Thread: E3 Thread

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar

E3 Thread

With the annual E3 conference currently taking place I thought it a good point for a thread!

Microsoft announced Gears of War 5 yesterday and, as a massive fan of the franchise (it's about all I play at the mo) the trailer I thought looked amazing. Can't wait!

Is there any announcements or games that have caught the attention of you guys?

I'm pretty much there for anything about Beyond Good and Evil 2, which seems to be having a very slow gestation period even with the E3 2017 announcements around it. I loved the original, the pre-/sequel looks like it's going to be fantastic - but they're sure as heck taking their sweet time on it!

I think Sekiro looks good from what I've seen, outside of BG&E2.

I think the new Star Wars game will be cool. I'll let you know if anything catches my eye after the Sony presentation; don't play XBox.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    The game I'm most excited about that was announced during E3 was Doom Eternal. The last Doom game was amazing, so I have high hopes for the next one if it expands upon that.

Also, I'll be keeping my eye out on CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077. The trailer looked great, and CDPR is one of the best publishers out there today. Considering this is that team's follow-up to Witcher 3, the expectations are sky-high, but I'm sure they'll deliver.
    Last edited by Degenerate; 06-12-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Last of Us 2 just knocked everything out of the park. The game looks phenomenal, everything that made the first game one of the best games ever but even more focused and with even more attention to detail.

I'm not one to care a whole lot about who 'won' E3 but I feel like in comparison to most of the games that simply had pre-rendered trailers with little to no gameplay it just blew the lot away.

Having said that I'm also quite intrigued by Jedi Fallen Order and I'll be keeping an eye on Cyberpunk 2077 although we are still yet to see much gameplay from it. That said Witcher 3 is right up there as one of my favourite games of this generation so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

If anyone hears of a Tales Of game for the Switch, do let me know.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    I'll be keeping an eye on Cyberpunk 2077 although we are still yet to see much gameplay from it.
    There were more details about the game out there. Some of the most important (for me, at least) is that it'll be a first-person open world RPG with a lot of elements from games like Witcher, Fallout and Deus Ex (stuff like taking missions from NPCs, pretty expansive character building that can affect accessing certain sections, dialogue decisions having far-reaching ramifications, etc.). I'm getting hyped about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    If anyone hears of a Tales Of game for the Switch, do let me know.
    All I've seen is that an updated version of Tales of Vesperia will be released for PC and current-gen consoles including the Switch.

Ooohhhh that sounds very intriguing, saying that dialogue and choices impact the story is instant interest to me.