Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Obviously got the result I would have taken before hand but feels more like a missed opportunity when you were down to 10 for so long.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yeah, I'm happy with the point - not sure whether Masuaku quite warranted two yellows, but it is what it is and in both cases it's a kind of 'seen them given' case.

Fabianski was probably our MotM, but I think Rice and Diop both had good games, as did Anderson.

What went on with Mings and El Ghazi Prime, do you know? Mings seems to have a bit of an edge to him, which might be good for him and you at some points in time but seemingly go either way.

As I understand it, El Ghazi was in the wrong (unless something out of the ordinary was said). Basically, Mings bollocked him for not doing his defensive duties very well and he didn't like it and squared up to it.

Apparently it's all put to bed now. Can only hope so because it's not something you want rumbling on when you've got a season of scrapping for every point.

My first instinct was that the second yellow was harsh, but that's modern football for you. Doesn't really matter how 'bad' the foul is anymore, if it looks like a ploy to break up the game you're running the risk of the card. I don't much like it myself, but as you say, seen them given.

Fuckin' Arsenal, man. I think of all teams in the past 15 years they've been shit against us and gotten away with it more than pretty much anyone else.

Yep, got lucky there. You could say that the opponent going down to 10 men and conceeding 2 is unacceptable, but the fact is we did not deserve to win that game.

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #2: 7 Treatments for Wrestlemania Fever

I haven't managed to see much of Man United this season, are they really as bad as people are saying?

They really are, in my opinion. Heard Paul Merson and Jamie O'Hara discuss it last night on Sky Sports The Debate and O'Hara was suggesting they may even need to start looking behind them instead of upwards. Merse is convinced they won't finish top 4 and it's 50/50 whether they'll finish top 6.

As for the times I've watched them, against Arsenal it was a 50/50 game, but in the sense that both teams were shocking, not impressive at all. But considering that was at Old Trafford, it looks worst for Man United than Arsenal. All things considered, for Arsenal it's a decent point away from home (even if realistically, had we played 10% better we'd have won).

Against Newcastle on Sunday however... it was a shambles. No desire, no leaders, no impetus. It's a pretty bad Newcastle side to be honest, but at no point did I see Man United coming away with 3 points.

As an outsider's view, I've never been impressed with Ole. I just don't think he cuts the mustard. You don't go from Molde > Cardiff > Molde again > Manchester United and expect a world-class manager capable of turning things round, never mind what he did as a player. Tony Adams bleeds Arsenal, but I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole if he came close to taking over as manager. The appointment was entirely emotion-based, which is fine for 10/15 games, but not long term.

I had them pegged as finishing 6th before the season started and at this moment in time, if they were to finish there, they'd be doing well.

Any United fans feel the same way? Appreciate they will have a more refined understanding of the situation than I would.

They lost to us. They're awful. Leicester should be embarrassed that they lost to them.

Quite genuinely, I think without not just a managerial change but a wholesale change in behind the scenes structure, they are going to be starting the bottom half of the table in the face for a number of years to come. Hard to imagine they will have many more summers where a player of the quality of Pogba, Maguire etc sees Man United as a step up from where they are if they continue the downward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    I haven't managed to see much of Man United this season, are they really as bad as people are saying?
    Honestly - It doesn't even make me sad anymore, I just laugh about it.

So much needs fixing from the top down.

Finally England lose a qualifier. First time in a decade.

Should we be concerned about this? I can't help but feel the defensive issues that were seen at the World Cup haven't been addressed through the Nations League or these qualifiers. Just that normally we have enough firepower to overcome them.

Not too concerning for me, happy to put it down to a bad day at the office. But ideally England should try and get some high-class opponents leading up to the tournament.

On a more concerning note, the Bulgaria coach said he didn't hear any racist chanting at the Bulgaria vs England game last night and furthermore suggested the England fans were the ones causing trouble.

What should happen: Fifa bans the coach (let alone the fans/team) from ever coaching again

What will happen:

Probably a fine. Over or under the one Bendtner got for having Paddy Power pants on?

The President of the Bulgarian Football Union has resigned in the last hour.

Come from behind win today, and we're on course for staying up now. Pleased with that!

Gotta call that a bad result for Spurs today.

Have the wheels come off the Spurs train so badly this season as a result of poor management, or is it something else? Part of me wonders if it's due to the previous under (or non-existent) investment in the squad after Moura signed - it can't be easy keeping the same squad for 18 months and maintaining the levels of competition.

Kane also seems to be determined to play a deeper role than Spurs perhaps need him in on a weekly basis - it's almost as if they now need a second striker who's going to poach off the chances Kane creates, whereas I used to think that was exactly what Kane was good for. A player like Javier Hernandez or Wissam Ben Yedder could be really good for them to work in tandem with Kane.

On top of that, they've got quite a few contracts running down, and others don't seem to want to be there - I think there were a fair few who were looking to move on, or the club were looking to move on, in the summer.

Seems like a bit of a perfect storm of things all colliding - I wonder if Poch's race is run and they need someone like Allegri to come in and push the players again.

Disappointed with West Ham's current form - we've been on the slide since that loss to Oxford, think it really burst our bubble and we've not quite regained it. Two home games against Sheffield United and Newcastle United to come for us now, which I really hope we can get something from.

I must admit, I'm confused as to why Pellegrini left Yarmolenko on the bench at the weekend in favour of Fornals, who's very much a central player and not a winger. We got wrecked down the left flank as a result because Fredericks was offered no protection against Digne and Bernard.