Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agreed....The Brewers and Rockies. Both teams have a lot more desire and heart.

Also, a nice tidbit. Christian Yelich has the Batting Average Title locked up, but he is 1 HR and 2 RBIs off the lead in the NL. Today's game 163 counts for the regular season stats. If Yelich can hit 1 dinger and get 2 RBI's at minimum, then he can win the Triple Crown for the NL, something that hasn't been done since 1937!
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:08 AM.

Won't be so easy for Yelich with Arenado and Story still to play later and Baez against him. Regardless, he's the MVP. The reason the Brewers are even in the tiebreaker. Is at the top or near most stats.

Mookie Betts is the AL MVP

I know, but JD Martinez is getting completely overlooked, he almost won the triple crown.

In almost every other metric, Betts leads Martinez. I actually think JD is more important to the team this year cause he gave them a much needed boost but the Award leans heavily on WAR and Betts has the best WAR.

I love the WAR metric, but that is NOT always the best way to determine a players worth. Betts went down to injury this year and only played in 136 games with a slash line of .346/32/80 with a 10.9 WAR to Martinez's 150 games and .330/43/130 with a 6.4 WAR. Yes the WAR for Betts is 4 games higher, but Martinez's numbers do not lie, 50 more RBI, 11 more HRs and only a slightly lower average.

I have no idea to why Martinez wasn't even in the discussion. If he did not go on a HR slump he could have won the Triple crown.

How is it with 50 more RBI Martinez's WAR was lower? is it b/c he DHed a lot?
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:46 PM.

Probably. Defense is also considered in WAR and Betts is one of the best outfielders in the game. I would say that Martinez is a close second. I can't count Trout because his team wasn't contention (Why I hated Stanton winning last year..

The numbers are too close to not go Betts imo.

Also, RBIs is a bit overrated. Does JD get that many RBIs if hitters in front of him aren't on base all the time? No. A telling stat to me is Betts even with less games, still had more extra base hits than Martinez (one more but still) and he had 18 more runs scored.

Finally he had 30 stolen bases.. If he was healthy all the way thru he would have had a good shot at 40.
    Last edited by LK3185; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:14 PM.

Now we're entering the crunch, anyone willing to stick their neck out yet and make a prediction?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Sure I'll bite. Boston vs Milwaukee in the World Series. Milwaukee wins in 6

Yankees/Dodgers. Yankees in Six.

Red sox don't have the pen to win so if Sale and/or Price are bad, they will have to out slug the Yanks.. Which is doable except the Yanks should have the arms throw at em. Yanks will be hungry to beat the Astros.

Braves are too young to beat the Dodgers and I think the Dodgers will get past the Brewers in a good series.

Woke up to a 16-1 scoreline this morning. Not sure I saw that coming after game 2....

I thought this series would come down to the middle relief, where the Yankees have a decided advantage but it really hasn't in any games. Sure, yankees got close in Game one coming back on that bad pen, but they were down 5-0 after a Bad two innings by Happ. The Yankees blew out David Price in game 2. Severino was awful in Game 3.

So what i'm saying is, the bullpens haven't really had the effect i thought they would. Getting blow out early screws that all up. Yankees if they lose this series will have to focus on Starting pitching and try to find more gap to gap contact hitters. That's one of the reasons Red sox offense is so good. They don't just rely on the homer.

I'm glad you weren't right. Not just because beating the Yankees, and seeing anyone beat them, brings me joy but also because the Sox and Astros is a pretty exciting clash.

Astros in 5.

Sounds like two thirds of the money is on Houston to win, so you can't rule it out.

The series will come down to starting pitching cause I think the Hitting and bullpens are about even (but Astros can throw more names out like Mccullers) If Verlander, Cole and Keuchel pitch well, its gonna be hard for the Sox.

Did any of you hear the:

1. Huge sigh if relief when the game ended last night
    2. The huge bout of evil mastermind laughter emanating from my mouth

coming from Long Island when the Sox beat the Yankees again? If not listen closer next year. lol

Sox in 6 over the Astros. Honestly I do not care who wins, as I am rooting for a great series, but I think the Sox will take it.