Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Latta II View Post
    i cant believe you swooped down on dragon...he was my next pick lol
    When Matt took Rey, I was waiting on that pick. I would have grabbed him earlier, but I was waiting for everyone to start on midcard wrestlers.

It just doesn’t feel right you swooping in on others. So much better when it happens to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It just doesn’t feel right you swooping in on others. So much better when it happens to you.
    I mean I got heat for not trading my favorite wrestler. lol... Imagine if I took HBK first... Hehehe

C'mon now, I'm right up there for biggest HBK fan on any LOP forums. Just cause my twitter name doesn't reflect it! LOL! I'm the one who killed him off in a "what if " column (damn board re-set, that was one of my favorite pieces I ever wrote!) I've followed his career pretty much forever and the fact that he's a born again Christian like yours truly only adds to the many reasons to love him!

I was heartbroken he didn't slip to pick 9.. though I shouldn't have been all that surprised he went top 7.
    Last edited by typeitinmaan; 07-31-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by typeitinmaan View Post
    C'mon now, I'm right up there for biggest HBK fan on any LOP forums. Just cause my twitter name doesn't reflect it! LOL! I'm the one who killed him off in a "what if " column (damn board re-set, that was one of my favorite pieces I ever wrote!) I've followed his career pretty much forever and the fact that he's a born again Christian like yours truly only adds to the many reasons to love him!

I was heartbroken he didn't slip to pick 9.. though I shouldn't have been all that surprised he went top 7.
    No doubt, by Matt is hating I wouldn't trade him Eddie... lol... It'd be like me asking him to trade Shawn. Ain't happening.

Interesting to see how people's midcard are shaping up to either complement or contrast the main event scene.

I have to say one that stood out was Mark's which has a lot more big boppers than a traditional midcard that most of us have gone for. I guess that is plenty of guys for Austin to stun.

My one with Sabu, Neville and Mustafa has ended up a lot more high flying that I had anticipated although Neville and Ali can certainly knuckle down against the more technical guys Greg Valentine and Ken Shamrock. I am starting to wonder who else I pick for the next 10 who will really make up the extras and bottom of the card but will still be really well known characters.

With Chris Benoit taken, I'm shocked Jimmy Snuka is still on the board. I was going to take him really, but felt the evidence against him was too strong. But if Benoit is taken, then it's surprising that Snuka isn't, especially because he was a bigger draw at his best than Benoit.

I dont think i'd have any reservations about taking Jimmy Snuka on the merits of wrestling. This isn't a character draft and if it was, Snuka and Benoit would not go very high.

These middle rounds should be interesting. A lot of people want the true mid card work horses and some people (like me and Doc I think especially) want to keep stockpiling best available. If i'm sitting there and it's round 12 and I have to choose between Big John Studd and Tyson Kidd, it's a no brainer for me but for other people I'm sure it's a no brainer the other way. All about roster fit. Is there a right or wrong answer? probably not.

I do think then you should contrast Snuka's fall with Benoit still getting picked. Since Benoit was a better worker, is that more forgiving than Snuka who was a huge draw and special attraction? Benoit never drew like Snuka, but Snuka never had a great match with jumping off a cage. I think it would be a good story to focus on.

The Brain
    I know I'm the minority but I would never draft Snuka based on his wrestling. On his drawing power, sure, but besides jumping from a few high places I've rarely seen him do much in the ring that I thought was interesting. I'd take JYD or a Big John Studd for their ring work before Snuka.

Here are some topics I'm going to cover for sure in the main page post after round 10:

- Doc's explanation of why he took Hogan and anyone else's opinion of why you think he fell

- Latta explaining why he took Benoit but wouldn't touch Hogan (I think people are gonna wanna know that and I know he'll do a good job explaining it)

- If Snuka isn't picked, why people are passing and how that compares to Benoit being chosen (thank you LWO4LIFE for that one)

- I'm gonna ask everyone to give me their "sleeper" pick

- Everyone will get to state their case on why they drafted the team they did and why their team is the best

Open to other suggestions. Hoping or a solid, easy read without throwing too much at the MP audience. Everything I want to cover should be thought provoking and make people want to jump to the comments section. Any other ideas are welcomed!!! Please post them here. I'm sure I'll hit you all up for your takes on things too!

The other option is to do a round by round discussion so the reader isn't having to sift through seeing 10 rounds of results and then reading all our comments.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    No doubt, by Matt is hating I wouldn't trade him Eddie... lol... It'd be like me asking him to trade Shawn. Ain't happening.
    No hate at all... And I have no idea what you’re talking about. Shawn is tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No hate at all... And I have no idea what you’re talking about. Shawn is tradeable.
    Sweet, Matt is online, so this draft is going to fly by.

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    Hoooooo!!!!
    The newest instalment of FACT or FICTION is here!
    PM me to get involved.
    Ever considered Lesnar vs Rousey? Check out my latest column

So for the record... I just had the STEAL OF THE DRAFT!!!

Don't know if I'd go so far as to say that, but definitely a good one. Considering how many quality guys are left, it kind of makes you realise how much talent there's been over the years.
    PM me to get involved.

** ATTENTION **

I am starting the process of the main page post. PLEASE send me anything you think is worth talking about. I'll be getting ahold of you all individually re: some of the topics I'd like to discuss. This is your post as much as it is mine so feel free to send me anything.

Matt, I will pony up to get HBK on my roster. Lets talk. Anyone outside of Bret Hart (and draft swaps) are on the table!

Quote Originally Posted by typeitinmaan View Post
    ** ATTENTION **

I am starting the process of the main page post. PLEASE send me anything you think is worth talking about. I'll be getting ahold of you all individually re: some of the topics I'd like to discuss. This is your post as much as it is mine so feel free to send me anything.
    Let me know what you'd like, and if we just respond to the post or will it me PM. I'm game.

Here's what I have so far in the way of discussion on this fantasy draft..

- Hogan falls to #22: how did it happen?

- Bigger surprise: Snuka undrafted after 10 rounds OR Benoit going in round 4?

- Type asks Latta: Why draft Benoit but say Hogan is off limits?

Who is someone you drafted that you felt fell too far?

You are welcome to answer those questions in any of the following formats...
    on here in the discussion thread
    in a DM on twitter
    in my email (typeitinmaan@gmail.com)
    In a private message on the lordsofpain.tv forums

#EmbraceDebate.

And send ANY suggestions for hot button topics we can discuss to any platform I'm on as well!! Thanks guys!!

The Brain
    Call me nuts, but did Lance Storm actually wrestle at Wrestlemania?

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Call me nuts, but did Lance Storm actually wrestle at Wrestlemania?
    Wrestlemania X8, pre-show. Which if you look, many pre-show acts are on the list. So I guess it counts.

He was on the list so didn't question it!
    He was good in WWE, but possibly better elsewhere. Solid mid card workhorse even if he didn't do much at WrestleMania
    PM me to get involved.

We are getting to the point where I'm going over the lower part of the list trying to see if I could find some gems. I noticed that Pat Tanaka is there and his partner Sato. I got excited because Paul Diamond teamed with Tanaka in WWF under a mask, and in AWA they were a great tag team, in fact the only tag team to win PWI rookie of the year in 1990. So I thought Sato was Paul Diamond under a mask, turns out I was wrong. Paul Diamond went by the name of Kato under the mask, Tanaka teamed with Akio Sato, who never really had a great career because he could never get past doing a Japanese stereotype in the US. Sato never wrestled at Wrestlemania, and neither did Paul Diamond. So really, Pat Tanaka is there to take, but their is no one else there to justify getting him.

The Brain
    Ah very sneaky to count Heat as a pre-show! Just kidding, all good.

Tenryu is pretty obviously the steal of the draft, in terms of a HUGE legend who stayed on the board for ages. I thought a lot about taking him but I don't know if he'll get votes from this voting pool or not, so he's a risk in that sense, but still, huge name.

A risk they I was willing to take. I mean either Tenryu, or Jimmy Snuka who I swore I wouldn't take. I also considered a few other but I wouldn't name before they are still on the board.

Question:
    Haku has been picked, but King Tonga is still listed on the available list. Weren't they the same person?
    PM me to get involved.

@Dyno- yea, thanks for catching that. I tried to catch all the duplicates I could but when you're inputting over 300 names, one can slip.

That's understandable - I wasn't 100% sure though, detailed memories of that era are pretty hazy. Not just wrestling, life memories too!
    PM me to get involved.

One name I wish I could get would be Terry Gordy.

I love some of these rosters (including ^ yours, LWO). I could totally see myself watching some of the shows.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Mr. Pathological, can be another one of your nicknames.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel 'Plan View Post
    Mine's the best, right?
    After mine perhaps. You don't have the joint winners of the Slammy for Best Etiquette 1994.
    PM me to get involved.

Round 13....

Pick 158a: Gregory Helms
    Pick 158b: The Hurricane

One pick, two characters filling different slots on the roster. One a solid mid-card workhorse, the other a superhero ready to face all the beasts on my roster. I'll let you figure out which is which.

Two for the price of one makes him a bargain in my book.

Edit: Also just noticed this - "Mabel ("King Mabel, Men on A Mission, Mideon)". Think that should be Viscera/Big Daddy V, not Mideon
    Last edited by DynamiteBillington; 08-13-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    PM me to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel 'Plan View Post
    Mine's the best, right?
    Your's has kind of an old territory kinda vibe, in as much as I don't see the kind of starpower that are in some of the others... but at the same time it's packed with good workers and if you 'box clever' with them you could put them into enough different combinations to keep them busy.

Basically it's a case of getting those combinations right, and you could have something that'd be quite well acclaimed.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    I love some of these rosters (including ^ yours, LWO). I could totally see myself watching some of the shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteBillington View Post
    Round 13....

Pick 158a: Gregory Helms
    Pick 158b: The Hurricane

One pick, two characters filling different slots on the roster. One a solid mid-card workhorse, the other a superhero ready to face all the beasts on my roster. I'll let you figure out which is which.

Two for the price of one makes him a bargain in my book.

Edit: Also just noticed this - "Mabel ("King Mabel, Men on A Mission, Mideon)". Think that should be Viscera/Big Daddy V, not Mideon
    LOL... thank you. I did end up with Kalisto, which for some reason I feel like if anyone else drafted it would be seen as a great pick, but if I did it would be seen with an eye roll... maybe I'm over thinking it... LOL.

The more I think about it, like the Helms/Hurricane pick, wrestlers like that are the best pick ups. I got Matt Borne, who did wrestling Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 1, and wrestled Crush as Doink in Wrestlemania 9. The fact that I can get Matt Borne and have him seperate from the WHOLE rest of Doinks history (as played by Ray Apollo) to me makes a pick like that better. It's like the faces of Foley, you don't get one pick, you get 4!

Side note, I found this just before I drafted Doink, and it really convinced me to take him... LOL... that time when X-Pac was still greener than grass on the mic and Matt Borne was on top of his game!

*** HEY GUYS ****

I just want to thank you for all being a part of this. I really appreciate it. Secondly, I have the vision already for a sequel and I think you guys will like it even more.

Type's WRESTLEMANIA SUPEREME fantasy draft

- Anyone who appeared at Wrestlemania is ELIGIBLE
    - 25 rounds and you can build your roster ANY WAY YOU WANT.

You want a bunch of tag teams? DO IT!
    You want a roster full of managers and just singles guys? DO IT.
    You want a roster filled with celebrities like Vannah White, Cyndi Lauper, and Mike Tyson sprinkled in with some of the bigger wrestling names? DO IT.

Couple of rules...
    - True tag teams (those that never really had an identity outside of each other) can be drafted as 1 pick. (ie- Legion of Doom, Buswhackers, Usos would fit the bill here as a tag team you can draft as one pick and a team like Tyler Breeze and Fandango would be guys who would go as singles)

- Same as last the first one, time anyone who appeared in at least 1 Wrestlemania can be judged on entire career merits.

Imagine having a roster of Bobby Heenan, Mike Tyson, Hulk Hogan, Lita, Charlotte Flair. This new format would allow people with specific strategies to GO CRAZY.

If it was up to me, I'd honestly start tomorrow but I know you all are burnt out.

Question is... .WHOS IN?!

#TypesWrestlemaniaSupremeDraft

The Brain
    I'm down, but not for a while, haha...

Also, Festus was Luke Gallows, not Karl Anderson!