Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brock Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mourn View Post
    Wasn't that the one where Taker hit him in the nuts?
    Yes, that is the case iirc.

I think Cormier last year talked about doing a run in.. yet it never happened.

if anything, Roman and Ambrose help Seth win.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Yeah, but that was during the match, so itís still clean. Ref didnít see it... there was no outside interference... clean win by WWE standards.
    I'd only call that clean if it's a No DQ match personally. Can't remember if the match had that stip or not.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Taker's win was definitely NOT a clean win.

Lesnar has Taker in a Kimura lock, the the time keeper rang the bell, and Lesnar thinking he won released the hold, but since the ref never called for the match to end, the match continued. The when the ref argued with the time keeper, Taker hit Lesnar with the low blow and put Lesnar in the Hell's Gate, and then Lesnar gave the middle finger to Taker before he "passed out".

So definitely NOT clean in any way.

So to restate, since 2012, had Lesnar even been pinned or lost cleanly in his 54 matches?

AND, since Lesnar's return in 2012, there have been roughly 364 RAW episodes, and about 84-88 PPVs/Network Specials, and Lesnar has only had a total of 54 matches including 16 house shows, meaning that he has only 38 "real matches". Talk about the best deal of all time when it pertains to professional wrestling.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-25-2019 at 08:20 AM.

And exactly why he’ll beat Seth.

Don't think so. As I stated, FOX wants him and Rousey on Smackdown when the show moves over in September. They paid, what a billion dollars?, to the WWE for the rights to Smackdown, and they want both Lesnar AND Rousey. The rumors circulating are that Fox also wants to attempt to make Smackdown into more of a legit fight feel to the program, and less of a staged performance, hence Lesnar and Rousey.

So I can see Lesnar losing to Rollins so that frees him up from the Universal Title and leaves that title on RAW, then he goes away for the Summer as he usually does, and shows back up on the first episode of Smackdown on FOX to challenge whomever is the WWE champ for that title.

So Fox gets Lesnar AND the main WWE title with all the lineage.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-25-2019 at 09:44 AM.

So to restate, since 2012, had Lesnar even been pinned or lost cleanly in his 54 matches?
    Goldberg at Survivor Series.

OK, anytime else?

Wrestlemania 29: Triple H def Brock Lesner in a no holds barred match. Everything was legal in that match so it technically is clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Don't think so. As I stated, FOX wants him and Rousey on Smackdown when the show moves over in September. They paid, what a billion dollars?, to the WWE for the rights to Smackdown, and they want both Lesnar AND Rousey. The rumors circulating are that Fox also wants to attempt to make Smackdown into more of a legit fight feel to the program, and less of a staged performance, hence Lesnar and Rousey.

So I can see Lesnar losing to Rollins so that frees him up from the Universal Title and leaves that title on RAW, then he goes away for the Summer as he usually does, and shows back up on the first episode of Smackdown on FOX to challenge whomever is the WWE champ for that title.

So Fox gets Lesnar AND the main WWE title with all the lineage.
    Well for one, sure looks like Rousey is going to finish up if you can trust the professional sources. Also, there’s nothing stopping Brock winning and being drafted to SD while Bryan gets drafted to RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Well for one, sure looks like Rousey is going to finish up if you can trust the professional sources. Also, there’s nothing stopping Brock winning and being drafted to SD while Bryan gets drafted to RAW.
    How would that work with the title belts when they are color coded to match the brands?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    How would that work with the title belts when they are color coded to match the brands?
    Just change it to blue if it’s that big of a deal? Bryan’s was never blue and now he’s changed his. Wouldn’t be that hard.

I think that would just make things worse. Everyone is pretty much sick of Lesner being champion as it is.

Lesnar's losing. They need to solidify some guys on the male side and Seth is a good person for that.

Seth and Kofi both win a Mania.

ďHow great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Thoughts on Lesnar's wrestling future now that it's looking like the UFC stuff might be going nowhere and his retirement has been mooted?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Honestly hope he's done, it's been quite a while since I looked forward to Brock. I know some value his star power and maybe even the occasional match but it's just not for me.

I would like him to put over Riddle but other than that, its hard for me to think who I'd want to Brock share a ring with and think it will be any good. I was/am a Brock fan but I've seen him wrestle everyone i wanted and so its like what's really left? He doesn't move like he used to either, over 40.... I don't think he's worth the investment either.

Only reason to bring him back is if Fox demanded it.

I've seen enough of Lesner, tbh. Him rarely showing up as champion soured my opinion of him. I'd like to see him put over someone like Bray Wyatt, or have a Lesner/Lashley match that people have been salivating for, but other than that, no thanks.
    Last edited by LifeLostInRewind; 05-06-2019 at 06:50 AM.

He should come back for one last run only to put someone young over.

Then he and Sable should co-headline a HOF.

Lesnar would set the record for shortest HOF speech.

I'm not so sure. When he gives those pre-recorded backstage interviews, he is actually well spoken and gives a good interview. Also, many of his talk show interviews are not bad. I think his problem is that he can't deliver a good promo when in the ring, be it anxiety, or whatever. Think back to when he came back in 2012, he was cutting his own promos and he was fine, but he was NOT as good as they hoped so the WWE got Heyman back for him. But when he has time to prepare, and I bet that Sable and Heyman will help him write his speech, he will be fine.

The Brain
    I assume the implication is not that he's a bad talker but rather that he wouldn't care enough to put any effort into a speech about being honored in wrestling.

Transgender Terror
    Maybe he's just a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I assume the implication is not that he's a bad talker but rather that he wouldn't care enough to put any effort into a speech about being honored in wrestling.
    Exactly.

Heyman should introduce Brock for the HoF and also give his speech for him, while he stands there hopping from foot to foot.

If ratings continue to be toilet, Brock will be back. Vince will pay him the money to bump the numbers, however small that bump may be.

Transgender Terror
    Because he's a bitch.

So it is still very clear that the WWE is centered around Brock Lesnar. We know that FOX wanted him on Smackdown when they make the switch, but now it is easy to do.

My guess is that Lesnar will win at the Saudi show, and then we will not see him again until the first Fox SDL, where he cashes in and wins the WWE Title, exactly what Fox wants.

Transgender Terror
    He's a bitch.

Challenge him to a fight to see who the real bitch is. I see you running with your tail between your legs.

Transgender Terror
    I'd kick his ass.

Doubt me all you want.

Yes you would literally kick his ass, and then get the dress beat off of you.

Transgender Terror
    You're next Nancy boy.

Bring it. I'm not afraid to hit a woman.

Such a shame to put him into that position, it really is. Especially after a ladder match where guys had been killing it for the whole thing.

Sounds like his MMA career is over so I doubt he's going to be leaving wrestling anytime soon

But that begs the question of WHY?

I do not believe that Lesnar actually likes wrestling, regardless of being good at it. I think he loved MMA, but saw that at an older age his health would be a factor, so he retired from it. But wrestling paid the bills, and then some.

Lesnar comes across as not loving the business like basically everyone else. He is in it clearly for the money. I know that is part of his onscreen character, but with him, I believe it.

Lesnar wants to be left alone on his farm, so with having enough money to live out his life there and have his grandkids set for life, why doesn't he just ride off into the sunset?

You've answered your own question, if you are motivated mainly by money then there is always a number that will get you to say yes, and WWE are obviously happy to pay it

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    But that begs the question of WHY?

I do not believe that Lesnar actually likes wrestling, regardless of being good at it. I think he loved MMA, but saw that at an older age his health would be a factor, so he retired from it. But wrestling paid the bills, and then some.

Lesnar comes across as not loving the business like basically everyone else. He is in it clearly for the money. I know that is part of his onscreen character, but with him, I believe it.

Lesnar wants to be left alone on his farm, so with having enough money to live out his life there and have his grandkids set for life, why doesn't he just ride off into the sunset?
    Maybe because you don't actually know what he wants? The fact that he can negotiate less dates but top dollar does not mean he doesn't like wrestling.

And I'm not saying he does like wrestling, but I think he enjoys performing. The only reason we think he doesn't like it is because he's not around much. But when he's on screen, he's as into his character and performance as anyone.
    And the best thing they've done with Brock since ending the streak was giving him the briefcase. There are many issues with winning MITB over the last few years, but by having a part time guy solves a bunch of them. First, it can be out of nowhere. He and Heyman can be brought in at anytime and switch things up completely. It's fresh in a way MITB hasn't been in a while. Second, because he's part time, they can save the hassle of jobbing that person out and "fixing it" with the title win, which is what they've done with most of the winners since Punk's first win.

there is no one on Raw's main event side that creates the energy Brock does. I understand many are done with it, but you can't deny that he brings something AJ, Seth, Baron, and anyone else just simply doesn't. This is the fault of WWE's booking, so I understand hating that part of it. But that's not Brock's fault, and blaming or hating him won't solve anything.

I do not blame or hate Lesnar for anything. Nor am I tired of him. I agree that the MITB has been upped since Lesnar is now holding the case, but that is where the WWE should take your advice.

Keep Lesnar off TV like they did when he was champ. Even keep Heyman off TV. Today's audience has the attention span of a gnat and they forget very quickly. Keep Lesnar off TV until SummerSlam at the earliest for his cash in. I would even say to the PPV after SummerSlam to get even more of a surprise return.

Why does it matter that he doesn't love wrestling? Why does that make a lick of difference to fans? It's ridiculous. Did Kevin Nash or Goldberg "love" wrestling? The Road Warriors were fucking bouncers who realized they could make more money beating people up. Ron Simmons loved football but couldn't do that anymore. One of my best friends who's one of the most charismatic wrestlers that I know is in to it now and watches shows with all the boys, but before he broke in he hadn't given a shit about wrestling since the 90s. It was just a cool thing he thought he'd try out.

This idea that everyone has to be living their "boyhood dream" and is so happy to be there is stupid. All the tough guys who are fighting for money and fame that people actually want to pay to see have moved on to MMA and have been replaced in pro wrestling by a bunch of bitches "living a dream" and so happy to be there.

I listen to a lot of Jim Cornette, and he's dead right on a lot of stuff. For instance, a big problem with today's wrestling is that the top guys, heels and babyfaces, are "living their dream" and that's supposed to appeal to the crowd. Back when you actually wanted heat, you did what Brock Lesnar does today. You didn't fight for the title because it was your dream, you fought for the title because it meant you made more money.

Sometimes I actually think that I hate modern wrestling as much or more than Brock. I'm not quitting though.