G1 Special in San Francisco

From the Cow Palace on the 7th of July.

Card currently announced: title rematch between Bucks and Sanada and EVIL, Omega vs Cody for the IWGP title, Jay White defends against Juice Robinson, and a tag match between Okada/Ospreay vs Naito/Bushi.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Solid card so far for that event.

I don't know if there will be any sort of title change at the show, but that probably doesn't matter. If one of them had a chance it would be the North American title - I could see Juice get that title on him for a bit.

That's very interesting. I thought Jericho would be defending the Intercontinental Title, but if he does, who would it be against? Obviously not against EVIL or Naito, since they are already booked.

I wonder what Hiromu's doing.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Hopefully trying to kill Dragon Lee again. Never not fun.

I think Jericho will be on this, but I think they're waiting for the right moment to announce him.

Vs Ibushi would be cool.

Jericho has hinted repeatedly that he would not work any shows in the US that weren't for WWE and I'm pretty sure if he was booked on this New Japan would've wanted it out last night with the rest of the matches. I don't see him on the show. I do see Dragon Lee either facing Hiromu or Desperado (the latter being in a mask match, which has been teased) and I expect Mysterio will be there to face Liger seeing as Ospreay is unavailable. But no Jericho.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    This is an interesting video that got published today:

Take it with a grain of salt, since Jericho is really good at playing his cards close to the chest. He's repeatedly said that he hasn't wanted to do anything in the U.S. outside of the WWE, and I'm kind of inclined to believe him.

The Brain
    Yeah, I don't see it happening. Jericho does come off a bit dickish in the video, in my opinion, but I also respect his position.

Mysterio/Liger would be cool, but now that I've thought of it I kind of really want to see Mysterio vs. Dragon Lee at some point.

Ticket sales aren't moving at a great rate post match announcements apparently.

The Brain
    I really think they are being hurt by being close in time to All In. It's basically the same fanbase, and it's a traveling crowd, so they kind of had to make a choice of who to go with. All In just had more hype on this one. I hope they still get over the hump though.

Also booking Cody vs. Kenny 2... i think they're draws for that being the elite but its still the second match... I could see that not getting people excited.

I expected something else being second from the top. As it sits, while Omega's "homecoming" (he's Canadian, but, whatever) is gonna be special, There is nothing on this card, as it sits, that stands out. Naito/Okada in the same ring. But, neither with a title and having no direction. The US title match will be fun, but White's a dud. I know few people in America that care for his character, no matter how "smooth" he is in the ring.

This whole thing has been handled like a second tier show. The thing is, it is.

They are running Florida, aren't they? This month. Way too many things going on.

While we get a one match card, Ishii/Suzuki are fighting in the UK.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

It's also been said that Cow palace, San fran is hard place to draw. WWE hasn't been there in years.

The show will do fine but i'm more just thinking that these cards aren't really that eye popping like they should be if you want a foothold in America... Then again, its hard, cause the way New Japan is booked, you're not gonna get a super show a few days before the G1.

I don't even mind, New Japan needs to keep growing in Japan and not focus so much over here.. But when they do come here, they are open to criticism.

If they're working Florida, it's not on the schedule and Omega/Cody is only second from the top because the Bucks are the Bucks.