WRESTLEMANIA ERA DRAFT- COMMENT IF INTERESTED!!

I'm thinking of doing a Wrestlemania era draft. I am trying to get 10 or so guys for it.

- It'd be a snake style draft (ex- if there there are 10 people who do this and you have the 10th pick, you'd have the first pick of the second round #11 overall.)

- Anyone from the Wrestlemania era 1985-present is in play

- Assume all guys are in their prime

- We would draft 15 guys, 5 gals, and 2 managers

- ANYONE is welcomed (main page writers, people from the column forums, people who comment, anyone!)

- Once the draft is completed I'd post it to the main page and we can let the debate begin about who had the best draft!!

INTERESTED?

Email: typeitinmaan@gmail.com
    Twitter: @LopType
    .. or message me privately on the CF.

This is not something that has to be rushed. When it is your pick, I'd simply email you with who's available, who's been drafted, and the updated draft results. So those with busy schedules can definitely partake! Hit me up, I think it'd be a lot of fun!

Yeah, I'll do it man... doesn't require a lot of work lol. Can it be anyone who wrestled between1985 to present or are they also required to have competed on a Wrestle-Mania?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Button View Post
    Yeah, I'll do it man... doesn't require a lot of work lol. Can it be anyone who wrestled between1985 to present or are they also required to have competed on a Wrestle-Mania?

I think just Mania. With 10 people drafting 20 or so wrestlers not many, if any, all time greats will be left out. Plus it cuts all the research id have to do in finding every guy or girl on every roster the last 34 years.

Can I draft Ernie Lad since he announced for 1 match on wrestle-mania 2?...yeah I'm gonna be that guy! lol
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 07-08-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Can I draft Ray Charles? He sung the National Anthem at Mania 2.

@Sir_Samuel

Yes. If you feel Ray Charles had a significant impact as a celeb. LOL.

Ernie Ladd to me was a great heel. He was a big guy who could talk and could sell...he's a fun watch...Ray Charles?.A blind manager with charisma...that could be fun...

OMG dibs on Donald Trump as my promotions number 1 heel.

@Sir_Samuel

In so far:

SirSam
    The Doc
    Type
    BenjaminButton
    Marc Asnest (a guy who emailed me back when I plugged this in my column posted today)

probably in but haven't responded yet:

Dynamite
    MizFan

FYI I am open to tweaking this so leave suggestions. Right now I'm set on 15 guys, 5 girls, 2 managers, and a celebrity. You're looking at 23 rounds but even if it takes a month or whatever it's not a huge deal. I wanted to have enough rounds where the rosters aren't too thick and everyone has a good team. Hopefully force people into tough decisions when the pool dwindles a bit. Open to adding more wrestlers if you think that's beneficial. Any suggestions appreciated.

So this means no L.A. Park? The Chairman needs to be represented!

Benjamin Button.. need your email address for the WM draft! I sent you a PM too!

LORDS OF PAIN 1ST ANNUAL WRESTLEMANIA ERA FANTASY DRAFT

1. Mark Asnes selects STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

Dynamite Billington is on the clock.......

The Brain
    Great first pick. He was one of my top choices, though not the #1 I hope to get...

I mean anyone with the first overall pick should pick Austin.

The Brain
    True, I'm more fortunate at 6th I guess....

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I've already had to revert to my plan b when Savage went third, for god's sake! Legit thought I'd have a shot with him when you consider some of the available top talent in this thing, and that it's not just WWE careers that count.

The Brain
    There's no way Savage was getting to you, Plan. I would have taken him over even over Flair if given the chance!

I guess I was putting stock in the fact there are so many top names eligible that I'd have an outside shot!

Austin, Rock, Hogan, Warrior, Andre, Taker, Michels, H, Flair, Sting, Hart, Goldberg, Cena.. There's 13 right there! But I underestimated my competitors it seems!

The Brain
    If anyone took Sting over Savage, they would deserve a slap to the face!!!

I just know I got a C for selecting Savage... LOL. Last time I did a fantasy league here, I drafted Hogan first, got all the OG 1996 nWo members, Bruno, tons of Japanese guys, El Santo, and didn't get a vote because the guy who selected Austin was more interesting. So what I've learned about LOP, workrate is everything. And I was between Savage and Flair, Flair because in this draft you could assemble the Horsemen, and Savage because I like high flying. I got plans.

your savage pick was fine. Honestly..this draft is about preference. I went back on the network and looked at some of his older stuff and he was ahead of his time for sure. I grew up on Savage but I felt like he never really was the top guy very long and his inabiity to be a top draw stops me from putting him in the top 5. However, if you snag Savage and then a Mr. Perfect in round 2 that's two pretty good workers and your plan will look good after the 2nd round.

Man the tension is so high. I have a strategy that is high risk and probably won't pay off but damn I'm on edge waiting for my turn.

This is damn fun Type

@Sir_Samuel

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by typeitinmaan View Post
    your savage pick was fine. Honestly..this draft is about preference. I went back on the network and looked at some of his older stuff and he was ahead of his time for sure. I grew up on Savage but I felt like he never really was the top guy very long and his inabiity to be a top draw stops me from putting him in the top 5. However, if you snag Savage and then a Mr. Perfect in round 2 that's two pretty good workers and your plan will look good after the 2nd round.
    In the spirit of discussion, when did Savage have a chance to draw? He drew very well in his first run on top, both before and after the turn and whether he was working with Hogan or not, to the point where it was suggested by Meltzer and others that giving the title back to Hogan at Wrestlemania V was too soon. The next time he had a chance to work on top, it was 1992 and the wrestling business was going off a cliff with the steroid/sex scandals, Vince being afraid of going to prison, and the fad of wrestling generally fading after almost a decade, but he still helped them do good business in the first part of the year. In WCW he was key in starting the turnaround in business and general quality before the nWo ever started up, particularly the Flair feud which headlined when Hogan wasn't around, and in '97 he headlined a lot of successful shows with guys like DDP.

And this is personal preference to a certain extent, but I think saying he was "ahead of his time" is underselling him. People around today dream of having the kind of aura and appeal he had, and most of his big matches hold up wonderfully.

Oh I dunno mizzie, ahead of his time is how I always describe in and I think is the perfect description for his pioneering creativity. I agree with the other points you make too of course, though I've always considered them implicit!

As a young academic I saw a colleague get a lecture from a professor about using the phrase 'ahead of his/it's time' because such a thing was a nonsense impossibility.

That's all I have to add really.... except go Savage! Guy's a legit ten across the board (except as a husband I guess).

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Hush, you.

So some of us have been chatting about the prospect of a trade window after the draft and before the voting opens. Don't know how everyone feels about it.