Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    The Brain
    I'm definitely just booking out the one card (and the build, I guess). Y'all going off the races with multi-year plans are quite intense, haha.

Will read everyone else's write up once mine's done, excited to see what people come up with!

Let your imagination be free Mizzie.

My card will probably cut a hole in the time/space continuum given that i'll be building off of storylines from decades in between.. but it should be fun!!

reminder to everyone that your cards are due Tuesday, Sept 18th at 11:59pm (ET). Also, if there is anyone you want to ADD that went undrafted you may do so, but must drop someone. That will go in reverse draft order priority. ('Plan would have first crack at Free agency if he so chooses). So as you're doing your cards and you see someone that doesn't fit your roster but a FA does, let me know and i'll reward that to you as long as someone in high waiver priority doesn't ask for the same person.
    Last edited by typeitinmaan; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:23 PM.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I can tell you now Type that I'm going to be late on submitting. Not very late. Just a day. If that DQs me then no worries, but I'll still submit something your way.

Life has been a bit mad last few days.

I might be an hour late. I'm putting the kids to bed but want to put the finishing touches on this. The card is almost done.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel 'Plan View Post
    I can tell you now Type that I'm going to be late on submitting. Not very late. Just a day. If that DQs me then no worries, but I'll still submit something your way.

Life has been a bit mad last few days.
    You wont be late! LOL. Stupid me put the wrong date. It's September 18th, at 11:59pm (EST)

and you have been one of the most active people in this.. you won't be penalized even if a day late just let me know in advance! You guys all put in 2 months doing this I'm not going to penalize someone unless I have to beg to hear from you for weeks and weeks!

YOU GUYS HAVE A WEEK TO FINISH THIS... AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S SOMEONE YOU WANT TO ADD ON FREE AGENCY.. YOU WILL HAVE TO DROP ONE TO DO SO BUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE THE HIGHER WAIVER PRIORITY (OR NO ONE WANTS THE GUY YOU WANT).. HE'S YOURS!

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

zero explanation as to why that last one was in caps! I think I was mad at myself.

BECAUSE MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN SO I WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU HEAR ME!!

Some questions for the boss man.

I can't remember, were we doing a manager draft round?

How open to negotiation is the minimum match number? I know it's meant to be book a Mania, but what if I want a Mania that looks more like a Takeover card for instance, which only ever have five matches?

Asking for a friend....

Also, here's an outside the box idea: what about talent shares with other rosters? You know, like is common practice with ROH stars appearing on WrestleKingdom, or NJPW stars appearing on ROH shows?

Hell yeah, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose main events for both of us!

Even better let's do a co-branded invasion.

SAMAMANIA
    Last edited by SirSam; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:23 AM.

People want an explanation to why I drafted my roster? Isn't it enough to just say, from 1-20, my roster is better than everyone else's and leave it at that? No... okay... where here it is.

1. Savage
    2. Jericho
    3. Eddie Guerrero
    4. Jake Roberts

My top 4 are wrestlers who have no defined role, but they are workers to the core. Each of them doesn't have to be defined by heel or face. Savage/Jericho is a built in dream match, and when booking it you can take that a number of different ways. I drafted for story telling, so I want heel jealous Savage, or babyface champion Savage? Do I want babyface Jericho, or do I want heel in a suit Jericho, or dad-bod Jericho? Same with Eddie and Jake. I didn't really think about matching Eddie and Jack together, but they are main event stars who can be shifted around to fit their opponents in the main event.

5. Iron Shiek
    6. Mark Henry

Both Sheik and Henry were drafted to add size to a smaller roster, along with Sheik being added to get heat. You do need some wrestlers who are pure heel or face, and also Sheik being a world champion makes sure that if I need him in a main event, he can work that. Henry also being a world champion can work the main event, plus he goes back to that no face or heel role. He can play both depending on the storyline. Henry can also work his ass off, and Sheik is a legit shooter who could work before his drug issues in the late-80's.

7. Cody Rhodes

The hottest wrestler today. The fact I got him this late made me want to pitch myself. I have HUGE plans for Cody on my card, and I'm ignoring all his WWW run. We are booking straight the American Nightmare Cody!

8. "Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich

Kerry was on fire in the Texas territory, and one of the biggest draws ever. A former NWA champion, he is really the first I drafted more for name and look rather than work. But make no mistakes, Kerry was so over, riots happened because of him. He could main event any card and it would be believable, especially because he did win an NWA title.

9. Ultimo Dragon

Best cruiserweignt in the history of the business. I wanted to pair him with Mysterio, but Matt made it a mission to take the luchadors at the exact round I was going to take them... LOL... so I grabbed Dragon. I wanted to pair him with a Lucha Dragon to battle.

10. Pedro Morales

At round 10, I was super happy to get Pedro. This is where I think I have the best top 10 in the draft. Pedro is 4th all time in WWE days with titles, and the only reason Vince Sr. took the title off him is because he didn't want riots at MSG. In other territories, they got happy when riots happened, but in WWWF, they were more family friendly. He's also the first ever Latino world champion, but not for his time in WWWF, but in 1965 he won the WWA world title in Los Angeles. That's important because he was so over, that in a territory with a lot of Mexicans, they put the world title on a Puerto Rican, which there is lots of heat between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans. Yet Morales was super over in LA, and then won the NY world titles. He's the first wrestler to win both world titles, though separately.

11. Genichiro Tenryu

He dominated All Japan Pro Wrestling in the late 80's, early 90's. If you know wrestling, you know Tenryu is the real deal. Also, he has lots of history with LOD, which will come up in the card. Also, Tenryu was a true main event talent, which basically puts my run of straight main event draftees at 11.

12. "Evil" Doink (Matt Borne)

Matt Borne's version of Doink might be the a top 10 original idea gimmick that would have been seen as a genius WWF idea had Borne stayed in the role. Borne was also an amazing wrestler, and as Doink had mat classics on TV against Backlund, Hart, and others. So you have a true pure worker who can win with either flying move or submission (I think Doink was better winning by submission because looked like he was torturing the jobber and enjoying it), in a true storytelling gimmick.

13. Kalisto

Honestly, I love Kalisto, and I wanted to pair him against Ultimo Dragon in a Dragon vs. Lucha Dragon match.

14. Road Warrior Hawk (Legion of Doom)
    15. Road Warrior Animal (Legion of Doom)

Really, I'd have to explain why I drafted LOD when they are available this late? The highest drawing tag team in the history of wrestling. I only struggled with them vs. Demolition, but I wanted my card to feel more territorial, and Demolition was a WWF creation, LOD were self made. I only struggled, because Demolition were better workers, but LOD could work Japanese style better, and that becomes important when I unveil my card.

16. Nikolai Volkoff

Originally I was going to pair Volkoff with Sheik to reform their tag team against LOD. But then I figured everyone would know who'd win. But I decided to still take Volkoff to team with Sheik, but instead they are going to be true heatseakers. Volkoff was a great worker, and he kept Sheiky Baby in check when they were together. How could I not draft him?

17. Kamala

Honestly, I could watch hours of Kamala squash matches. My favorite guilty pleasure wrestler ever. I love me some Kamala! He fits this whole roster like a square peg in a round hole. But he also adds something that's needed, someone unpredictable, someone who can bump like a pinball for a strong face, and someone who if need be, becomes a sympathetic face. What's not to like about Kamala?! If all else fails, I'll trade someone for Brawler and put Kamala vs. Kim Chee opening match!

18. Yoshi Tatsu

This guy is a legit shooter, MMA background, and I needed someone who could actually work and be believable to wrestle the match he's going to be in. By this point I started writing my card, and realized I needed a partner for someone, and instead of that person's actual partner because that person SUCKED inring and out, I took some liberties and wrote Tatsu in their place. Tatsu is just as believable, and a way better worker.

19. Hector Guerrero (Gobbledy Gooker)

Purely storyline. Also, if need be, Hector Guerrero was the best cruiserweights of the Guerrero family, being able to wrestler pure lucha style. Chavo and Mondo were more old school luchadors like their dad, bloody battles and such, and Eddie mixed a lot of different styles to become the greatest worker in the world (I SAID IT). Hector was the Guerrero that was truly a pure high flying modern luchador and could do many things. If I truly wanted to, I could simply add Hector to the Dragon match for a triple threat match and no one would bat an eye. Again, I started writing my storylines, and this gimmick with that person makes so much sense!

20. Lawrence Taylor

I needed an attraction. Someone to make a tag team match look even better. Sometimes you need a gimmick to complete a match, and LT is brought in for that. He adds interest. His work isn't great, but in one off spots, you have to go with it.
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:26 AM.

The Brain
    Trying to figure out whose tag partner sucked that badly!

Biggest surprise to me is the idea that Demolition was a better working team than LOD. Thinking about it, I could see it in the sense that Demo was better at give and take. I still think LOD was just plain more fun to watch though!

I don't think it was as much suck as much as they sucked as a person who was a wrestler, therefore their work sucked too.

The Brain
    I've got it narrowed down to Ted DiBiase Jr, WWE's Sin Cara, or Boriz Zhukov... Nope, still at a loss!

Some questions for the boss man.

I can't remember, were we doing a manager draft round?

How open to negotiation is the minimum match number? I know it's meant to be book a Mania, but what if I want a Mania that looks more like a Takeover card for instance, which only ever have five matches?

Asking for a friend....

Also, here's an outside the box idea: what about talent shares with other rosters? You know, like is common practice with ROH stars appearing on WrestleKingdom, or NJPW stars appearing on ROH shows?

Hey 'Plan sorry I didnt get back to you!! I just wanted to keep this simple. It's going to be hard enough getting 13 people to actually present me with Mania cards. While most are excited, some I will have to beg. I don't care if you wanna be creative with it, though! By all means! The main thing though is I want to see what everyone did with the roster they drafted and how creative they can be within the framework of the 20 guys. If you want to do just 5 matches, that is fine. If you wanna include backstage segments or have a storyline play out instead of a match that is totally cool.

So I'm writing the storyline for my main event of my card and I absolutely do not want to condense it! I hope you guys are having fun with your cards. I can't wait to read them all!

The Brain
    Here’s my Wrestlemania style write up. I used NWA Championships because, looking at the card and how I’ve booked it, it just feels like an NWA style of show, especially the main event. Enjoy!

*Mr Perfect (c) (w/Bobby Heenan) vs. 2 Cold Scorpio – Ladder Match, NWA United States Championship
    The Competitors: Everyone knows Mr Perfect, and his association with Heenan is legendary. The Perfect I’m using is the one from 1990, when he first won the Intercontinental Championship. Hopefully people know 2 Cold as well, but if not you owe it to yourself to check this man. One of the biggest high flying innovators in wrestling history, in a different time and place his star could have been much brighter than it was. I’m taking him from one of his best runs, his 1993 WCW run.

The Build Up: In an interview, it is suggested to Perfect and Heenan than Scorpio could be a valid challenger for his title. Heenan immediately dismisses the idea, stating besides having a ridiculous name, for all his fancy moves Scorpio is not the type of wrestler that can win a big title, that he’s so interested in flipping around the ring in new ways that he has no idea how to win when the chips are down, which is why during his career up to this point others have won the big titles and people have gone on to shamelessly steal the moves he innovated. Scorpio vows to prove that his style is effective as well as flashy, but Perfect takes to mocking Scorpio whenever he crosses paths with him… that is until Scorpio manages to pin him in a Heenan Family six man tag match with that same flipping offense. Perfect and Heenan become wary of Scorpio after that, but the championship committee rules Perfect must defend his title against Scorpio! Scorpio is even able to bait Perfect into promising that anything Scorp can do, he can do better (perfectly, in fact), and thus tricks him into accepting the stipulation of a ladder match!

The Match: If you can imagine combining the innovative offense of 2 Cold with the bumping of Mr Perfect, you’ll be able to grasp just how good this has the potential to be! And adding a ladder on top of everything is so much the better. Scorpio is on a mission to prove the worth of his style, so he pulls out every move in his arsenal, as Perfect struggles to keep the match more grounded and focus on his own mat based strengths, as well as using the ladder as a weapon instead of a platform to jump off of. Scorpio is overwhelming him in the end, and Perfect is laid out flat as 2 Cold hits the Tumbleweed off the top of the ladder as a punctuation mark! Scorpio is about to reach the title, when Heenan jumps in and wraps himself around Scorp’s legs, preventing him just barely from reaching! Scorpio is forced to come down and knock him away, giving Perfect time to recover and hit him with the Perfect Plex. Perfect rolls Scorp out of the ring and is able to retrieve the title to retain. The message is clear: it isn’t Scorpio’s style that cost him, but rather The Brain was the difference maker.

The Winner: Mr Perfect

Ken Patera (w/Bobby Heenan) vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri

The Competitors: Ken Patera’s legacy is a victim of bad timing, as well as his own temper. A major figure in the early 80s in both AWA and WWF, he ended up going to jail right when the WWF was exploding nationwide, and when he came back he was never quite the same. The Patera I will use is the incredibly strong, both literally and figurately, performer from 1980. In this year he was a prominent figure in the AWA version of the Heenan Family and also the year he ended Gorilla Monsoon’s career in Madison Square Garden. Yoshihiro Tajiri is generally known to modern audiences for his work the 00s in the WWE Cruiserweight division, where he performed admirably, but I will reach back further and use the meaner, more deadly Tajiri that performed in 2000 in ECW.

The Build Up: On commentary, Heenan criticizes Tajiri for being a trickster and a hypocrite for accepting the cheers of the fans, pointing out his use of illegal moves like the green mist and the Tarantula, and dismisses his kick based offense as being “not real wrestling” and no match for good old fashioned power. He brings this up in backstage promos as well, and presents Patera as an ideal physical specimen of a wrestler. Through subtitled interviews, Tajiri explains that he cannot be a giant, but he can use his mind to overcome opponents twice his size or more, and that only a fool would rely on strength alone. Heenan and Patera are enraged by this, and attempt to bully Tajiri at every opportunity. Tajiri outwits them for the most part, but on one ugly occasion he is caught by Patera, who brutally beats him. Tired of trying to dodge these attacks, Tajiri challenges Patera to a match to decide the issue between them.

The Match: The match is scheduled next, but as Tajiri enters Scorpio is still trying to get at Heenan! Perfect comes to his aid, and Patera charges out from the back to help his stable-mates. But Tajiri saw an opportunity and took it, and as soon as Patera comes through the entrance, Tajiri blasts him with green mist! Heenan and Perfect try to flee up the ramp just as Tajiri throws a blinded Patera into them, and they end up in a pile at ringside, which gives Scorpio the perfect opportunity to dive bomb them from the top rope! Perfect and Scorpio are finally sent to the back, and because of Tajiri’s strategy Patera starts the match as a major disadvantage. Tajiri runs over Patera at the start, as he is still having trouble seeing, and Tajiri is able to keep his distance and fire in with big kicks. However, a vengeful Heenan trips Tajiri up at a key moment and Patera is able to wrap his huge arms around him. Once Patera has a grip of Tajiri he won’t let go. He grounds the Japanese Buzzsaw and tries to pound the life out of him. It seems like it might be curtains for Tajiri, until Patera picks him up too close to the ropes and Tajiri is able to clamber over him and apply the Tarantula! Heenan screams that it’s an illegal move, but this only distracts the ref and allows Tajiri to apply the hold longer. When Tajiri releases Patera stumbles away in pain, then tries to rush back quickly in a rage, only for his headlong dash to be met face first with a Buzzsaw Kick! Patera goes down like a sack of rocks, and Tajiri wins! After the match Heenan tries to rush Tajiri himself, having learned nothing, and he gets a face full of mist for his trouble! Heenan screams that he’s blind long after Tajiri leaves, and a groggy Patera has to carry him to the back.

The Winner: Yoshihiro Tajiri

The Miz vs. Perry Saturn – No DQ

The Competitors: Obviously the Miz has been a favorite of mine for a long time, and since he’s had a wonderful career renassaince I’ll pluck him from some of his most recent work, say 2017. Perry Saturn is best remembered as a Radical, but his best work was earlier than that. I’ll take the Perry Saturn of 1998 WCW for my roster.

The Build Up: For the whole year preceding, The Miz has manipulated Perry Saturn into being his follower. He’s promised him opportunities, in wrestling and in Hollywood, dazzled him with the idea of great successes, but whenever it comes time to deliver, the Miz always pushes it to the future. Saturn’s friends try to help him snap out of it, but he seems quite willing to go along with the arrangement, acting very stoic and unbothered by everything. Things finally come crashing down when a “secret behind the scenes” video of the Miz’s latest TV show is posted online, showing Miz laughing at Saturn for being a chump and believing he could ever run in the same circles as Miz. Miz tries to smooth things over with Saturn, but despite his pleas and excuses, in the end he receives only a kick to the face! Saturn reveals he never cared about getting into Hollywood or free opportunities in wrestling, but he was willing to work with someone who recognized his value and didn’t mind his strangeness. But the fact that the Miz laughed at him, mocked him beind his back, and valued him as nothing more than a disposable tool… that’s what’s unforgivable! Miz angrily tries to cast Saturn aside and leave the feud behind, but Saturn continues to show up wherever he goes. Except instead of helping him, now it’s to attack him! After Saturn attacks him on the set of his show, Miz declares this must end and challenges Saturn to a fight. Saturn says Miz is finally truly recognizing him, and says he will only accept if there are no holds barred! Miz cannot abide these attacks to continue, so he agrees.

The Match: Saturn uses his knowledge of hardcore wrestling, honed in ECW and the Attitude Era, to put Miz through the ringer, but Miz shows that surprising toughness that comes out when the chips are down and keeps fighting and searching for a way to gain an advantage. When Saturn takes one chance too many by leaping up to the top rope, Miz capitalizes and throws him off, sending him crashing through the announce table! From here Miz is able to run over Saturn, using relentless cheap tactics to keep Saturn smothered and stopping him from gaining the advantage again. Eventually Saturn does come back and very nearly defeats Miz, even driving him through a table, but Miz kicks out at the last millisecond. Only by heaving a chair directly into Saturn’s nuts and rolling him up with a handful of tights is bloodied Miz able to crawl away with a victory. As Miz retreats up the ramp, he doesn’t look like a winner, and it seems he finally recognizes Saturn and, though he’d never admit it, even respects him.

The Winner: The Miz

Heath Slater & Buddy Rose (c) vs. Rhyno & Ron Garvin – Steel Cage Match, NWA Tag Team Championships

The Competitors: I’ve had a soft spot for Heath Slater since ’12 when he was doing that great gimmick of being beaten up by legends, so that’s the version I’ll pick here. Buddy Rose is a name not know as much today, but in the 70s and early 80s he was a hugely successful heel in the territory system, particularly known for his work on the west coast and a great bumping coward type character in his own right. I’ll take the ’80 version of him here. Rhyno is a hard hitting sawed off monster, particularly in the year I’m taking him room, ’01. Ron Garvin is a tough as nails former NWA Champion, and while his reign with that belt may have been a bit transitional, he’s still a pleasure to watch in the ring and should complement the gritty style of Rhyno perfectly well. I’ll take him from ’89, around the time he and Greg Valentine were trying to stiff the life out of each other around the country.

The Build Up: Rose & Slater are Honky Tonk style champions, except they’re also actually good wrestlers, but they fit the mold insofar as they have consistently retained their titles by cowardly means. Rhyno and Garvin bonded over their disgust for these tactics, and decided to pursue the titles together. Rose & Slater were only too happy to take the match… provided they were able to get out of a true ending by way of countout or disqualification, which they did many times. After trying their tricks one too many times, the Championship Committee reveals since they haven’t had a true win in months(!), they will be tasked to defend the titles in a cage!

The Match: Rose & Slater cut a bravado filled promo before the match, but as soon as Rhyno and Garvin storm the ring, they try to escape immediately! Both are dragged back in, and it’s open season on these two big mouth cowards! Rhyno and Garvin run through some big offense and seemingly make short work of these two, and both men move to leave the cage. However, Slater and Rose both grab onto Rhyno at the last moment, leaving Garvin on the outside and Rhyno on the inside! Since both men have to escape to get the victory, it turns into a handicap match, and though Rhyno is tough he ends up catching a rough beating from the champions, as Garvin watches helpless from the floor. Finally satisfied, Rose and Slater try for themselves to leave the cage at the same time, but when Rose escapes, Slater lingers an extra moment to taunt Rhyno! And BAM! A Gore! Slater is broken in half! Slater crawls pathetically but he’s got no chance, Rhyno escapes and we have new tag team champions!

The Winner: Rhyno & Ron Garvin

JBL vs. PCO – Falls Count Anywhere

The Competitors: I’ve always been partial to JBL, not just as a promo and a character, but I think he’s underrated as a hard hitting brawler who also knows when to play the fool or the chicken. I’ll take the freshly emerged JBL of ’04 for this match. On the other side is Pierre Carl Oullett, Jean Pierre Lafitte, or, as he is best known in 2018, the fearsome PCO. I will, in fact, take the resurrected version of this man who is currently running around in 2018, and if you haven’t seen any of the absolutely mental videos of the stuff he’s been up to this year, you are missing out!

The Build Up: JBL and PCO are set to face off randomly on TV in an exhibition match, but JBL is disgusted, gets on the mic, and says he doesn’t wrestle failures. He says PCO’s entire career was a dud and the only reason anyone cares about him now is because they feel sorry for him and don’t want to tell him he’s making a fool of himself, and it doesn’t matter how many crazy videos he puts out, because he’s just too old and he’ll always just be the one eyed loser that Bret Hart had to drag to his only good match ever. JBL leaves the ring and PCO seems crushed for a moment… until he gets a maniacal smile on his face, and dives out onto JBL! The match never starts because JBL flees backstage, but PCO follows him there! Over the weeks building up to the show JBL tries to run, tries to hide, but everytime PCO finds him busting down doors, knocking people aside. JBL even tries to drive away in his limo, but PCO jumps on top of it as it drives away! PCO punches through the sun roof and is still trying to take JBL apart as the limo drives out into the night! JBL is mentally a ragged mess after being pursued by this inhuman being, but since they won’t stop fighting and can’t be contained by the ring, they are booked for a Falls Count Anywhere match.

The Match: JBL is so off the deep end, he tries to start the match by running over PCO in his limo! PCO avoids the impact though, and then climbs on the hood of the car and kicks out the windshield! He drags out JBL and the match begins properly. JBL is finally forced to buckle down and fight for his life, and he throws everything he’s got at PCO, brawling all over the arena. But PCO out-crazies him at every opportunity, taking wild chances, jumping from unexpected places, and it’s all JBL can do to keep his head above water. They finally end up back by the limo at the entrance. JBL tries to powerbomb PCO through the roof, but PCO throws him down to the floor, and moonsaults off the roof to the ground below! That’s all JBL can take, and PCO is the victor.

The Winner: PCO

Bobby Heenan & Meng vs. Finlay & Santino Marella

The Competitors: Fans of the Life & Times of Bobby Heenan series will know that the Brain is an extremely capable in ring competitor, especially when it comes to strong psychology and sheer bumping, which persisted until the end of the 80s when his age and wear and tear caught up with him. I’ll take the Heenan of ’84, though you really can hardly go wrong with anything before ’89. For Haku, I’ll take the monster that appeared in WCW in ’94 along with the Meng name. Like many, WCW never fully capitalized on the talent this man had, but if you need proof check out his climactic attack on Dusty Rhodes that year. Heenan long used Haku/Meng as a henchmen, and their chemistry should be well known. On the other side, I’ll take the gruff but perhaps lovable Finlay of ’08, though there are no shortage of great years one could pick for him. For Santino I’ll take the version of him from ’12, when he made an arena full of people believe for a hot second that he might actually beat Daniel Bryan in the Elimination Chamber. Santino may be best remembered for his comedy, but he was also a very lovable underdog when he needed to be, and he excelled in both roles. The Santino/Finlay team is, to me, the seriously upgraded version of the Santino & Vladimir Kozlov team that was popular for awhile. You get all the straight man value with Finlay, but also he’s an awesome wrestler!

The Build Up: For months, whenever Heenan saw Santino on commentary, he would rip into him, mock him, make him out to be a joke that nobody could possibly take seriously or care about. He calls him an embarrassment to wrestling, and worse. Santino eventually responds to this and tries to make a joke of it, but when Heenan sees that he’s taking it in stride, he gets the Family to start bullying him mercilessly, intimidating him, beating him in matches, even getting physical with him backstage. Santino turns to the locker room veteran Finlay for help, but Finlay dislikes Santino and doesn’t want to get involved, even though he agrees that the Family is going too far. Santino tries many times to persuade him, but with no success. Heenan eventually lures Santino into a trap by offering him a shot Ric Flair for the world championship. What Santino didn’t realize is that the match is a Lumberjack Match with only Family members outside the ring. The Family brutalizes Santino, and it becomes clear Flair isn’t trying to win but is trying to break Santino’s leg. Eventually Finlay can’t take it anymore, having begrudgingly grown fond of Santino, and he rushes the ring, punching Heenan in the mouth and going at it with the whole Family singlehandedly! After his initial flurry he is overwhelmed, but then the babyface locker room empties and the match becomes a huge brawl on the outside! Thanks to this distraction, Santino comes within an inch of beating Flair, who finally does put Santino away but just barely. After everything has died down, a smarting Heenan swears revenge on both men. He signs an open contract for any two Family members to face Finlay and Santino at the big event… not realizing that everyone but Meng and himself were already booked for the show! By his own contract, he is forced to participate in the match himself!

The Match: Heenan and Meng enter first, Heenan still stained green, and now with a walking stick and dark sunglasses! Meng helps him to the ring and gives a microphone to the Brain. Heenan says he has spoken to his own personal doctor in Beverly Hills over the phone, and he confirmed that he is no longer fit to wrestle, therefore the match must be called off. He plays up his state as being pathetic and promises to sue Tajiri for permanently disabling him. However, when the referee isn’t looking, Heenan keeps lifting the glasses and winking smugly at the booing crowd! Just when it seems Heenan may get his way, the referee catches him in the act! The referee declares if Heenan does not participate in the match, he will be suspended from the company! Heenan throws a fit and breaks the glasses, no longer making a pretense that he can’t see. Santino and Finlay hit the ring, and the fight is on! Heenan bails immediately and lets Meng weather the storm, which he does admirably in his own monstrous way as one of the toughest men in wrestling history. Finlay is also in that conversation, however, and they proceed to pound the living daylights out of each other! Meng is able to take control when Santino is tagged in, despite Santino’s best efforts, and Meng dominates him for awhile. At this point Heenan is willing to tag in, and he gets a bunch of shots in at Santino as well, all while taunting Finlay on the apron. Heenan lets Santino slip through his fingers though, and he makes the hot tag! Meng runs in without a tag to save his manager, but Finlay clobbers him, and with Santino’s help they fight him out to the floor and suplex him over the railing and onto the concrete! Heenan is left alone in the ring, and Finlay holds him while Santino balsts him with the Cobra to get the pinfall over the Brain!

The Winner: Finlay & Santino Marella

Cesaro vs. Andre the Giant
    -Andre has recently had his big heel turn, driven because Cesaro tried to lift him in a babyface match, and Andre, through Heenan, castigates Cesaro for trying to exist in the land of the giants, and tries to bully him out of wrestling. Cesaro will slam Andre but still lose the match.
    The Competitors: Cesaro is a guy it’s hard to go wrong with, even from his indy days he’s been consistently fantastic. I’ll go with the version from ’14, when he was getting quite hot with the WWE (before an ice bucket was poured over him, of course). As for Andre, I’ll take him from ’81, when he was at his peak combination of great mobility and ridiculously imposing size.

The Build Up: For many years Andre the Giant has been a beloved babyface, most recently teaming with Cesaro as “The Swiss Alps”. They were highly successful tag team champions together, with the finisher of Claudio lifting up Andre and slamming him down onto opponents! Needless to say, nobody gets up for that. However, Heenan gets into Andre’s ear and suggests to him that Cesaro is taking advantage of him and holding him back from his true potential. He wonders how Andre can stomach the humiliation of being reduced to being thrown around by another man willingly. Cesaro tells him the formula works and points to their past success together, but Andre is unsure. In a tag title defense against Rose & Slater, Cesaro and Andre are out of sync and tripping over each other. They seem to get back on track and Cesaro goes for their finisher, but Andre refuses to let himself be lifted! Cesaro strains, but Andre sand bags him. Cesaro and Andre get into a shoving match and Cesaro is thrown backwards, into a roll up that costs them their titles! Andre accuses Cesaro of abusing him and using him as a crutch, and after attacking Cesaro after the match aligns with Heenan officially. Heenan berates Cesaro for being a wannabe in the land of giants, and proclaims he could never manhandle Andre if he wasn’t allowing it, generally belittling his feats of strength. The match is made to settle the score between them!

The Match: Andre expects to go the ring with Heenan, but he’s been so abused up to this point in the show that he cuts an impassioned promo to Andre about seizing all his frustration, all the times he was passed over or treated like a freak or taken advantage of, and funnel it into destroying Cesaro! He doesn’t need Heenan to destroy this so-called man. Andre comes out ready to rip Cesaro apart, but Cesaro is fired up as well! He throws everything he’s got at Andre, rocking him many times, but he can’t quite take him down. He goes for a slam but can’t quite get it, and Andre gains the advantage and bears down on the smaller man, trying to crush him in any way he can think of. Cesaro is able to call on his superhuman strength and throw Andre back, and Andre ends up tied up in the ropes! Cesaro unleashes a devastating barrage of uppercuts, then when Andre gets free, he does indeed get the slam!! But it’s not enough for Cesaro, he has a point to prove. He picks up Andre and tries to military press him!!! It seems like he might actually do it, but Andre claps a hand around his throat and chokes him until the strength goes out of him. Andre is able to throw him down and finally overwhelms him for the victory.

The Winner: Andre the Giant

Ric Flair (w/Bobby Heenan) (c) vs. Goldberg – NWA Championship

The Competitors: Flair is another guy with a wealth of great years, but I’ll the the Flair of ’89 since it’s well known what amazing work he did through that period. As for Goldberg, is there any doubt? I’ll take the man from ’98, with all his incredible, record busting popularity intact!

The Build Up: For a whole year, Goldberg has pursued Flair, only to be stopped or delayed at every turn. Flair’s alliance with Bobby Heenan has proved essential in this regard, as Heenan was able to throw Family member after Family member into his path. After finally plowing through Patera, Meng, and Perfect, Goldberg was finally positioned for a world championship opportunity that couldn’t be denied. Flair bragged that Goldberg doesn’t have the experience, doesn’t have the ability, he’s never been to the top and he doesn’t know how to get there! It’s one thing to beat world class athletes like the Family members, but it’s another thing to be THE MAN, and it’s simply never going to happen. He promises to wrestle circles around Goldberg and negate all his power and intensity with ease. Goldberg has little to say, but simply continues knocking down ever obstacle in his path! In the end even Flair is nervous, and the Family attempts a parking lot attack on Goldberg the week leading up to the show. Goldberg puts up as strong a fight as he possibly can, but at Flair’s direction the newly recruited Andre slams his leg in a car door, making his health into a question mark for the biggest show of the year.

The Match: Heenan tries to beg off Flair, but Flair tells him to suck it up, and Heenan agrees to come to ringside, battered and in pain though he may be. Goldberg comes out bandaged, but at first he seems to be doing just fine, blasting Flair with big offense. Flair bumps and begs like the true champion he is, but Goldberg leaves a gap in his defense as predicted, and a huge chop block crumples his injured leg. Flair goes to work on him, and it seems like no matter how strong or tough Goldberg is he can’t win, as he can hardly walk. But you can’t count out Goldberg! As Flair tries to put him in the Figure Four to finish him off, Goldberg kicks him off with all his might! This sends Flair crashing into the referee, flooring him and leaving the field open. Flair gets back up, but Goldberg pushes off his good leg and spears him to the mat! Heenan pulls himself together and comes in to kick at Goldberg, but Goldberg hardly feels it, and Heenan falls back, begging and pleading. Heenan calls to the back, and Andre comes down to the ring! But, as he steps in, Goldberg once again pushes off his good leg and spears him! But Andre doesn’t go down!! Goldberg spears him again, and Andre falls out of the ring but still doesn’t leave his feet! He looks to get back into the fray, but Cesaro runs down and attacks him, and their brawl takes them away from the action. Heenan batters futilely on Goldberg, and receives a big punch for his trouble which sends him flying right out of the ring! The referee finally recovers as Flair goes for a low blow, but Goldberg blocks it! Flair goes for the chops, but there’s no effect! Flair runs at him, and Goldberg picks him up and slams him to the mat! He can still barely stand, but he lunges for one last spear and hits it! One one leg, he picks up Flair for the Jackhammer, and finally becomes world champion!! Heenan breaks down crying at ringside. What a night.

The Winner: Goldberg

After the Show: Goldberg moves the world title into a feud with Andre, whom he pushed back but couldn’t knock over. The Perfect/Scorpio fued continues. Heena aligns Meng and Patera to pursue Garvin and Rhyno for the tag titles, leading to a hard hitting feud. Flair targets Cesaro for a time for sticking his nose into his business. Heenan does a series of Weasel Suit matches with Santino, playing off the Cobra/Weasel thing for comedic effect. Other feuds develop in time, and life goes on!

That’s all I got! Hope everyone enjoyed it!
    Last edited by mizfan; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:18 AM.

Wait...are we posting them here, or sending them to Type?!

Blimey mizzie! I wasn't going to go into so much detail but now I feel compelled to! Cracking job, mate. Halfway through and I think it's great stuff. I love the JBL/PCO concept and the notion of Miz being attacked on-set at his newest TV show; why have WWE not done a segment like that yet?! The character depth to Saturn is quite something as well, I like that nuance.

Unfortunately, however, you lost fifty wrestle-geek points for starting off with a bloody ladder match.....

I will copy your format though!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... send your cards to me PRIVATELY. I want everyone to be reading them all for the first time.

don't post them here
    Email: typeitinmaan@gmail.com OR DM me on twitter!!

Agh yeah, I ain’t gonna have the time to do what Miz did at all lol. I’ll be pushing it as it is just to send off the card in due time.

** UPDATES **

- I'm extending the deadline to Wednesday, Sept 19th @ 11:59pm (ET)
    - I have decided to make a column with everyone's cards. I was originally against it because I figured it'd be too much reading for people and they wouldn't give the kind of feedback that these so desperately deserve. Doc and 'Plan talked me into it and since they both have a good pulse for what does and does not work, we'll go ahead and do it
    - Putting it into a column will probably take some time. But i'll have it posted before September is over. I just accepted a new job at my company as head manager and I'll be in charge of like 25 people, which is hilarious to think about because I spend my free time writing columns where I attempt to rap about Becky Lynch.

That's it. Good luck, guys. Email your 'Mania cards anytime and if you want to make changes lemme know!!

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    Congratulations on the new job!!
    The newest instalment of FACT or FICTION is here!
    PM me to get involved.
    Ever considered Lesnar vs Rousey? Check out my latest column

The Brain
    My bad sending it here, thought I was just following Plan's lead! Feel free to copy/paste Type, unless you want me to send you a fresh copy for any reason.

Modern PCO is such an interesting mix of crazy old man trying to redeem his failed legacy and actual inhuman terminator, I figured sending him after a hard hitting yet cowardly bully like JBL would fit right in, and I think it came out just about as well as I hoped it would. Appreciate the kind words on Saturn/Miz, I was particularly proud of that. I agree, driving a feud with Miz on the set of another show feels like a new brainer! And Saturn, at his best, is such a strange yet endearing guy, I think that was rarely tapped into in his career but you saw it in 97-98 at least.

And like I said on twitter, I could have always gone full NWA and replaced the ladder with a scaffold!

Really digging the write up of both Plan and Sam, which I've just now read in full (I thought they were doing their Mania cards before, which is why I posted mine here!). Especially like the One Percent stable of Plan, and his careful attention to both the size of his roster and to what they can offer backstage as well as onscreen. For Sam I dig the chaotic, manipulative feel of the roster, so many loose cannon and monster types that I think you can cultivate an "anything can happen" atmosphere at a level not seen before in wrestling. I'm not sure how I feel about that Chaos Rules match, but maybe as a once a year thing it'd be spot on? Looking forward to reading more from everyone!
    Last edited by mizfan; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:10 PM.

Mizfan, thank you for doing the long analysis of everyone's team!! Update, I need people's mania cards this week.. willing to extend it as long as I know you're working on it I am working on my main event storyline.

FYI... to those that turned down doing another draft.. would you be interested if let's say I did this around Jan or Feb of 2019? If you look at the premise, i think you could have a lot of fun with it.

I just have one question in this card, does everyone need to have a match, or is it good enough to be in the match?

Also, thank you so much mizfan for that. Lots of great insight here!

The Brain
    Pushing the next one down the line a bit would probably help my interest rebuild, though of course it'll depend on how busy things have gotten then!

I'm up for the next draft whenever it happens.

Sounds like you've got a lot on in the real world though, get yourself settled in to the new job first
    PM me to get involved.

Are most of you still on board with these Wrestlemania cards being a 3-part column? Some of them are so long I think that's the route we're going!

However it works
    PM me to get involved.

Im getting mine in today. I must have rewrote the main event like 3 times, and itís not short!