Thread: NHL Thread

NHL Thread

So the Islander keep on making movies, first Hiring Lou Lamoriello for our GM, now hiring Barry Trotz. With the draft tomorrow, I see the Isnalders trading at least one or both of their picks for a goalie.

Probably Philipp Grubauer, from the Caps!!!

Then we re-sign Tavares and we have the makings of a playoff team.

Those predictions aren’t looking too good right now (although they drafted smart in the first). I just don’t want him going to the Leafs.

From all the reports I read, the Islanders "won" the draft, and everyone is saying that they cannot believe that Oliver Wahlstrom "fell" to the Islanders at number 11.

Also, we have a week or less to find out if Tavares re-signs with them. He is scheduled to talk with 5 teams this week, but no one can give him more than what the Islanders offered him: 8 years and 88 million.

He’s going to his hometown Toronto which isn’t a shock. I hate the fucking Leafs.

From what I've been reading a lot about how the Oilers do - whether it's another struggling season or something of a bounce back to closer to the year before - is going to be to do with what happens on their right wing. If someone can break out and nail that position down then they'll look a lot better, seems to be the gist of some the talk out there.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Oilers will keep struggling. They are ran by buffoons. There are only so many things Connor McDavid can do.

I am intrigued to see how Vegas does this season.

I'm not optimistic about the season, to be honest. Still looking forward to having it back though.

Are there only four of us here who actually follow hockey?!

I'm into Hockey but it comes and goes.. A few years ago, I had gamecenter I'd watch two games a night but lately, I've been more a basketball fan and since my hockey team isn't in my market (i'm a former Whalers fan but they moved to Carolina... I still support them there but can't watch them often without Gamecenter) Last year I wasn't really watching it closely.

Hockey fans get overshadowed by the return of the NFL.

BUT I am excited for hockey season to return especially with my half season to the Isles and that I get 10 games back at the old BARN!!

The Isles may not make the playoffs, but we have a future.

Barzal, Bellows, Ho-Sang, and the new kids they drafted.

Lucic getting our season underway. 1-1 as it stands.

Anyway, anyone else watching?

Sort of. I watch what they have on Premier Sports. Just watched the Avalanche game.

I only managed to catch the last few minutes of the Oilers and Nashville and to be honest it looked pretty dead as a contest by that point. So watched it with more of a curious eye and thought the Predators were looking pretty good.

Looking forward to Canadians and islanders tomorrow.

Me too. 5 in a row and sole possession of first place! I hope they can keep this up!!!

Also...looking forward to December. I am taking a road trip to Montreal to see the Canadiens vs The Rangers and The Canadiens vs The Sharks and going to Montreal. wink wink

Then after x-mas going to Boston to see the Bruins vs the Devils!!!

Oh, and I'm also going to Patriots vs Jets at Foxboro on Dec 30.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Week Ago at 03:49 PM.

Sorry for the double post, but the Islanders gave that game away to the Canadiens last night.

Sorry for the triple post, but Isles - Rangers tonight!!!!!!