Orbital bone injury with the weird mask when he won the Survivor Series basically single handed, and the 1998 return ahead of Wrestlemania during the Kane feud.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Having discovered wrestling in mid '98, I just missed out on that last one Prime mentioned. I've seen clips of it since however and would definitely place it in my Top 5. Not surprised the resurrection of The Deadman at WMXX was mentioned a few times (I'd rank it #2). His SummerSlam 2009 return would probably be up there as well simply for the execution. I loved the visual of Punk standing over a prone Hardy; only for the lights to go out and Taker to appear in Jeff's place. The ensuing feud at the time should've been so much more!

I'll jump on the 2004 band wagon. I love when Kane is just wrecking shop in the Rumble and suddenly the gong goes off. Kane and Jim Ross sell it like a ghost has returned. He doesn't even show up and it is still so epic.

98 return after Kane set him on fire in the casket.

Not the actual return but I thought the weeks of promos was great to before he wrestled Mark Henry at Unforgiven

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    My favourite Undertaker return is the one that won't happen when he does what he should do and bloody retire already.

Also, WrestleMania XX. I got goosebumps watching that. Like mizfan pointed out, it was all just so well constructed (perhaps excepting the match itself). One of my favourite Mania moments.

So is Undertaker having that Wrestlemania match we were talking about back in May? I've heard some people talking about another Shawn Michaels match. They'll call it the third match of a trilogy, I guess, even though it must be the sixth PPV bout they'd have had?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Remember when it was the divas that were the piss break? Sounds like it might be the legends next year.

I thought the (rumoured) plan was that HBK vs Undertaker is set for Survivor Series, to retire Taker where his career began?