Major League Baseball - 2018 Season

The baseball thread was going pretty well at the time of the crash, let's hope that it gets going just as well this time around.

Saw the Angels got a shutout on the Rockies, Barria had a great game.

Yankees on a 17-1 run, in the toughest stretch of their season. In their past 4 series, they swept a current wild card team (Angels) and went 3-1 against the defending Champs and current division leaders (Astros), at their ball parks. Then they came home to sweep another division leader (Indians) and take over the AL East & best record in baseball from their most hated rival (Red Sox). Like Andre guzzling 4 jobbers in a squash match, but it was the ELITE of the American League.

Season will be over by the All Star Break. August will be nothing but phantom injuries and minor league call ups, so everyone is rested to main event October.

Trade deadline will be boring in the Bronx, because there will be no one available who is a big enough improvement to justify giving up the prospects. Maybe they package some prospects with Ellsbury and half the money left on his contract, for rosin bag, 1/2 pack of stale cigarettes and 7 oddball beers that have been floating in a cooler for 2-3 weeks.

It was a hell of a start for the Red Sox but they're looking less consistent now. Just when you think that win over the Yankees could be a corner turn they immediately turn around and lose to Toronto. Oh well.

Red Sox back to winning ways after dropping a couple against the A's.

That rain delay seemed to mess things up for the Mets, 12-1 is real one-sided.

If Ohtani finishes as a top 20 AL hitter and top 20 AL pitcher, is that good enough to be MVP? I think it’s an interesting question because we’ve never seen anything like him before. If he does both things good but not great, in my eyes he’d still have to be in the convo because he does both.

I'd go with Top ten and if The Angels make the playoffs. Although I guess Trout will steal some votes.