NJPW w/ RevPro - Strong Style Evolved UK

Cards were announced for this yesterday. Will be available through both RevPro subscription service and then through NJPW World slightly later.

Can't recall much of the Milton Keynes card but the Manchester show has a few bits that I can remember.

WALTER vs Yujiro Takahashi
    Tomohiro Ishii vs Menoru Suzuki for the British title
    Zack Sabre Jr. Vs Kazuchika Okada
    Yuji Nagata vs Shota Umino
    Taichi vs Will Ospreay
    Jay White vs Chris Brookes
    A Chaos vs Suzuki Gun six man tag
    And....
    A fatal four way that has Tiger Mask in it....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

These should be good:

Tomohiro Ishii vs Menoru Suzuki for the British title
    Zack Sabre Jr. Vs Kazuchika Okada
    Yuji Nagata vs Shota Umino
    Taichi vs Will Ospreay
    Jay White vs Chris Brookes

I normally skip the 6/8/10 man tags these days. They're just filler.

90+% of the time absolutely. Every now and again a champ eats a fall though and that feels significant, so I generally watch.

I guess it's a bit like how in the old days you might sit through the squash matches just on the off chance it was another Kid/Razor moment or similar.

The Brain
    I am fucking triggered that they have WALTER on the card and they gave him Yujiro. I mean, if anyone can drag him to a good match, but what a colossal waste.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I've never watched any of these UK shows, but I will be watching Ishii and Suzuki beat each other silly. Their encounter at Dominion got me hyped up for that match.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    90+% of the time absolutely. Every now and again a champ eats a fall though and that feels significant, so I generally watch.

I guess it's a bit like how in the old days you might sit through the squash matches just on the off chance it was another Kid/Razor moment or similar.
    Meh, if that happens Kelly and Callis will talk about it; I don't need to see it to be surprised/intrigued about it.

I don't know who WALTER is, Mizzie, but he gets Yuji Nagata on Night 1. The main event of that one is Suzuki & ZSJ defending the tag straps against Okada & Ishii; so that one should be great.
    Last edited by XanMan; 1 Week Ago at 09:24 AM.

No, I'm sure you don't need to. It's just my explanation for why I do still tend to watch it.

I do wonder what the deal with Yujiro is, because I see a huge amount of solidness and decent fundamentals and yet it usually translates to.... nothingness, I guess might be the best description. I wonder how they'll play this, whether it'll be a very mat based thing using those fundamentals or if he'll just bump around for WALTER in something early in the night. Hard to say. But anyway Mizzie if that ain't your thing I think the night before he's up against Nagata which might have more appeal for you?
    Last edited by Prime Time; 1 Week Ago at 09:29 AM.

The Brain
    WALTER/Nagata is definitely more appealing, though I still feel like it's underselling the level that the guy is at, and that's coming from a guy who really likes old man Nagata. Xan, I think you'd be a fan of WALTER so if you get a chance to check him out, definitely do so. Hopefully this leads to some marquee appearances for WALTER at future shows, or maybe even some bookings in Japan. I really do think he'd fit in great over there if he wanted to.

We were talking on the old board about WALTER maybe not going into NJPW but maybe going into next year's champion carnival, so maybe this is more of a slow starter for him. Rather than put him in there with the bigger names straight away they take a look against a vet in Nagata, and a guy whose usually in the opening third (Yujiro), and see what he does there and how he plays in front of a... well, not a typical NJPW crowd, but a sympathetic one, say.

The Brain
    Looking over the card again, I guess the only actually significant guys they brought over are Okada, Ishii, and Suzuki, and they are all wrestling each other or Sabre, who is already New Japan established, so if that was something they had to do I guess they were kind of stuck. Still feels like a waste to me though, if I were in attendance I'd want to see fresh, never before seen match ups, but I can see others might prefer to see a simulated full on "New Japan" experience.