Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Brain
    Haha, actually never heard that one. Stu rarely looked coherent in the 90s so I can't begin to imagine how he processed that conversation, or what he did with the information afterwards.

Bruce and Corney have both told it, and each time I hear, both versions are just so funny. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    The best in-ring story I heard recently was Ernie Ladd getting so fed up of a babyface who was getting too keen and not listening to him call the match, that he backed him into a corner and backed into him, grabbed the ropes, and said over his shoulder, 'you're gonna stay there until you listen to me; and when you listen, then we finish the match!'
    Just heard another version of this story which implies that the babyface in question was a very young and very keen Dr Death Steve Williams, who like a lot of green wrestlers was just trying to cram too much shit into his match until Ernie got fed up of him rushing and getting things wrong.

Tell you what though, the story takes on a whole new dimension when you figure he's doing it to a legit shooter!

Also a fun one, Bobby Eaton earned so little when he broke in working for Nick Gulas (who was notoriously poor paying anyway) that he could only afford a real piece out shit car. When his car(s) inevitably broke down he found himself taking the greyhound bus to make all the various towns.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    More proof that Bobby Eaton is the greatest person who ever lived.

I assume everyone has heard about Heyman, Bubba Dudley, and the FedEx tracking number?

Its a good one. When he was doing a lot of the business work for ECW Bubba was waiting for a cheque from Paul and was fed up with waiting when he called him to say they'd lose the building if it didn't come through.

Heyman said I swear it's already been sent out to you. So Bubba calls his bluff and asks for the tracking number.

And Heyman replies with total conviction "the number is 1....5....6....2....8.....9..8....7....6...5", or whatever the hell he says.

"uh, Paul, that's one too many numbers"

"eh, just knock the last one off"

Ha, yeah, I heard that before. It's quite a famous one, and I think Bubba told it on one of those ECW remembrance shows that they did. The same show, incidentally, when we found out that Paul Heyman knew how to basically hack into guys answering services. There's a dark side to those ECW days, man.

Haven't had many Haku stories in here so far. DiBiase used to tell one about how he was in a bar fight (some say he was trying to break it up), when the cops came. Obviously it's Meng, so they're not taking any chances with him without a fucking SWAT team, so they pepper spray him and stick the handcuffs on him. And the story goes he just dismissively snaps the cuffs behind his back and jumps back into the fight.

According to Haku himself, back in the kayfabe days he once bit a guy's nose off for saying the classic 'aren't you those fake wrestlers off the TV?'

And as that's not the most jolly, Owen Hart convinced Ahmed Johnson that he was going to appear on the tonight show. Not hugely far-fetched given the Mega-Push Johnson got in his first year in the WWF, but still... it was 1996, and even Shawn wasn't really getting those calls. Anyway, Ahmed buys it hook line and sinker, and apparently spends a huge amount of money on clothes and jewellery for the show. He's waiting for his limo getting more and more agitated when Owen asks him about it, and it's only after he's thought 'How does Owen know what time my limo is going to get here?' that the whole think sinks in....

The Brain
    Haha, you'd think anyone would know better than to believe Owen about anything. He must have been a damn convincing guy!

More Haku stories are always welcome, the dude is terrifying but awesome.

Love that ECW story, thanks for sharing!

Sounds more like Ahmed was an easy mark lol.

Heh, to be fair I think Owen almost always did this stuff over the phone. Most people had the the sense not to believe a word he said, but that wasn't enough to stop him.

He famously even got Stu once. According to Bret, he called his dad while he was there. I think they were in a hotel somewhere. Anyway, what's important is that he was pretending to be the bodybuilder Reg Park, and after a while of fake reminiscences turned to saying, with more and more assertive tones, that he could have beaten him in a shoot.

Eventually Stu gets angry enough that he yells out 'well if you wanted to try me Reg, why didn't you ever do it?!'. There's a few seconds of silence and then he slams the phone down. He turns to Bret with half a smile on his face.

'Owen. The little bastard got me.'

Not the best story in the world but still funny enough to be worth telling, and tells you something about the relationship between them.