An Introduction to... Frozen Waffle

You know, it's about time I decided to do this. I've been reading/visiting this website for nearly a decade and I FINALLY decided to sign up and share my thoughts with everyone. I've been a wrestling fan for 13+ years. Now, I did watch the Monday Night Wars with my father and once WCW went to the big wrestling farm in upstate New York, we stopped watching. I started back up around the tail end of 2005 so I missed Eddie Guerrero's entire WWE run, the Invasion, Katie Vick and all the other lovely post WCW/ECW Mr. America goodness. Now grab your remotes and fast forward ALL THE WAY TO 2018 and we're gonna talk about sex baby, we're gonna talk about you & me....

Sorry about that, sometimes my mind wanders. Anywaaaay, the reason i'm here isn't to bore you it's to let you know that the NJPW G1Climax is starting this Friday night/Saturday morning and i plan on covering it. All of it. The entire month. Kill me ... Now, I would cover Extreme Rules but there's a lot of talented writers on here who are doing that, and honestly... I'm kinda burnt out on the current product. The last 6 months or so have just but so unexciting and rather dull. We have seen a few bright spots; Seth Rollins(anything he does), 205 Live and NXT although i'm getting tired of Ciampa/Gargano and that's a discussion for a different day.

I'm not really sure how to end this, so i'll just say thanks. Thanks to you for reading this and thanks to the admin for giving me the platform to voice my love of wrestling. The next couple days i'll be posting in the NJPW section to prep for the G1, so keep your eyes peeled!

Remember to syrup your waffles and say your prayers!

Follow me on Twitter and lets chat: @FrozenWaffle

LOP Freebirds Buddy Roberts SirSam's Avatar
    Hey man, welcome to the Columns Forum. I remember the feeling of reading this for years and finally deciding to take the plunge and post, even after 60 something columns, I still get a bit of a rush whenever I put something down (and that is a pretty small number compared to some around here).

I have to say I feel your pain with the current state of the WWE main roster, it has been really quite lack luster for the most part since Royal Rumble. You mentioned a few bright spots that I've also enjoyed but a big reason a lot of us writers are not really going to in depth with current WWE events is because it has just become too frustrating.

That said I'm really looking forward to the G1, I got into NJPW this year so it is my first time watching the G1 live and while I will certainly not be able to watch everything I'm really keen to catch as much as possible. Good luck with covering it all, it seems to be quite the mass of matches. If you do I'll certainly be reading along.

Anyway, welcome to the CF, have a look around, see what you like, LOP is an great place to chat about wrestling of course but we also have a number of other threads around about too.

The Brain
    Welcome to the CF, Waffles! This isn't much of a "column" in and of itself, as I'm sure you know, but it's good to get to know you a little, and I'm really looking forward to seeing full G1 coverage! There's way too much for me to watch everything, but your coverage could be a great way to see which matches are worth cherry picking. If you decide to run it as a column series, I definitely agree with Sam that it'd be good to look around and see a bit of what others do, no need to copy anyone but just to get an idea of what constitutes a "column". If you end up just posting it in the general New Japan section, well, I look forward to reading it there too!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! It's definitely going to be a challenge to cover every show, especially since I live on the east coast and have to get up super early. But, I think it'll be a good motivator for me to actually get up and stick to it. In the next few days, i'll be posting about the G1: The history behind it, the participants and all the juicy inter-connected stories going on this year. Stay tuned!

The WHOLE G1?! My God, I'm only planning on posting the results every 2 days after each round and I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep up. And I'm British, the thing's on in the morning with the chance of a delightful brunch. Especially as you live in Florida, you're gonna be pulling hardcore European WWE fan hours. Day 1 at 4am, day 2 at 1am... I wish you the best of luck, Waffle!

Look forward to your coverage!

I've been a WWE only guy for quite some time now and I've never been more pushed to actually see what else is out there. Perhaps that time is now. Thank you for posting and welcome to the CF!

Yeah, it's really gonna suck. But, it'll force me to get up and watch em live. Now i'm not gonna do a move-for-move break down of all the matches, ill list highlights and talk about the story behind the match. Do expect a column on the history of the G1 and the participants either tonight or tomorrow morning