Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ah good old FFP. The thing nobody is quite sure how it works lol. My guess is it will be a do what we want and worry about it later because we have money type deal

That seems to be what every one else does, doesn't it? So long as it doesn't lead to points deductions and cost us promotion or something....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I hear Messi is arriving for a medical in the morning!!

He'll love Birmingham. I bet he's never even heard of a Balti pie.

Honestly, I don't know what Rafa is doing at Newcastle, at least work for a team who are willing to spend.

I think it's that he's been at the top clubs and has been fired by a lot of them. It's not like he's suddenly going to change his style, or win so much more, that he'll get more of a chance at them. Newcastle is basically his level, and he's popular there. I guess he's thinking, why risk that going somewhere else?

Good come from behind win for Villa away at Hull. Probably the sort of performance that'll put a few million on the Grealish valuation, from what I've read. Still expect him to go to Spurs though, even though they have four players like him already.

Is the Fantasy Football league active this season? This is the first year I'm going to take it proper serious as I'm in a few paid leagues, so thought I may as well clean up the LoP one too if it's live!

I think Maz usually sorts that out?

I'd be interested in that, the official premier league one I assume?

Yeah, official premier league one. On a side note, if anyone wants in to a paid one - 10 in - PM me and I’ll get your feet under the table!

How do people feel about the window closing before the season starts this year around? On the one hand I'm kind of glad that we don't have weeks of endless transfer talk after the proper football starts, and it's got to be less disrupting for clubs to work in this way. But equally it feels like, with the World Cup and everything, the whole window has been squashed into about three weeks in total, and that no club has probably done all the business they want to as a result.

I'm marginally for it. I think from a business standpoint, it's probably for the best, as some clubs were certainly prone to panic buying after the first couple of games went awry. However I would have kept the midnight cut off point, added to the intrigue long into the night (the window closes at 5pm I believe tomorrow).

That being said, when the panic buys were happening for other clubs and not your own, can't say it wasn't entertaining...

^ I'd probably agree. It felt strange being so early but equally it's good that it's done before the season really gets going. There was nothing worse than being on egg-shells for weeks and then having to reassess your entire season when someone got poached at 11.30pm on deadline day.

Villa sneak past Yeovil away in the 1st round of the League Cup to keep up their unbeaten start to the season last night. This week we have Ipswich away. Not the easiest assignment in the league but probably easier than it was when they had Mick McCarthy as coach.

Why do Arsenal fans hate Hector Bellerin so much?

It's a difficult question to answer, especially for me as I fall on the other side of the argument. I rate him fairly highly. But I think most of the hate stems from a few reasons:

First of all, he's very attack-minded. That in itself is not a problem, but for a side whose biggest problem is the defence, he goes missing at important moments because he is too high up the field. He's not a good defensive full-back and while in the past he has been able to use his pace to get back to a defensive formation, most of the time it's too little too late. We are suckers for counter attacks, more so than most other teams.

Secondly, probably across the last 12 months, when he is further up the field and in an attacking position, he either makes the wrong decision or a poor cross. We lose possession, which starts a counter attack for the opposing team and thus our frailties are there to be seen.

Finally, he simply hasn't stepped up his game and has slightly regressed as a player. Two or three years ago, when he first burst on the scene, there was an excitement to his game and the fact that he was 19/20 meant we thought he could only get better. Only he hasn't, at least not as of 2018. I personally don't completely agree with this opinion that he has regressed, I think the whole team has worsened defensively so it's not fair to lump the blame on him completely. But I agree he certainly has not improved his game since then.

Add in the fact that he's a bit of an oddball when it comes to fashion (doesn't bother me in the slightest, but some people will misconstrue what his "priorities" are), there's a lot of fans laying into him at the moment.

On a larger scale, I'm very much waiting before passing judgement on Emery. Two sickening games to start the season with, I'm not going to criticise too harshly on that. We'll see towards the end of September where we are before I start forming opinions on the style of play...
    Last edited by Gooner; 20 Hours Ago at 10:39 AM.