Where in the World is Andrade Cien Almas?

Talk about a guy who turned his work around in a big way in NXT, I certainly wrote him off when he didn't impress initially but they stuck with him, rejigged his character and by gosh did he become a great heel champ. He is now on Smackdown and I think they WWE have learned from the mistakes of bringing up a 'beloved' heel (like Bobby Roode) and are keeping Almas oriented exactly how he was down in NXT.

So now he is on the main roster who would you like to see him feud with?

Personally I think a Daniel Bryan feud would be the absolute dream but in lieu of that happening going for the US Championship would be the perfect role for him while he establishes himself on the main roster.

The Brain
    For a guy who had mega-hype in NXT, I haven't heard a single thing about his main roster run so far. What's he up to since showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    For a guy who had mega-hype in NXT, I haven't heard a single thing about his main roster run so far. What's he up to since showing up?

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

He actually pulled off a Destino on Sin Cara while wrestling on the Japanese tour.

But yeah so far has been fairly quiet, just wrestling with Sin Cara mostly. Hopefully once it winds up he can enter into something a bit more high profile.

This Tweet might say it all.

Damn, I didn't think it was that bad.

I swear they just draft these people up with no plan only to get a pop and think they can work it out later.

That's the issue, isn't it? There's no planning for half the call-ups they make nowadays. The three NXT call-ups they made, you've got McIntyre as muscle for Ziggler and little more right now, Sanity have only just really debuted, and Andrade doing nothing week on week.

When you look at the people that were drafted in April, there's been next to no impact from any of them. You've got, what, Hardy and Ziggler winning the secondary titles on each show, and then maybe The Miz and Baron Corbin doing a couple of decent things? Joe's not been super noticable to me on Smackdown. I guess Big Cass could be said to have had an impact, prior to being released.

This is a sad thread for a great wrestler.

Another week and he's not even mentioned or given a promo.

I called the Chad Gable thread the "Chad Gable is underappreciated thread"

Maybe we should rename this "The Where is Andrede Cien Almas Thread?"

Yes! Thanks mods.

Makes me alsmot as happy as if we had seen Almas on Smackdown.

I now want a segment for this on Smackdown, like a Where's Wally shot of the crowd where you have to spot Almas and Vega.

That = ratings

Wrong cartoon...

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    So, a segment where wrestlers have to answer geography questions correctly in order to get a match with Almas?

Bring back Matt Striker and his teachers gimmick.

So, a segment where wrestlers have to answer geography questions correctly in order to get a match with Almas?
    Oh man, I just had this scene in my head right now...

ALMAS: If you can guess where I am, I will grace you with a match against me tonight!
    *Eiffel Tower appears in the background*
    Wrestler A: Are you in Madrid?
    ALMAS: No! And now you have cost everyone my presence!

I'm not too worried about Almas not being on TV much. From what I saw from a Rey interview, he wants there to be an LWO like faction, and I think Almas hanging around until then is the best thing. Have him beat Sin Cara, make that a PPV match when Sin Cara is healthy, maybe a blow off match at Summer Slam, but keep Almas around but not featured yet. The slow build is best for him. Once Rey comes back as rumored, Almas best booking is to beat Rey at Wrestlemania. The guy has #1 heel all over him, he was the #1 heel in Mexico, this guy is super talented, and I don't think rushing him to wrestle Daniel Bryan or any other American wrestler will help him, unless he's winning. Let's keep it real, he doesn't have the momentum yet to beat a lot of people yet, unless they hot shot book him like the did Del Rio. But Del Rio's ceiling was not as high, so hot shot booking for him was good, it got him into title pictures and wins over big names. Almas has a much higher ceiling, let him build, until you book him to be strong enough to beat Bryan, AJ Styles, Nakamora. I wouldn't rush him in there yet. Inring wise, yes, it would be great, but the crowd is not ready to accept him on that stage yet.

The Brain
    I think if they want to build him up to beat Rey and have it be a big deal, though, they need to do more with him to make sure people think that actually is a big deal. You've got to feature and let him beat some people, instead of, well, nobody.

He needs to beat people, but not right to Daniel Bryan, Rusev, and AJ Styles, and at the same time he can't lose to them either.

The Brain
    That's kind of the point I'm making though. In three months of being on Smackdown, he beat two nameless jobbers and nobody else. You'd think he could at least roll over someone like Tye Dillinger.

I've no clue what's going on. They have a gold mine here, and instead they pushed Cass who ended up being more trouble than he's worth.

This reminds me of the 15ish months of Gran Mentalik only working Main Event tapings.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

They found him!

YAY!

See you next week on Where In The World Is Andrade Cien Almas

May have to rename the thread, apparently Vince is very impressed with him which I guess means he'll be around a lot more from now on.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."