View Poll Results: Who will lose their championship first

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • AJ Styles

6 50.00%
  • Brock Lesnar

6 50.00%

Will Brock Lesnar or AJ Styles lose their championship first?

Both men have had a sizeable reign that has lasted through Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania season and we are coming up to Summer Slam. So who will be the first to lose their title? AJ Styles or Brock Lesnar

The Brain
    I'm just assuming Brock retires with the belt at this point, haha.

Lesnar b/c of UFC dates

Twitter: @libsuperstar

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.W. View Post
    Lesnar b/c of UFC dates
    You mean he isn't going to walk in with the belt in tow. I reckon Vince would love the idea of that even though MMA fans would absolutely scoff at it.

The Brain
    And rightfully so, that'd be as silly as Hulk Hogan walking around in wrestling wearing the props from Suburban Commando...

Which of course he did.

I could see AJ losing the title at Extreme Rules and Brock forfeiting the title after that show.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    I could see AJ losing the title at Extreme Rules and Brock forfeiting the title after that show.
    That is surprising, I would have bet my house (that I don't own) on AJ Styles, what makes you think Rusev will get the nod to take the championship?

Why would Brock be forfeiting the title? As per every indication, he's wrestling at Summerslam and most likely going to drop the title there.

Are you guys seriously buying into baseless rumors, and Raw storylines about Brock 'walking out of the company with the title'?

Also, Brock has to serve 6 months of suspension and USADA pool testing before he can fight again.
    Last edited by Alan; 06-29-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Yeah I agree with Alan, if Lesnar was actually going to be forfeiting the title and walking out on the company for real there is no way they would be calling attention to it the way they are.

MVW made me think too much.... lol

But still, i think AJ loses it before Brock cause his match at Summerslam goes before Brock's most likely.... if AJ makes it that far with the title.

My reason for AJ losing is simple. They want a change and to go for Rusev for a month.. or so.. and Bryan i'm not sure will be in the Summerslam title match.. and if that's not the case, your biggest match for AJ is Joe... which has been done to death in TNA. You can make that triple threat with Rusev easy.

Edit: Also Brock possibly could be in the Usada pool already if the rumor for a December fight is true.

The earliest possible fight for him, assuming he already is in the pool, is *very* late 2018, if not early 2019. Therefore, there is zero conflict with UFC dates and Summerslam. He is not 'walking away with the title', or 'forfeiting it' or anything like that. He would not have kept the title at Mania and at the GRR, if that were the case. They did not extend his year-long reign, just to have him walk out without doing the job. The singular purpose of him having the belt and this contrived year-long run (and inorganic redux of his original 2014-2015 run), was to finally have Reigns do what he couldn't do at WM 31. They chocked, and backed off at WM 34, but only with the mindset that they would do it 'properly' at Summerslam. 'Properly' meaning Reigns gets his heroic babyface triumph, which is obviously not going to happen, but they will keep trying. It's just going to be a monumental waste of time and Brock, at the end of the day.

The Brain
    I do want to clarify, I don't actually think Brock will leave the company with a title. That was an exaggeration, but I do think they'll just leave it on him for as long as humanly possible.

Well currently neck and neck. I think consensus is that neither will be lost before Summer Slam so I'll be interested to see who each man faces there.

I'm now convinced AJ will lose his title before cause i actually think Brock isn't wrestling again until after the DC fight which is likely in December.

What a businessman.

I think it's AJ, but only because he's match will happen first at Summer Slam. Brock will lost the title there, don't get worked.

Say Brock wrestles at Summerslam.. and the UFC has him penciled in for December. If I was Brock, i would make sure that i'm losing in a quick squash so i don't get hurt and screw with the payday... lets also remember how old Brock is.. If he gets any serious injury before the fight, it might never happen.

I wouldn't put that at risk.

Last time he had a match at the start of a fight camp was Mania 32 against Dean Ambrose, we all saw how demotivated and cautious he was.

When they are done right the first half of fight fight camps leave you a broken and busted man, you don't want to be heading in already with injuries.

Maybe he will even do the Goldberg match again. Not terribly believable after the finisher fest that Mania and GRR were but it may be what they end up doing.