Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Can't say I have. I don't know much about YA fiction at all. I should probably correct that, given that a lot of people when they get to me, it's a lot of what they've read (and what made them enjoy it in the first place). So it could be very useful for me to know some of this stuff, even if it's just to make comparisons and allusions.

Still in my political history kick at the moment, but only about 90 pages left in the last one (a huge fat thing on Lord Palmerston), after which I'll get back to some fiction. I'll be travelling for work in about two weeks so want to be in a position where I only have to take one book with me.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I just started the book. I am a middle school teacher and I like reading a lot of the YA Dystopic fiction that my students read. For some reason that particular genre, Dytopic Fiction resonates with my students and me, for that matter. The premise of the book, which is the first of a trilogy is below, taken directly from Amazon, book two was released in January, and book 3, later this year.

Two teens must learn the "art of killing" in this Printz Honor-winning book, the first in a chilling new series from Neal Shusterman, author of the New York Times best-selling Unwind Dystology series.

A world with no hunger, no disease, no war, no misery: Humanity has conquered all those things and has even conquered death. Now Scythes are the only ones who can end life - and they are commanded to do so in order to keep the size of the population under control.

Citra and Rowan are chosen to apprentice to a scythe - a role that neither wants. These teens must master the "art" of taking life, knowing that the consequence of failure could mean losing their own.

Scythe is the first novel of a thrilling new series by National Book Award-winning author Neal Shusterman in which Citra and Rowan learn that a perfect world comes only with a heavy price.

The Brain
    That does seem like a very interesting premise!

I'm about 80 pages in...very interesting.

There’s some good YA fiction that can still resonate with us adults. “On The Devil’s Court” is a book that I read as a teen, and I really want to read it again.