Thread: Catch-22

Catch-22

I hear George Clooney is working on an adaptation of Catch-22. The film version led to a lot of people saying that the book was basically un-film-able, but maybe this version - slated as more of a TV show - will be able to get to grips with more of the novel. Perhaps, given the length of the book and the few decades in the interval, this will be more successful.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    It's my favorite book of all time, so I hope they do well with it. I actually did like the movie but I agree it didn't do justice to the book by a long shot. Nothing is going to be better than the book, but this may well get closer at the very least.

Just us mate!

It's a great book, no doubt. I'm still skeptical about the ability to film it, and I also think there's something about the climate now that could lead to a backlash against some of it, if they stick really close to the book. I do think TV could map onto it better than a movie, because it's a long old book, and there's been some changes in.... let's call it style, over the years, that I think could make some of it a bit more accessible.

I'll probably watch it, anyway.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."