Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    John Terry and Thierry Henry collabing as super best friends forever!! One great attacker? One great defender? What could go wrong?!

It would be amazing if that happened.

I've heard a rumour that Henry is being lined up for the job at Monaco, which is curious.

Honestly, that convinced me of the merit of Brendan Rogers more than Brendan ever did by himself.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I get the feeling Henry is going to get mentioned for any manager's job that comes about. I think he'd fit in well at Villa, the only possible drawback is that it may feel difficult for him to go against Arsenal should they get promoted. He's always said he would never 'play' for another English team, so not sure if that would relate to managing too. The other side of it is if he would get the time; you'd think he would, especially with Terry there. Is it just me or should the roles be reversed, Terry the main man and Henry as the assistant coach? Terry is more of a leader than Henry in my book...

Henry's already turned us down if you believe the rumour, so there's now chat about turning to Dean Smith (with the possibility of Terry returning as an assistant).

Have to say, it would make sense. Started his career there, so he has roots in Monaco.

Smith is a good get for villa, you'll be happy with him ��

Hope so. It's a popular appointment with the fans anyway.

In other Villa news, RIP to the inventor of the bicycle kick and our one-time chairman, Doug Ellis.

Gone quiet in here with the Premier League on a break. Anyone see the England game in the empty stadium? That was pretty weird.

Also, funny bit of news came when the guy doing the livetweeting of the Stourbridge game had a typo so it read something like "25 minutes - Smith shoots wife from 30 yards".

Naturally football fans had a bit of fun with that one.

Yeah saw the game out of the corner of my eye (playing Fifa at the time). Only real talking point for me was the Rashford miss. The sky is the limit for him, but he needs to start putting away the easy chances. Too many 1 on 1s he's fluffed his lines. There's still plenty of time to rectify that.

Spain game tonight. I'm expecting a loss, just hope it's with guts.

Enjoyed non league weekend. Was entertaining. Wembley FC are a great little team.
    Last edited by anonymous; 11 Hours Ago at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Spain game tonight. I'm expecting a loss, just hope it's with guts.
    Well well well... Now that is a turn up for the books. Haven't seen highlights yet, but heard we picked them off on the counter. Sterling getting two should silence his critics a touch. I think he is a little overrated overall, but some of the stick he gets in the press is quite harsh at times. I don't usually buy into the whole "agenda" theory that the press have for certain people, but Sterling is one that makes me wonder at times.