Thread: Wrestlemania 35

Wrestlemania 35

Before the reset we had one hell of a Wrestlemania 35 thread going, even before Wrestlemania 34 was done and dusted.

So if you can remember what you said in the first version, or want to chat about where we'll be this time next April, have at it.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I think we are getting:

Rousey vs Charlotte as the main event
    Bryan (Rumble Winner) vs the Miz for the WWE Title
    Reings vs Strowman for the Universal Title
    Ziggler vs McIntyre grudge match
    AOP vs Reunited American Alpha for the RAW Tag Titles
    Rollins vs Ambrose for the IC Title
    Asuka vs Ruby Riott for Smackdown Women's Title
    Lesnar vs Lashley II
    Sanity vs Uso’s vs New Day for Smackdown Tag Titles
    Last edited by Powder; 07-16-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Man if they really were committed to Roman just running roughshod, make him a heel authority figure and just have him win by hook or by crook til Mania and then face Daniel Bryan. The ultimate story of people's champ vs. company's champ that you could probably ever tell. With the history between Bryan/HHH anyway, there's so many layers there.

^ I've heard that idea before and, handled well, it does look like a license to print money.

My preferences for main event matches are:

- Rousey (Raw Womens Champ) v Charlotte (Rumble Winner)
    - AJ Styles (WWE Champ) v Daniel Bryan (Rumble Winner)
    - Roman Reigns (Universal Champ) v. Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose (those two have an iron man match to name the number 1 contender and draw)
    - Becky v Askua for the Smackdown womens
    - And maybe they should have the 1st women's tag belts crown here with Sasha & Bayley v Alexa & Nia

Then outside of that you've probably got to find a spot for all the part timers.

I have kind of warmed up to women's tag team titles. I think that would've absolutely helped Absolution, Riott Squad, Iconic Duo, and other teams who get called up in bulk but don't have a connection with the fans. It allows them to compete for championships while not being buried or jobbed out to the stars. As they succeed and gain traction, you move them into singles competition.
    Last edited by typeitinmaan; 07-25-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by typeitinmaan View Post
    I have kind of warmed up to women's tag team titles. I think that would've absolutely helped Absolution, Riott Squad, Iconic Duo, and other teams who get called up in bulk but don't have a connection with the fans. It allows them to compete for championships while not being buried or jobbed out to the stars. As they succeed and gain traction, you move them into singles competition.
    I still think it was either planned then ditched recently or is happening soon. The other week on Smackdown Naomi and Lana made a truce out of nowhere (which hasn't been mentioned since) and another few random alliances formed (Dana & Fox, Jax & Natalya).

However I do think there are too many titles. I personally would firstly ditch the US title. There are only a handful of Smackdown males singles guys who get regular TV time and I'm pretty sure around 7 or 8 or so guys don't need two belts to fight over- especially when it's generally the same guys who win both- you lose a World title feud you go after the US (see Nakamura), you lose a US title feud you go after the WWE (see Rusev). Rubbish. NXT was fine for years with 3 titles with probably an even bigger roster. This Paul Heyman 2002 "Smackdown Six" era that people rave about had no midcard belt and that worked fine for them (in an era with shorter matches, the Smackdown 6 doubled as the tag & midcard division, and the women's division was pillow fights between Torrie Wilson & Dawn Marie)

Thing is, if they were to introduce tag titles now Bayley and Sasha would probably win them.

My theory is that they'll go for the tag titles, have Bayley and Sasha win them. Becky wins the Smackdown one. And then somehow Charlotte gets the Raw title while those three hold those belts. Then all of the Horsewomen are champions at the same time. WWE love that kind of thing.

I just want one baller 20 minute Bayley Vs Sasha singles bout with a defined face Bayley and heel Sasha on the main roster, showing what they can do. But I don't think we'll get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Thing is, if they were to introduce tag titles now Bayley and Sasha would probably win them.

My theory is that they'll go for the tag titles, have Bayley and Sasha win them. Becky wins the Smackdown one. And then somehow Charlotte gets the Raw title while those three hold those belts. Then all of the Horsewomen are champions at the same time. WWE love that kind of thing.

I just want one baller 20 minute Bayley Vs Sasha singles bout with a defined face Bayley and heel Sasha on the main roster, showing what they can do. But I don't think we'll get that.
    A few days ago I was guessing they would announce the tag titles on Raw with the tournament final happening at Summerslam with Sasha & Bayley v Charlotte & Askua being the final.

Can't see Charlotte getting the Raw women's belt until at least Wrestlemania now. But the Sasha Bayley feud seems to rewritten on a weekly basis and why its had has no direction the idea last week might be them to go after tag belts to Sasha turning and it being a Summerslam match come Monday

Few months further on, anyone think they know how this card is going to take shape?

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    These bloody rumours of The Rock coming in to wrestle Reigns have me tearing my hair out. Now there's stuff flying around about Michaels wrestling again too?! Just when you think we're getting over that first god damn crest of the mountain that is part-timers....

'Mania 35 should be headlined by The Shield in a Triple Threat. I don't think there's any doubt about that. It just makes sense and is a match worthy of the spot. But seeing as they're all under 40 and wrestle full-time, no chance of that happening.

Anything beyond it, too, seems to be hard to predict right now.

I'm okay with The Rock wrestling. I am NOT okay with The Rock losing to Roman, but what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel 'Plan View Post

'Mania 35 should be headlined by The Shield in a Triple Threat.

Yep, this 100%

Imagine The Shield vs some form of Bullet Club - AJ, Balor.... throw in someone else of note (probably Nakamura, because, fuck history)

Rather than what I think we'll get, what I want to get:

Shield Triple Threat for the Uni title
    Becky vs Ronda, title for title
    Bryan vs Miz for the WWE Championship
    The IIconics vs LayCool because if they're not doing this at Evolution they're pissing me off

I couldn't give a toss about what happens with anyone else on the roster. Is that bad? I mean, Styles doesn't even get a bout here and I've enjoyed what he's doing even if WWE can't give him a half decent clean win while he's champion. And, I mean, one of those bouts is highly unlikely because I think Layla is completely uninterested in coming back.