Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM Punk

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I saw highlights of the fight and I have to agree. That didn't look very good, and he's not getting any younger either. I'm not sure if his name will still have enough marketing power for one of the major MMA companies to want to do business with him again.

And now Corey Graves on his twitter is taking shots at Punk without naming him. Seems very personal. About Punk turning his back on his friends

Considering how Graves looks like the most pretentious asshole in the world for tweeting this, if Punk did turn his back on Graves then I wouldn't blame him; who wants to be friends with a guy who is going to do this to you?

The fight was embarrassing to watch. Kept turning away and wishing it was over. Jackson should have wanted to finish it more.

Have to share. Almost feel bad doing so:

Mike Jackson, while you stand there, as triumphant as you possibly can be, I want you to stop hitting me. I want you to stop this, because before I leave in three weeks with an 0-2 win-loss record, I have a lot of bones I wanna put back into place.

I am the worst…UFC fighter…in the world. I’ve been the worst ever since day one when I walked into this company, and I’ve been bleeding and crying since that day because the UFC fans saw nothing in me that everybody else was willing to admit. That’s right, I’m a WWE Universe guy. You know who else was a WWE Universe guy? Brock Lesnar…and he split, just like I’m splittin’, but the biggest difference between me and Brock is that I’m going to leave with a 0-2 win-loss record.

I’ve tapped to so many of Mickey Gall’s painful punches and Mike Jackson's pure strikes that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that...they’re completely painful. The only thing that’s not painful is me, and the fact that day-in and day-out, for almost 3 days, I’ve proved to everybody in the world that I am the worst…on this panel, in that octagon, and even in training. Anybody can touch me! And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, I’m on your lovely little Tapout collectors’ gloves, I’m on the cover of the program, I’m outrageously promoted, I don’t get to be in UFC 204, I’m not on any crappy show on the USA Network anymore, I was on the poster of UFC 203, I’m no longer on signature that’s produced at the start of the Raw. I’m not on the Joe Rogan Podcast, I’m wasn't UFC 204, but the fact of the matter is I shouldn't be anyway, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that “Mike Jackson” is in the winner of our match at UFC 225 tonight and I’m not makes me sick!

>I’m leaving with the 0-2 win-loss record on July 17 and hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in Bellator…maybe I’ll go back to WWE…hey, John Cena, how you doing?

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

I think Punk might drop to the amateurs after this, maybe build himself up. I don't see him leaving MMA that easily, even if he does leave UFC.

It's pretty clear he's done in UFC. Doesn't mean he's done in MMA, but I'd be staggered - staggered - if he ever got another shot in the UFC.

I think that a serious wrestling offer might be on the table before too much longer, too. That'll test whether or not he wants to stick with this and if his apathy towards wrestling is fading...
    Last edited by Prime Time; 06-10-2018 at 04:45 AM.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

That's it. Punk had two bites of the cherry and both were the extreme ends of the shite spectrum. He had a go but if that's the end product of 3+ years of training then at 39 he best pack it in. That was border line a living autopsy. And Mike Jackson is terrible to begin with!
    Last edited by Shee; 06-10-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I think Punk might drop to the amateurs after this, maybe build himself up. I don't see him leaving MMA that easily, even if he does leave UFC.
    The desire is there but I just don't think its a good idea. Anyone is somewhat of an MMA expert will tell you that while Punk did improve from his last fight, he basically did full time MMA training for over two years and still didn't do plenty of the basics properly. On top of simply not being a good athlete, the wear and tear on his body and age playing against him.. Its not going to happen.

Edit: So Graves gave an interview and stated that his tweets stem from Punk basically turning his back on everyone in WWE just because they work there. Seems petty on Punk's part. Graves also said he was set off by comments Punk made this week (not referring to the trial)

Idk, still think Graves looks bad here for throwing a temper tantrum and acting like Punk lost cause he has no friends lmao

Its not news that Punk is an asshole.
    Last edited by LK3185; 06-10-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Do you think it would be harder to book CM Punk in wrestling ( though even the 6 yr olds know it's fake) after he's been such a loser in MMA? I guess it's just the point of having such a loser as the top guy...

No, I don't think it will. I still kinda feel that any promotion going would take him in and just pretend the MMA stuff never happened.

I don't think the MMA stuff necessarily cuts both ways. There's a kind of an extra frisson there when you know someone is a shooter, but if you've already gotten over in wrestling then I'm not sure I see how a poor record in MMA would hurt you nowadays. There's simply too many people who don't give a shit.

He needs to stop fighting. He's getting his ass kicked. It's embarrassing

I mean I liked him as a wrestler but after seeing the ear enhancement Mickey gave him, he should never have been back in the octagon. He's looking like such a wuss that im starting to think even AJ Lee can kick his ass

Ppl talk about getting back on the horse when you fall off, but if the horse runs over you and pulls your pants down and neighs a laugh at you, it's best to find something else to ride. However, he's made such an ass out of himself that maybe he should have people riding him.

I'm afraid if he's at "all in" ppl will trip over his big, nasty ear
    Last edited by Prime Time; 06-11-2018 at 06:47 AM.

This Punk/UFC venture baffled me from the word go. Being as terrible an athlete as he is, with zero sporting background, starting in his mid 30s, he should never have ever been anywhere near an MMA ring. After 4 years with Roufusport, I actually thought he might fair a little better on Saturday... That was a pummeling.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Graves looks bad here for throwing a temper tantrum and.
    Graves may have beef with Punk ams is entitled to an opinion, but seeing him tag Vince and HHH in his rant was childish and unprofessional.
    Summerslam Weekend Preview Podness

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    The thing that irked me the most about that Graves rant was the timing. He could have gone on this rant at any time prior to the fight, yet he chose to do it when he did. I'm also of the thought that private beefs should be handled in private, but in the age of social media everyone has their choice, I guess. Not a good look on him, regardless on whether his gripe has merit or not.

The Brain
    Yeah, no more Punk/MMA, please, ever.

But I honestly think he'd still have no trouble if he came back to wrestling. Even a lot of fans chortling about his failure would probably change their tunes on a dime, as well they should. Hope he does have something to do with All In, I'd be pleased as hell to see him involved.

Punk is still marketable in wrestling. He didn't get knocked out last time, though he should have. But since he didn't, it saved him some, and he's a good enough promo to talk his way into drawing a good crowd. But yeah, he should never MMA again. He's 40. Had he started training at like, 20, maybe even 25, I'd give him a chance.

But honestly, Punk is the last big rabbit out of the hat WWE could ever pull out to get attention that no one would expect. That's something. He's marketable in the wrestling business, and if he ever wanted to, a Punk promo could be HUGE in wrestling, even outside WWE. But he should give up MMA. Who's to say a young Punk wouldn't be hell in the cage, but old Punk just can't do it.

The Brain
    I think outside WWE is really the only consideration right now with Punk in wrestling. He and those close to him have been pretty clear that he hates WWE and they really drained the love of wrestling out of him. At best we could expect some kind of outside WWE appearance, which would be a big deal no matter where it was, but that feels like a stretch.

Yeah, i wouldn't rule out the Hall of fame later and maybe a match to end it... but he is older than people realize and he cut people out of his life that work there.. he has zero interest in going back.

I just wish someone would clue him in, that he wouldn't have to work that hard to be a draw on the indy scene.. he wouldn't have to work three days a week....or take cars, sleep on stranger's couchs. Hopefully, he finds that spark again because its simply what he does best.

The Brain
    He's probably aware that he could comfortably be a big deal anywhere he went, but if he's burnt out, he's burnt out. He may well feel wrestling in general is toxic for him as a person. I too hope he finds a spark to come back in some capacity eventually, but he's got to do what's right for himself first and foremost.

Only a rumour but talk of him getting an MMA commentary gig.

The Brain
    He was actually a great commentator so that might be a good fit for him. Obviously it could be a flop (or not happen) but I at least see some potential for success, which I never really saw with him actually fighting.

With UFC going to ESPN, i could def see it. They like to hire their own people.

Punk's trainer has thrown a bit of a lifeline in his staying in the competitive world, though not in an avenue that you might expect. He's suggested that he should give up MMA but suggests he could make more of a go of it if he moved into straight Jiu Jitsu. Whether Punk would want to do that is obviously up in the air, but it's an option that no one was really considering before where it was just a straight choice between MMA and Pro Wrestling.

The Brain
    If there are people around him saying he should continue to try to compete physically, he needs to drop these people yesterday. I doubt there are many big paydays in pure Jiu Jitsu anyway (I would assume not, anyway??) so seems unlikely he'd take the time for it.

On the first sentence... I mean, yes and no. Anyone who said that about UFC I agree, but if they're talking a transition to something more like pure jiu jitsu, the odds of him getting hurt in that are probably no worse than wrestling the way he used to. Sure, you might get choked, but you aren't going to be struck and as routintely bloodied as you would do in an MMA environment. And as someone who has tried both at a much less tough level, I can tell you that wrestling is a lot easier when you don't have to worry about a fist landing in your face if you make a mistake in your guard.

That said, you're right that there isn't a lot of money in anything outside of MMA, so if he was to stick in it he'd almost certainly have to be doing it for the love of it. Which is fine, I guess, if that's what you want to do. It's not like he'll ever have to earn another dollar in his life if he wants to live reasonably modestly.

So far as I can tell there's more talk of him doing that than coming back into wrestling any time soon, so if there is a move to get him back onto a wrestling show then people are doing a much better job of keeping it under their hat than usual.

What will be interesting is If he's not involved in ALL IN, we might not even hear about him for awhile and i could see him coming back to wrestling in a strange way... like showing up at a local indy.

You can't have real wrestling rumors about Punk if he's not interested of even entertaining the thought.
    Last edited by LK3185; 06-25-2018 at 12:23 PM.

That would be true Punk style really coming back at an indy with no announcement whatsoever.

I feel like if he ever has to work another day in his life for anything other than the love of it his accountant and financial plan have failed at their job.

At the moment it still sounds like he's not interested, if you believe what you read. Sounds like he's turned down the RoH MSG show. It does seem like one to come back for, if you had any intention of getting back into it.