Favorite Events You Saw In Person

I'll do my top 5:

1) ECW Fanfest, Trenton Babe Ruth Field, 1998 - buddy got 2nd row seats. It was a wild scene. One of Sandman's last appearances before he left for WCW. When he arrived and drove past the line waiting to go in, he was followed by a Trenton cop. When the fans lined up to enter started cheering and screaming, cop just drove off. Sandman had 1/2 6pk of Bud on the passenger seat and a can in his hand. Spike Dudley drove him to the ring w/ the ring truck. Sandman was standing on top of it, chugging beer.

2) The Highway to Hell SummerSlam, MSG, 1998 - Mezzanine seats, good view. Tickets on sale day of the show. Closest Tickemaster was 40min south, then back home, the liquor store, and drove 2hrs into Manhattan for the show. $30 or 40 for parking. Austin/Taker main event, HHH blew out his knee beating Rock for the IC belt in a ladder match, Mankind lost the tag belts to 2 coattail riders, tap Bud Light was $8 or a bottle of Heineken poured into a plastic cup was $10, Heinies were goin down easy.

3) Extreme Rising, 2nd Show, June 30, 2012 - Was at the first show and it had just as many lows as highs. Gave it a 2nd shot and it was great. Front row seats, beer and chilled Jager on sale. Extreme Luchadores were great, until I high fived one and had to go to the sh*thouse to scald the blood off my hand. Fittingly I was blacked out drunk during the BLK OUT/Gangstas match. Did a lot of leering at Reby's butt. Broke up a fight in the parking lot after the show.

4) In Your House: Mind Games, 1996 Core States Center, Philly - Nose bleed seats. First event I went to as an "adult" (20y/o). Went on a whim, was only watching here and there. Sandman/Dreamer commotion made it the most interesting match Bradshaw and Savio ever been in. Tag Title Change and the highly touted HBK/Mankid match

5) Pint Size Brawlers, mid 2000s, local bar, NJ - One of the craziest nights in a bar, ever. Was loaded out of my mind, and I think the rest of the crowd was the same. Only 1 match between 2 lil fellas, but a match w/ a midget taking dollar tips from the audience and securing them to his oppenent's head with a staple gun sticks with you. Woman who owned the bar had no clue what to expect, her son booked em. At one point the guys left the pallets w/ a high school wrestling mat ring and fought into the bar. The look on the owners face when a midget climbed the bar, chugged a mug, then dove off, smashing the heavy beer mug on his opponent's head was worth the price of admission. When it was over, and the bouncer was about half way through the crowd away from us and the make shift ring, I told my buddy to hit me, and I sold it doing the Andre tied in the ropes spot. Got a lil pop, bouncer saw it, freaked and tried struggling to get through the crowd to us. LOL!

Honorable Mentions:
    First WWECW show on SyFy, in Trenton
    Extreme Reunion, Shane and 2Cold fought into the bleachers right next to us, I met New Jack in a diner afterwards.
    WWE at the hockey arena in Trenton's first public event
    ROH in Rahway Rec Center, Kevin Steen spit in Jay Lethal's mom's face. Cornette musta booked that. Wrong kind of heat, almost started a riot.

I was at a slew of Monday Night Wars era Raw/Nitro/Thunder, but the beer and weed consumed those evenings make it so I couldn't name a match.

The Brain
    Man, awesome idea for a thread and an awesome list! Let's see what I've got to offer...

1. The CHIKARA Supremacy, Chicago, Logan Square Auditorium, Dec 3 2016 - Just a crazy awesome show. They did the 8 vs. 8 Cibernetico match that went 72 minutes and we were rocking for every second of it, then after that we got the bonus main event of Mike Quackenbush coming out of retirement for Drew Gulak's last indy match. I swear I've never heard a louder pop in my life than when we realized we'd get to see Quack return to the ring. Amazing.

2. CHIKARA Sword of Destiny, Chicago, Logan Square Auditorium, June 13 2015 - Another completely packed CHIKARA card. Was in the front row and had to vacate several times as wrestlers fought or dove into the crowd, which is a wonderfully exhilarating feeling. We got to see Ciampa do a guest spot in the main event against Dasher Hatfield and they had an awesome match, and then we were so hyped that we literally refused to leave the venue, chanting for one more match. Eventually the ring announcer came back out, touched but completely bewildered, and stalled until they could put together a bonus match. "Encore matches" have become a trope ever since in CHIKARA, but that was the first one and it was clear they were scrambling to put something to together, and to their undying credit they actually put on a great six man tag that was much more than just a blow off dark match. Amazing experience.

3. CHIKARA King of Trios Weekend, Easton PA, Memorial Day Weekend 2015 - A stacked year that featured Lucha Underground guys like Fenix, Drago, and Aerostar, as well as AJ Styles and the Young Bucks, plus tons of other great guests and loads of brilliant CHIKARA guys. Also got to see 2 Cold Scorpio wrestle and DAMN he's so good good still! All three nights were amazing, had a blast. Yeah, CHIKARA rules.

4. TNA house show, Mount Pleasant MI, Nov 2 2013 - An unlikely choice maybe, but I've got to say the crowd for this was so unbelievably hot. I'm not sure if it's because wrestling usually doesn't run in the area or what, but people were going nuts for stuff. It was capped off by an Aries/Roode match that is still one of the best I've seen live, just great stuff.

5. WWE Night of Champions, Chicago, Sep 19 2010 - I'm not sure what reputation this event has but I had a blast with it. Miz/Bryan was an absolute banger, I got to see Undertaker wrestle live, and even a WWE title change, albeit probably not the most satisfying one ever. Still, this one sticks in my mind as a great experience.

HM -
    2009 Raw house show in Denver with a CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy ladder match. Punk lost and sold so long that a ring attendant had to carry him to the back!

2010 Raw house show in Michigan with one of HBK's last ever matches, a tag match with HHH against Cody Rhodes and Jack Swagger that had the crowd rolling.

Payback 2013 in Chicago, CM Punk returns as a face to wrestle Jericho

Raw in Grand Rapids with the fake out Mark Henry retirement promo. Possibly the best non-wrestling segment I've seen live.

Raw in Chicago featuring Brock Lesnar. He didn't do anything interesting in the ring but he did throw one of the announce table TV into the ring, and it literally bounced into the crowd and could have killed someone. Great job, Brock!

TNA house show in Michigan in 2014, not as hot as the year before but I did get to meet EC3, Bobby Roode, Bully Ray, Gail Kim, and a lot of other guys I am a big fan of. I still have the shirt EC3 signed for me, I was pretty much the only guy there who seemed excited to see him at the time but he blew up soon after.

CHIKARA show in 2014 in Chicago, my first indy show. I guess CHIKARA fans weren't that impressed but I was mind blown to be so close to the action and meet so many of the guys before and after the show.

CHIKARA show in 2017 in Chicago, attended with my brother for the first time and we had a great time and saw some great matches.

Sting winning his first World title at the Great American Bash
    Ron Simmons winning the World Title in WCW
    NWA Tower of Doom match at the first GAB PPV
    The first NXT live event I went to with my daughter
    Seeing Shinsuke in NXT teaming with Joe against Aries and Dillinger
    Seeing Ricochets 630 Live from the front row

Too many to count honestly

SummerSlam 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkmala
    I'll do my top 5:

1) ECW Fanfest, Trenton Babe Ruth Field, 1998 - buddy got 2nd row seats. It was a wild scene. One of Sandman's last appearances before he left for WCW. When he arrived and drove past the line waiting to go in, he was followed by a Trenton cop. When the fans lined up to enter started cheering and screaming, cop just drove off. Sandman had 1/2 6pk of Bud on the passenger seat and a can in his hand. Spike Dudley drove him to the ring w/ the ring truck. Sandman was standing on top of it, chugging beer.

2) The Highway to Hell SummerSlam, MSG, 1998 - Mezzanine seats, good view. Tickets on sale day of the show. Closest Tickemaster was 40min south, then back home, the liquor store, and drove 2hrs into Manhattan for the show. $30 or 40 for parking. Austin/Taker main event, HHH blew out his knee beating Rock for the IC belt in a ladder match, Mankind lost the tag belts to 2 coattail riders, tap Bud Light was $8 or a bottle of Heineken poured into a plastic cup was $10, Heinies were goin down easy.

3) Extreme Rising, 2nd Show, June 30, 2012 - Was at the first show and it had just as many lows as highs. Gave it a 2nd shot and it was great. Front row seats, beer and chilled Jager on sale. Extreme Luchadores were great, until I high fived one and had to go to the sh*thouse to scald the blood off my hand. Fittingly I was blacked out drunk during the BLK OUT/Gangstas match. Did a lot of leering at Reby's butt. Broke up a fight in the parking lot after the show.

4) In Your House: Mind Games, 1996 Core States Center, Philly - Nose bleed seats. First event I went to as an "adult" (20y/o). Went on a whim, was only watching here and there. Sandman/Dreamer commotion made it the most interesting match Bradshaw and Savio ever been in. Tag Title Change and the highly touted HBK/Mankind match

5) Pint Size Brawlers, mid 2000s, local bar, NJ - One of the craziest nights in a bar, ever. Was loaded out of my mind, and I think the rest of the crowd was the same. Only 1 match between 2 lil fellas, but a match w/ a midget taking dollar tips from the audience and securing them to his oppenent's head with a staple gun sticks with you. Woman who owned the bar had no clue what to expect, her son booked em. At one point the guys left the pallets w/ a high school wrestling mat ring and fought into the bar. The look on the owners face when a midget climbed the bar, chugged a mug, then dove off, smashing the heavy beer mug on his opponent's head was worth the price of admission. When it was over, and the bouncer was about half way through the crowd away from us and the make shift ring, I told my buddy to hit me, and I sold it doing the Andre tied in the ropes spot. Got a lil pop, bouncer saw it, freaked and tried struggling to get through the crowd to us. LOL!

Honorable Mentions:
    First WWECW show on SyFy, in Trenton
    Extreme Reunion, Shane and 2Cold fought into the bleachers right next to us, I met New Jack in a diner afterwards.
    WWE at the hockey arena in Trenton's first public event
    ROH in Rahway Rec Center, Kevin Steen spit in Jay Lethal's mom's face. Cornette musta booked that. Wrong kind of heat, almost started a riot.

I was at a slew of Monday Night Wars era Raw/Nitro/Thunder, but the beer and weed consumed those evenings make it so I couldn't name a match.
    Dope that you got to witness thos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S.

How did you react?

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    SummerSlam 2002
    How live was your section when Michaels came out?

Twitter: @libsuperstar

A long time ago, but it was very, very loud.

I was sitting 7th row ringside for Stings win. He was over huge at that time and I was a big fan. The crowd went apeshit as did I

Pretty jealous of being there for GAB'88, Rob.

Was there 88 through 91 actually

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    The top of my list is being able to go to Wrestlemania in person twice (29 in New York, 31 in Santa Clara). Regardless of people's opinions of those shows or the WWE in general, this was a dream come true for me after being a WWF / WWE fan for so long.

Attending a couple of shows in Madison Square Garden was also an amazing experience. My favorite particular show was the one where Kofi Kingston put Randy Orton through a table with the Boom Drop in the crowd - I was sitting probably 20 feet away from the spot where it happened, and that was one of the loudest crowd reactions I've ever heard, even to this day. I'm still kinda upset that Kofi never got a push out of that.

Going to the Tokyo Dome to watch New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom this year was awesome. I would love to do that again in the upcoming years.

Pretty much all of the big New Japan shows in Osaka since I moved here have also been great. My first show to go to was Dominion in 2016, which is where Okada won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Who knew that he would still be holding on to that belt, and that I might see him finally lose it in a couple of weeks in the same place two years later. Most of the Osaka shows I've been to have had classic matches, as well. My top three are the 60-minute Okada vs. Omega match, Okada vs. Ishii in the 2016 G1 Climax, and Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee in New Beginning 2017.

My favorite part of Mind Games was after the main event and while everyone was leaving, we heard the ring bell and another match being announced. Escalators were just going down, so we couldn't get back to our seats. Got down to about the 10th row to see them tape a few matches.

Another good show was a Meadowlands RAW where they announced that after the set up, they had extra floor seats available via ticket window. 4 of us drove up and got seats about 5 away from the walk out ramp, at the back of the floor. I started the first Nuuuuuuuh-get chant for Owen. There was only about 3-4 rows of us doing it. My buddies and I all marked out a few weeks later when we were watching a RAW and the whole crowd was doing it.

Worst show I was ever at: First NXT touring show at the Tower Theater in Philly. 3' high ring on top of a 4' high stage meant I paid $90 for 3rd row seats and could barely see what was going on. It was rumored to be at ECW Arena, but I guess they wouldn't go WWE exclusive, so WWE had to scramble for a different venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post

I would have loved to go see some old Crockett, when I was a kid. I'm in NJ and I knew my pop wasn't driving to Philly. They came to an armory about 20 minutes away and when I asked if we could go, he just clowned me for being a wrestling fan. Wasn't as traumatizing as when he stood behind me and laughed while that prick Bob Feller was running 11y/o me down for the crime of wearing a Yankees jacket to a baseball card show.

I Wrestled A Bear Once. CanadianCrippler's Avatar
    I paid an arm and a leg for the NXT Takeover Toronto and Survivor Series 2016 tickets but it was absolutely worth it and it being my 21st birthday weekend just make it feel so much more special. I took my dad to both shows and he was blown away by Roode's entrance and Goldberg winning so fast. That Goldberg (vs) Lesnar match was hyped! DiY verus Revival is legendary! Everything about Takeover was immaculate, although the Joe / Nakamura match doesn't look amazing revisited I will always carry the memories of him shocking the crowd perhaps as much as Goldberg did to us by winning so fast the way he did.

My friends and I got front row hard camera side to War of the Worlds 2017 where Kenny & the Bucks took on Daniels, Takahashi & Kazarian. That was a fucking phenomenal show to be a part of! The energy never died and Matt Taven riled everybody up with cheap heat for fuck sake. Cody and Osprey had a great match too and apparently it was Will's birthday as well but for me the best part was after the show I went outside for a cigarette waiting for my friends since they were trying to get autographs, and ironically I saw Frankie Kazarian outside the arena exit and got him to sign my zippo "To kyle." on one side "Kaz" on the opposite. I grew up watching Kazarian rise up thr TNA ladder and actually believed he had a chance at beating Kurt Angle for the TNA World Title so to actually meet him a decade later was an absolutely incredible moment I'll never forget. Still got the zippo too.

Honorable mentions were a house show in 2007 in Hamilton, Ontario when The Hardy' defeated Cade & Murdock. A returning Chuck Palumbo defeated Val Venus. Cena and Khali went to a DQ finish when I think Orton made a run in. It wasnt that memorable to me for the matches but it was the first time I became aware of the house shows.

And also the first show I ever went to was Raw January 17, 2005 (still got the ticket) where I learned sunday night Heat was taped before Raw, announcers and commentary have entrance music, I saw Tyson Dux get jobbed to Chris Masters in a dark match and then Raw began with that kickass pyro! Shawn Michaels got booed out the building and reminded he screwed Bret when he defeated Christian. My dad bought me a "Chris Benoit 4-real" shirt just before the Benoit Jericho match... I wish he got me that Eddie shirt with him as WWE Champion in hindsight and Batista got a massive pop when he came out to kick Viscera's ass. Something happened between Kane and Snitsky happened but I don't recall... I do remember the dark main event being Jericho, Benoit & Orton versus Evolution being really good because of the crowd reactions and only HHH got booed out of everybody!
    Last edited by CanadianCrippler; 12 Hours Ago at 11:20 PM.