Collection Thread

I've always had a knack for collecting stuff. As a kid, it was NFL themed slushee cups from the gas station, Goosebumps books, Street Sharks action figures, wrestling tapes/DVDs, etc. And it's only gotten more out of hand as an adult.

- Vans sneakers

- MAD Magazines

- Nippers (alcohol)

- Horror movies

- Different flavored Mountain Dews

- Goonies tattoos and memorabilia

- Themed board games

I grab coffee from DD every morning and even started saving the cups with the intent of one day building a giant plastic Dunkin man. This is the stupid shit a person does when they're single and live alone. Anyways, I was wondering what other people out there collect? Is collecting a form of addiction? And have you ever spent a ridiculous amount of money on a collectible item?

Goonies tattoos! That sounds like an interesting one, how many of these tattoos have you go? Also I didn't even know Mountain Dew came in different flavours.

I collect football jerseys from countries or cities I've visited. It is my one souvenir I always get if I spend a long time in a place or particularly like it.

My wife collects different versions of Harry Potter books which I think is pretty cool, we have a pretty big book shelf but my dream house would absolutely include a library room.

I would love to collect guitars too but that is not something I have money for.

Back in the day I used to collect the Hasbro WWF figures. Not in any sensible, keep them in the box way that they'd be worth anything now, unfortunately. But I did have quite a few.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I used to collect Warhammer 40,000 stuff. I've still got them but I'm too scared to go into the shop and ask how to play properly. I read the rule book and codex Orks (which is what I collected obviously).

It got me thru a really dark patch of my life and I actually enjoyed painting the bastards.

But I just left them to rot and don't really know what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Goonies tattoos! That sounds like an interesting one, how many of these tattoos have you got?
    The Goonies is my all-time favorite movie and pretty much sums up my childhood so I used it as the central theme for my tattoos. I have two full sleeves, a few on my chest and a couple on my back. My right arm is more traditional stuff (One-eyed Willy, pirate ship, treasure map, sword, etc.) and the left is kinda abstract Goonies (Corey Feldman quarter, octopus from the deleted scene, Data ziplining thru the clouds, Chunk in a blender, Brand riding the little girl's bike, etc.). It's somewhat difficult to count them since the sleeves sorta blend into each other but I'd say around 30 tattoos overall. Trying to get a new one before I leave for vacation on Thursday lol.

Also I didn't even know Mountain Dew came in different flavours.
    Yeah I don't drink it as often nowadays but have a whole bookshelf stocked with various flavors. Code Red, Livewire, Voltage, Baja Blast, White Out, Mountain Dew energy drinks and even 6-packs of the old glass bottle ones.

I collect football jerseys from countries or cities I've visited. It is my one souvenir I always get if I spend a long time in a place or particularly like it.
    That's awesome. I was big into collecting NFL jerseys during high school but they were the cheaper knock-offs. My broke ass couldn't afford the real thing.

My wife collects different versions of Harry Potter books which I think is pretty cool, we have a pretty big book shelf but my dream house would absolutely include a library room.
    Also very cool. I had all the books as a kid but lost them at some point. I've been tempted a few times recently to buy the steelbook box set but haven't yet. The Harry Potter series is responsible for getting me into reading and writing in the first place.
    Last edited by SkitZ; 07-07-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Can't believe I left off football stickers.

Used to collect Merlin Premier League stickers, and one year even collected the short-lived Endsleigh football league stickers too. That was less fun because no one else did so swapping was a bitch.

Naturally Panini World Cup stickers were also a thing, and I even completed 2010 and 2014 albums along with plenty of other members of this very site.

I do remember for Euro '96 Merlin and Panini went head-to-head with their albums. I had the Merlin one, I believe. I'm looking at some pictures now and it certainly looks more familiar.

Does anyone remember the WWF sticker album?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I had a big collection of random Star Wars memorabilia as a kid. I think I still have at least half of it all boxed up in the loft. I also continue to collect wrestling DVDs and blu-rays in spite of the Network for two reasons - one, I just enjoy doing it and, two, you never know when you might not have any more access to the Network for a while!

I also decided recently to start collecting Pop Vinyl figures, specifically with a view of those related to my nerdy loves in and throughout my life. My tattoo artist does it, and talking to him about it convinced me I wanted to do it too. My house is already nerdy so I figured why the hell not?! It's a cool system too. It's from a site, Pop in a Box. It's like a loot crate thing, only not random. For a tenner a month you get one through the post every month, but you have a wish list - you tell the site which ones you want, don't want and have already and, using that, they send you a random one from your wish list without telling you which. It's a surprise, but never an unwelcome surprise. I actually love it, daft as it all is.

I just need to invest in a shelving unit now...