Thread: UFC/MMA

UFC/MMA

With the next UFC event a few hours away it seems like a good thing to try and bring this back, and I'm going to stick it for now as a live thread.

Then it'll become the general MMA thread in time.

Anyway, Whittaker and Yomero is the main though I think I heard something about the latter failing to make weight?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yeah missed it by a fifth of a pound. Always disappointing when it happens. I dunno, the whole weight thing has always been a mystery to me. They break their balls in the days leading up to the fight to get underweight, sometimes taking massive health risks and then walk into the cage 10-15 pounds heavier than the weigh in. I can see the advantage but it boggles me that they just don't fight at the more appropriate weight class.

Dunno if I'll last the night on this one. If not will catch it tomorrow. Defo wanna see the Punk fight.

Not a bad card overall this. Overeem, Rashad, Holm, RDA, Covington all on before the main event. Covington will be another good one to watch. The man always got some good heel shit in the bag.

Outside of the obvious taking place in the other thread, any thoughts on the rest of the card?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

As a casual UFC fan, I thought it was a good show. Colby Covington is a prick but a talented fighter that pushed RDA to his limit. Good fight. And the Main event was a war. Also, Curtis Blaydes really destroyed Overeem's face. Not sure if he can beat Stipe but looks like the best heavyweight with a chance besides DC.