Thread: Bobby Lashley

Bobby Lashley

Man, Lashley sucks. he just had a match against one of the best workers in the company, and Zayn could have made him look like a million bucks, but it was a squash match.

Three lifts onto the shoulder to a modified torture rack, and three vertical suplexes, and the pin.

Terrible. I know Lashley doesn't book the matches, but he did nothing.

You say he doesn't book the matches and yet.... it was booked to be a squash. That's what happened.

Not like he could have pulled a 4 star squash out of his ass

Still, in other squash matched by anyone not named Lesnar, there is more offense then just: Pick up Zayn onto shoulder, faux torture rack, drop Zayn, Delayed Vertical Suplex.

You lied. Lashley also did a fall away slam and a spinebuster.

That faux torture rack was a backbreaker.

Not really lied, but exaggerated.

And ok to the backbreaker. Either way Lashley looked terrible and Zayn worse.

Well he had his first engaging promo since he got back. I mean it was pretty generic and lets face it anyone could stand in front of Reigns, say those things and get a pop but it was something.

Still don't want to see him in the WWE but at least if he is going to be there then I'm happy he is getting more interesting.

@Sir_Samuel

I think a match with Roman could honestly be very good if they do it right.

If what people who watch him in impact say is correct then absolutely, they could have a really good brawl just like Reigns did against Braun last year. The problem is lately they have taken that match style away from Reigns, it has either been finisher spam against Lesnar or Cena-lite, neither of witch he fits terribly well.

@Sir_Samuel

Holy SH!T!!! Lashley just beat Reigns clean 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring!

Looks like we get Lashley vs Lesnar at SummerSlam.

I'd buy SummerSlam for this. It's a match I've wanted to see for a long time!

The Brain
    I'm glad some people are still into Lashley. It amazes me how fast WWE killed interest in him but maybe a match with Lesnar will rebuild some interest? Even though he pretty clearly doesn't have a chance in hell to beat Brock.

I wonder though, since Brock is leaving, do you possibly have Heyman turn on Brock, setting up Bobby to be champ? Then you can do the same thing with Lashley, go back to him being a destroyer, and be a full time bad ass.

The Brain
    I'll believe Brock is leaving when I actually see it. IF he is, I do like the idea though. I mean, I like it anyway, but if Lesnar stays, Heyman's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Holy SH!T!!! Lashley just beat Reigns clean 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring!
    I haven't seen any WWE since this happened, did they actually manage to make something out of it? Sounds like the sort of win you should only give someone if you're going to try and drag them up into serious contention.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Nope, since the Win, Lashey lost to Reigns on the next RAW setting up Reigns' match against Lesnar where Reigns won. Then Lashley was in Limbo until KO attacked him.

So having Lashley beat Reigns was lost and forgotten immediately.

I like his pairing with Lio, especially with Lio getting physical too on RAW.

I don't watch 205 Live, so I didn't recognize Lio until last week. I knew where he was from, though.

Anyway, I'm incredibly impressed with him. His voice is unique and his athleticism to escape captivity last night was pretty awesome. I'm on board with this. Lashley is so boring to me. I'm glad he's being a fucking weird creep and saying "MAH MAN" while widely smiling, leaving you wonder whether or not he'll murder you. Adding Lio should really help his character.

The pairing finally paid off tonight. Lio already was annoying now he can really heel it up for Lashley, who should just never talk.

I am very happy that the WWE is using managers more and more now to help with talent that can't talk, but the use of Lio Rush for Lashley has to be the worst possible decision. He is the most annoying person to ever use a microphone. I get he is supposed to draw heat, but he is drawing silence, and the "just please stop talking" silence.

He got great heat in Chicago but it was more quiet last night. I still think it's a good pairing. Lashley was getting crickets anyway so worth a shot.

I'm all for a heel turn and a heel manager (heat magnet), but pick someone who is not the little annoying kid in the back of the classroom that every teacher and student wants to kill. Lio Rush will make people tune out Lashley instead of cheering to hate him. Rush will have X-pac heat.

Find the smart, smarky, well spoken person that can read a room and generate appropriate heat. The manager does not have to be Paul Heyman, but Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, and Mr. Fuji are all great examples. They were not "great talkers' but they knew what to say and when and how.

And in regards to Chicago, Chicago is like NY where they cheer for who they want and not what the script tells them to. They love and respect good/great workers and talent. they were rooting against Lashley because he was going against Owens who is an anti-hero favorite.

Same with Elias. He is a perfect heat magnet. People love him, and then he says the exact right thing for the crowd to turn on him. Brilliant. And speaking of Elias, what is the WWE waiting for with the push for him? The guy is so over it is ridiculous, even without theme music!
    Last edited by Powder; 10-16-2018 at 02:45 PM.

I know all about Chicago but usually Philly similar. I still think this pairing can become big. Lio is perfect for him.

I used to change the channel because Lashley was all around boring, and the only reason he was on the roster is because he has an incredible body and Vince jizzes all over himself when looking at Lashley. Now I change the channel because Lio Rush is so damn annoying.

I used to change the channel because Lashley was all around boring, and the only reason he was on the roster is because he has an incredible body and Vince jizzes all over himself when looking at Lashley. Now I change the channel because Lio Rush is so damn annoying.
    lol

Man I love Lio Rush's schtick right now. He gives off that Floyd Mayweather vibe and to me it is working for Lashley having a manager and having a change in attitude.

The guy looks like a big beast, let him be one instead of a happy smiling dude.

Of course we need to see how this plays out long term but so far I'm actually down for Lashley for the first time since his comeback.

@Sir_Samuel

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    I've been digging Lashley's current role. He plays the heel role really well if given the chance.

A few years ago I went to a tiny indy show in the Bay Area. Lashley was part of the show when he was in TNA and had a match in the second half of the show as a face. Later on in the main event, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake was part of a tag team match with someone else against two local guys playing the heels. After the match the heels started beating down on Beefcake, and Lashley came out for the save. Or so we thought - Lashley turned on Beefcake and started beating him down viciously, and it garnered some good heat on him. I always remember that moment and wish that they gave him that vicious streak. He obviously has the look to make it incredibly believable.

Lio Rush is good in that role but he already needs some new material. I don't know if the same "He looks like money" shtick repeated over and over again will make fans tune out entirely soon.
    Last edited by Degenerate; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:39 PM.

I am just going to put my original response here again...