Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brock Lesnar

People still don't feel sorry for him though. Best have him drop another match and try again in a few months.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Now does the WWE have the story telling ability at the moment to actually finish the story they have set out before themselves?
    You guys missed this part and you are probably right.

@Sir_Samuel

The Brain
    The story is Roman. It will always be Roman.

I tried to make the story about Roman, here is something I wrote before Mania:

When Roman Reigns debuted as part of The Shield in 2012 the group declared they were in the WWE to right the injustice that surrounded them on the WWE roster. They were three men with a chip on their shoulders who felt like they were being held back and mistreated, at the time they said “they didn’t just know injustice, they lived it”. As the trio rose through the ranks of the WWE this theme of injustice has not always been clear but has never quite disappeared. Be it Dean Ambrose fighting against Seth Rollins after he betrayed the unit, Rollins later calling out Triple H who deserted and attempted to debilitate him or Reigns fighting The Authority who conspired to strip him of a title he rightfully won.

“Brock Lesnar is an entitled piece of crap who hides behind his contract.”
    “Every single week me and them boys run across this world and we bust our arse and Brock just shows up whenever he wants to or when the money is right.”

In the last few weeks Roman Reigns has called out the great injustice that has been festering within the WWE for the last year, the conduct of the Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. In a year as champion Lesnar has put in less than an hours work in the ring, his refusal to turn up for anything beyond the biggest of cards has been an affront to not just the rest of the roster who are expected to turn up to every TV show, house show, signing and press interview they are scheduled to do but an insult to the fans who expect to see the champion act in a way that resembles more than passing interest in the sport we love.

Five years have passed since Reigns Shield debut and in that time the trio have gone from outsiders who didn’t even use the same entrance ramp as the rest of the roster to the leaders of the current locker room. Never was this more evident than when 'the boys’ including the likes of The Bar and Miztourage who Roman recently battled with, parted and let Reigns at Brock on the go home Raw show. While the result seems inevitable I for one am looking forward to seeing Roman enact his own brand of justice on Brock and truly establish this generation at the pinnacle of the WWE.
    The problem is that they set up this story and didn't pull the trigger when it should have ended.

I feel like if they wanted to keep going with Roman they could actually put the locker room behind him, have them show that they want Reigns to be the man to defeat Lesnar and bring him to justice.

May just get the entire locker room booed but it would at least be an escalation that would make sense of why he is still the guy that is getting shots at Brock.

@Sir_Samuel

The Brain
    Just keep pulling that trigger, obviously! Don't reload, just pull, pull, pull!!

Ok, I'm sort of kidding, but also not. I think Seth or Braun would both be great even now, but they have to actually bother.

There is no problem. From their viewpoint, consistency and fan reaction do not matter any longer. It's Roman, it's always going to be Roman. They've signaled that in so many ways, week after week, that it would be willful fantasy to ignore it.

Recently read that Brock's UFC return might actually all just be for leverage in talks with WWE. There's still issues about his doping record that either need to be worked out or prevent an imminent return and some are taking that to mean he's not going anywhere any time soon.

I think everything Brock does is a way to leverage for more money. He has the sweetest of deals in WWE and he wants to work UFC as well.. i don't think he wants to leave WWE, really... He wants everything the way he wants it.

That settles that then:

https://streamja.com/rORN

Also a better set of promos, segment and character work, than 95% of the scripted garbage on WWE.
    Last edited by Alan; 07-08-2018 at 01:08 AM.

That is one of the things I was thinking when I was watching the UFC card. Where is that fire from Brock in the WWE?

@Sir_Samuel

Well for one thing he's not allowed to swear on WWE tv besides one bleep.... that's all the UFC thing was.. as for the fire, He clearly doesn't care about WWE like that... He loves the competitive nature of UFC.

That's pretty much how Brock is anywhere in unscripted settings. Not necessarily swearing, but I've seen him at UFC QnA's, where he's just smiling, looking like he's having a good time, bouncing around. In UFC, he captures that larger than life superstar 'cocksure, doesn't give a fuck about anyone else' villain aura, and just does what he wants. I still remember his post-fight interview from UFC 100 (which was for many years the biggest UFC PPV of all time), he said something like 'I'm gonna go home and get on top of my wife..' to the audience applauding. The UFC encourages their stars, a bit too much, to be their own person and carry themselves like stars, whereas the WWE mostly just penalizes people for taking initiative.

Before the match he walked up to the commentary table and asked Joe Rogan to have him on his podcast. That is a podcast I would love to listen to.

@Sir_Samuel

Before the match he walked up to the commentary table and asked Joe Rogan to have him on his podcast. That is a podcast I would love to listen to.
    If this were WWE, Joe Rogan would have to make out a formal request to the company to get Brock Lesnar on his podcast. According to Jericho that's how it works in WWE. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If this were WWE, Joe Rogan would have to make out a formal request to the company to get Brock Lesnar on his podcast. According to Jericho that's how it works in WWE. Lol.
    I feel like that is the kind of thing Brock may just ignore. I mean, what are they gonna do? Suspend him from appearing?

@Sir_Samuel

I feel like that is the kind of thing Brock may just ignore. I mean, what are they gonna do? Suspend him from appearing?
    Yes, Brock would totally ignore it. Even Punk did. That's how we know the story: shortly before Punk left WWE, Jericho asked him if he wanted to come on his podcast, and Punk said 'okay', and then Jericho responds, 'Well, alright, I'll go submit a formal request', and Punk's like 'wait, why do we have to do that? Fuck that.', and Jericho goes all like 'well, that's how it's done, and I want to play by the book' But anyone who was lower on the card would probably play by the book, which just shows how much of a tight leash they're kept on.

Whereas in the UFC, no one would give a shit if no-name UFC fighters or lower card guys went on Rogan's show out of their own volition or other people's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That settles that then:

https://streamja.com/rORN

Also a better set of promos, segment and character work, than 95% of the scripted garbage on WWE.
    I want to see Brock vs that little Scrappy Doo fella who comes over and pushes him after he's pushed Cornier. I want to see that bad. Who do I pay to see that?

The Brain
    This Brock/UFC stuff is really eye rolling for me. If this is really making Lesnar more interesting as a wrestler to some, I am on a completely different planet from that person.

Did I hear Rogan was also claiming Brock shoots on people in matches and knocks people out, and used the Strowman Rumble shot as his "proof"?

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    This Brock/UFC stuff is really eye rolling for me. If this is really making Lesnar more interesting as a wrestler to some, I am on a completely different planet from that person.

Did I hear Rogan was also claiming Brock shoots on people in matches and knocks people out, and used the Strowman Rumble shot as his "proof"?
    Nah, he was on his podcast with a guy who's a wrestling fan that was trying to convert Rogan (Rogan's stance on pro wrestling seems to change quite often). He got Young Jamie to pull up the footage from the Rumble when Braun stiffed Brock and Brock waffled him back, and his stance was basically "that's why you don't fuck with Brock Lesnar". He also put over Braun as being tough for just being able to take that shot from Brock, which most guys probably wouldn't be able to.

The Brain
    Ok, that's more reasonable. Glad the reports were exaggerated on that one!

I'm not more intrested in Brock wrestling now that the UFC deal is done... i'm more into UFC simply because i want to see Brock get his ass kicked.. and I'm a Brock fan, it just amuses me that UFC and WWE bend over for him... When while he's been a huge star for UFC, would also get wrecked by most top heavyweights and in WWE, I don't think he's the draw he once was. If anything, his star is diminishing in both realms. UFC because of being away and the PEDS and WWE for being away so long and in a shit story line.

I remember when you could say Brock was of the most over people on the roster just a few years ago.

Another interesting thing is that technically Brock and Dana and Cormier have not signed anything (yet). Brock could just be using this as a negotiating tactic, and re-sign with WWE. However, Dana said Brock still has fights left on his 'frozen' contract; so Brock could re-sign with WWE, and also still end up doing this fight.

This is just as WWE is on its way to record revenues solely because of the TV deals. They could probably double his salary without flinching and match UFC's huge offers. How the times have changes.Brock's a genius.

I think the DC/Brock fight happens but almost regardless of what happens in the fight.... I don't see Brock winning but if he did.. you'd get more out of him of course... Still, there's not many money fights out there... if he wins, you do a Stipe fight... or Jon Jones... Brock loses the DC fight which is likely.. I don't know what you do after that. Plus DC is talking about retiring.. Jon Jones is the only other guy out there with a strong enough name even with his past.

In theory, WWE could do more with Brock but do they really need to when they have Ronda and they already have that massive tv rights deal?
    Last edited by LK3185; 07-10-2018 at 02:32 AM.

Brock's a freakshow attraction at this point. He loses to DC, you can still do the Jones fight when he's back and it'll sell PPVs. You can do the Brock-Hunt rematch. There's some intrigue there since Brock failed the test last time. We've never had the Overeem rematch, and a fight with Junior would be interesting.

If he loses, you just put him in special attraction fights with legends and other names. It doesn't have to main event but still gets him on the poster and doing the promotional rounds.

If he wins...good god. You've got the Stipe fight. The Overeem rematch again. Ngannou is one where Brock's got a halfway decent chance of coming out the other end with the belt, but if he doesn't you might have made a star overnight. Give Mark Hunt a title shot. Jones will probably be back eventually.

My preference is actually for him to have all those non-title name fights, but that's mostly because I'm not sure we need to see Overeem or Junior in title fights in 2019.

Thing is, most of those guys have fallen off really bad.. they're not challenging for the title cause they're not at that level anymore (and Hunt never was but i guess i would be curious about a rematch.. except i don't think the ped's made him lose..) If Brock was to win, you could do those name fights if you wanted and/or build someone young to beat him...What sucks is Ngannou/Lewis had one of the worst fights i've ever seen on Saturday. plus, I think Brock is a good enough wrestler where he could get them both down..

Oh I completely agree with you. Brock's primary value is in big name fights at this point and doesn't need to win a belt to be a valuable asset.

But this seems to be indicative of the fact that the Heavyweight division is just a little shallow at this point. You have the name guys who probably shouldn't be in a title fight at this point, and younger guys who aren't as exciting, don't have the name value and seem pretty evenly matched enough that nobody is really putting a bunch of wins together.

Stipe and Brock would be really interesting and I think fun to watch, and you almost have to assume that no matter who wins he's next in line, right?

I don't think that PEDs were the reason Hunt lost either, but when it comes to selling a PPV Hunt vs Brock, title or not, has a compelling story.

Yeah i don't think from a heavyweight standpoint, Stipe is out of it by no means. He was holding his own against DC and the power surprised him. he's the next best guy so unless Jon Jones is coming up, You'd almost have to have Stipe the next challenge (provided he beats whoever he faces in the interim) They could have built up Lewis or Ngannou for the spot but they were so unimpressive, they need to bounce back or you've really got nothing there.

I see it going like Brock loses, and they probably try to sneak in a Brock/Jon jones fight before a Jones/DC rematch...
    Last edited by LK3185; 07-10-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Lot of rumours about Vince trying to sign Lesnar to a new deal floating around out there at the moment....

I hope so. For me, and I think I said it before in this thread or at least somewhere on here, the first thing I do when Brock loses the title is ship him to Smackdown.

Well, actually that's the second thing I'd do, the first is book a surprisingly competitive match between him and Chad Gable the Raw after he drops the belt.

Then move him to Smackdown and have him fight all the guys who he hasn't been in regular competition with. There's a Styles rematch, Cesaro, Miz, Nakamura, Big E I'd throw in the ring with him, you could do a Samoa Joe rematch, and, of course, Daniel Bryan.

There's so little that's really fresh for Brock to do on Raw, and while I can see him having a Triple Threat with Braun and Roman at a PPV after SummerSlam (assuming they do a Braun cash in at the big show) I don't really want to see Brock essentially do the same flipping things he's just spent 12-18 months doing again.

The way to make him interesting is to use him against people more interesting, and make these bouts competitive.

They definitely need to find something different to do with Lesnar if he is sticking around.

I'd personally have Heyman run a stable of guys as heels who some or all could be built up as potential opponents for Lesnar and who could benefit from working with Heyman themseleves. Say for example a crew of Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Drew McIntyre, Chad Gable and Cien Almas

Well, well, well.....

....... Guess who's back, back again.....

I mean what is the point?

Does anyone that isn't trolling like this?

I think I feel about Brock how lots feel about Roman at this point.

@Sir_Samuel

I'm just bored of him, really. Just, completely and utterly bored of seeing him.

I wouldnt mind it if he wasn’t in the world title picture every time. If he was just turning up to destroy a talent, almost in a Takerish role. As it is, and with the repeated feuds, it sucks.

I think the good news is that after this Saudi Arabia show (which Brock is only doing cause Vince thinks he needs him lol) We won't see Brock much at all and it won't be the title match at Mania..

Not saying you can't be tired of this shit... but the only reason they are doing this is because of Saudi Arabia.

I think it might be more a case of the Saudi Prince dude paying Vince on the condition that people like Brock/Taker/HBK show up.

Rumours are that we're going to get Brothers of Destruction vs D-Generation X on that show too, with HBK coming out of retirement - that's the kind of money talking level they're at with the Saudi show.

So who is Brock being built up for now?

Personally I hope he takes the Championship into the UFC ring and Cormier bashes WWE's hubris to the moon but it is an interesting question because it is no longer completely obvious what the WWE's long term plan is.

@Sir_Samuel

I wonder if they even know themselves right now. Could just make Lesnar 'the guy' as a holding pattern until they've adjusted.

It is so frustrating because they could just as easily have put the belt on Braun, have him and Drew beat the bejesus out if each other while Seth and Dean feud and that is your main event programs for Raw.

@Sir_Samuel

It is what it is. WWE have essentially taken a safety net option and put the title on Lesnar rather than someone they might view as a 'risk' in Strowman.

It's kind of remarkable that were getting Styles Vs Lesnar II at the same event a year on with them both still being champions of their respective brands. Assuming neither man loses it in the next fortnight, of course.