Things Trump Says

This will probably get political but that's not my goal. Whether you are a fan of his or not, President Donald Trump says a lot of things that make you scratch your head or laugh.

This one about Elton John in particular was hilarious:

Campaign speeches seem to be the best for soundbytes. He really goes off on freestyle riffs in those. Feel free to share other things this guy says that makes you go, "huh?".

I swear that guys a secret crackhead, that's why he's the most bizarre president ever. Only crack could explain it, either that or he injects bleach into his scrotum daily.

I wonder if we can change it to presidents instead of just Trump. It would be more "bi-partisan" and Trump is NOT the worst speaker I've heard as president. This guy is.

I'd rather it stay with Trump, but that's up to the mods. We've all made fun of George W. thousands of times.

This guy predicted his victory. Trump may go off rails but he's really a genius in manipulating the media and popular opinion, whether you like his policies or not.

Oh no doubt. I was wrong on my prediction for the first time in my life, I usually always predict the primary then general elections before the primaries. I predicted Obama/McCain in 2004 with Obama winning because I saw Bushes presidency falling. Once the general election started, everything that told me Trump was going to win started to go off. Always look for the candidate that is in charge of the story of the election. 1992 Clinton beat Bush because he made it about the people, 1996 the Republicans made the election about Bill, so Bill won, 2000, George made the election about how likeable he was, and Gore reminded people how stiff he was with that kiss, 2004 was all about George, 2008 and 2012 Obama made the election about how great the nation could be, and 2016 Trump made it about being an outsider who will shake up things. In 2020, the Dems can't make the election about Trump, because they'd lose.

given how much attention the left has given Trump like every single moment, without Trump, Democrats is running on nothing.

And if that's all they have to run on, they'll lose. History has shown, the candidate who controls the message wins the election. Reagan didn't beat Carter because he tore down Carter, he beat him because he offered a true alternative to Carter's policies and sold them. Carter was crushed in the debate because as he's trying to sell health care, he attacked Reagan, which allowed Reagan to offer "There you go again." Even Carter made the election about Reagan, and Reagan won. When Clinton beat George Bush, Clinton was offering ideas like "the kid from Hope," and he offered a Southern voice for the Democrats for the first time since LBJ. He didn't attack Bush for the recession, instead he offered ideas on how to get out of the recession and how we can move forward to the "bridge of the 21st Century."

If all the Democrats have is to attack Trump, they'll lose, and they'll lose big. Trump is exposed as a racist, sexist, and bad with money, and this was pit in the open before 2016. He still won because the election was about him, and Hillary gladly made it about him. In 2008, she lost because she let the primary be about Obama, after all, "he's likable enough." Where as Obama was offering ideas of "Hope and Change," "A more perfect union," and in the general he really didn't attack McCain at all, instead allowing McCain to hit him with "That One," and standing above it all.

I've heard Trump can hold his entire vocabulary in his little left hand and swallow his entire penis with his right, as he says "bigly" while masterbating to oranges and while pretending they are his own ass ..
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 10-09-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    If all the Democrats have is to attack Trump, they'll lose, and they'll lose big. Trump is exposed as a racist, sexist, and bad with money, and this was pit in the open before 2016. He still won because the election was about him, and Hillary gladly made it about him. In 2008, she lost because she let the primary be about Obama, after all, "he's likable enough." Where as Obama was offering ideas of "Hope and Change," "A more perfect union," and in the general he really didn't attack McCain at all, instead allowing McCain to hit him with "That One," and standing above it all.
    The worrying thing here is that I think you're spot on, LWO, and I think the Democrats don't have that answer.

They need to almost rerun the original Obama campaign, run for hope and change, run for bringing the country back together from where it is, and run against partisanship ruling the country rather then sense and logic.

I say this, because for all that I think the centrist bullshit that the UK had for a long time wasn't working, I think the UK needs exactly the same thing - it needs to be unified, not least in the aftermath of leaving the EU, and no party is actually capable of doing that right now.

I don't follow the American process much up until the primaries really start in earnest, but is there a move on the Democrat side to actually do something like this and get someone through the primaries who will make the campaign about what they can offer, rather than make it about tearing Trump down again?

Anyway, on the topic of this, Trump's just declared Kavanaugh as innocent despite him not being proven to be so. So there that is.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    This is completely untrue. Trump didn't win the election in 2016, Hilary lost. There is a big difference. The true republicans and democrats who always vote for their party are who they are, but there was a huge swing vote in this election, possibly more than any other, and people had to make a decision.

That decision was that Hilary Clinton was so unlikable, dating back to when she was first lady, and they hated so much that they voted for whomever was running against her. In this case Donald Trump. So Hilary lost the election because of who she is. if almost anyone else won the democratic candidacy and had the same exact platform, he/she would have won. The swing voters wanted something other than Hilary, and Trump was exactly that....NOT Hilary. Trump ran a great campaign, he made Hilary even more unlikable.

People in general still do not like Trump, except for the extreme right wing republicans who want nothing more than their party to stay in office, but even they think he is a fool. Case in point, when he said "My administration had accomplished more over two years than “almost any administration” in American history". The entire world laughed at him.
    Last edited by Powder; 10-09-2018 at 11:24 AM.

I do agree that Democrats need to accomplish something...being the obstinate party in a good economy will certainly cost them...Trump is a devil but we know his demons...his insenserity is on the table, but no one buys the Democrats fiegned morality....

Obama may have had a good growing economy in the end...but he didn't get the message out.... Democrats will win when they make the US believe they can make it strong; they will lose by being TMZ.

Personally I'm not a Trump voter, more of a left leaner, but the current state of the party doesn't impress me