LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar

Fact or Fiction: The Forum Series - Part 4 added

Time for the next edition of the Forum Fact or Fiction column. Some interesting topics to get our teeth into, so much so that Iím going to see how this works as a series, posting one topic on an approximate weekly basis dependent partly on my commitments elsewhere and partly on my remembering to actually do it.

If this is going to work as a series, I'm going to need a constant flow of contributors and topics. Any time you think of something you'd like to see discussed, PM it to me and I'll include both it and you in the next round of discussion. I've got 5 topics to get this going, so I figure that gives us 5 weeks to get topics, volunteers and responses for the next batch.

Hereís the team for the next few topics:

DynamiteBillington: Nominated as the Forum equivalent of Xavier Woods. Iíd like to think that meant Iíd done a ďpersonalĒ video with Paige, but unfortunately thatís only been my imagination so far. Maybe one day sheíll reach Sunny levels of depravity so I can afford her?

FrozenWaffle: LOPís Juice Robinson apparently. Being British, using the words Juice & Robinson together brings thoughts of fruit cordial to my mind, but having googled it I think it was meant to be the former CJ Parker.

Rob S: Fulfilling the role of mid card superstar, we have LOPís Kofi. Always entertaining and a master of avoiding elimination, the veteran columnist is approaching retirement. Hopefully this makes him become LOPís Terry Funk.

KingZak: Straight out of LOPís trailer park, the man with the finest double-wide in the whole of the forums. Our own Heath Slater, bringing with him LOPís version of Heathís kids: The Dog. In the words of SirSam, you donít know they exist but they are stars unto themselves.

Most of the topics have come from the team, however Iím starting with one that came from the comments of the last Main Page Fact or Fiction column. I was going to name & shame the guy who suggested it, but the main page doesnít seem to keep comments indefinitely and itís lost forever. I have no idea who he was or if heíll ever see this, but here goes anywayÖ

Charlotte Flair will one day challenge for the WWE or Universal heavyweight title.

DynamiteBillington: This is FICTION. Total and utter FICTION. Thereís no chance in hell of this ever happening. If the topic was just for a female to compete for a male singles title, maybe Iíd have given it some credibility. Yes, the Womenís Revolution has been a good thing and they are now taken seriously as competitors, but they are still a separate division and have to remain that way Ė as is the case with almost all sports. There has only ever been one exception to that: Chyna. If another Chyna was to come along, maybe it would be believable that she breaks into the male mid-card. Chyna even threatened to get into the main event on occasion, but Chyna was a once in a lifetime phenomenon. To be honest though, if she had broken through in the current day & age I donít believe even Chyna would have done what she did. The world has become too politically correct for WWE (and their precious sponsors) to allow male on female violence to be featured in any way. Intergender wrestling is not happening in the WWE any time soon. OK, there will always be the occasional confrontation, such as Rousey/HHH and Asuka/Ellsworth in recent times, but they are always one sided in favour of the female. You wonít see the male getting any significant offence in, and therein lies the problem with intergender wrestling. Sooner or later you have to show a guy beating the crap out of a woman, and thatís just never going to be acceptable.

Rob S: This is ridiculous. Charlotte Flair may be the best womenís wrestler of all time but FICTION

FrozenWaffle: Unless WWE changes their rules when it comes to intergender wrestling, I donít see this happening. As we saw with the Asuka/Ellsworth matches, intergender matches in WWE arenít good. Buuuuuuut, with the whole ďWomanís Evolution/RevolutionĒ, anything is possible. You know how much they love ďbreaking recordsĒ and ďmaking historyĒ, this is tough..... My brain says no way, but my gut knows WWE and their recent hard on for womanís wrestling, so iíll go with... FACT.

KingZak13: Hmm, that is an interesting on to think about. Intergender wrestling has been on the rise the last few years, while WWE take steps to legitimise their womenís division, the rest of the wrestling world took a step beyond and have men and women on the same ground. I am kinda split on my opinion of it on a moral level, but in practice I am all for it, women on the Indyís have been having some pretty good matches with the gents and that is a good step.

So the real big question here is whether WWE are ever going to adopt this practice. I imagine if they ever do, Charlotte, Asuka, Ruby Riott and a few others I havenít thought of yet are going to be the ones at the forefront. WWE do love Charlotte a lot, she is their top women, so if the intergender wrestling ever does come to WWE I can imagine that Charlotte being the first women to challenge for any title is obvious, and for a world title I can imagine sheíll be one that will be put in line for that.

The big question is will WWE bring in intergender wrestling. WWE are more a company than a wrestling promotion, and the idea of man on woman violence is something that will most likely have a lot of their sponsors throwing a fit. It really all depends on the social climate at the time, right now I highly doubt it, but in a few years it could be brought in, and then a couple years of build and we get Charlotte going for the world title. So truthfully this is a question of time, how long till the WWE does it and how long does Charlotte have left in the ring.

Right now, Charlotte is 32 and in the few yearsí time that WWE may introduce intergender wrestling, she could be 35+. The one issue here is going to be whether she wants kids, this part is just my opinion, but I would say all kids should be had by the time you hit 40. So if she does have plans then I imagine sheíll be putting those in place relatively soon.

I feel like there is a lot mounting against Charlotte challenging for the gold, time is a bitch and could be her downfall. I am looking at it and think that time is not on Charlottes side here, that said she could come back after having a kid or two, so who knows. I am definitely gonna say that we arenít gonna see it in the next ten years or so, but beyond that, who knows. I am gonna go with a loose Fiction for this one.

Zak: FICTION

Dog: FACT ham and paper, a SUPER FACT if I ever saw one

Final Score: I honestly thought this would be a complete whitewash, but the final score is 3-2 in favour of Fiction, closer than it had any right to be. If I recall, even in the comments of the main page column this was originally suggested on the very thought of it was ridiculed (Rob's comment pretty much summed up what was said), yet here we are with only one in the overall score, and that's ignoring the Dog's "super fact" vote which could potentially have counted as two.

Agree? Disagree? Get commenting and let the world know.
    Last edited by DynamiteBillington; 08-31-2018 at 05:57 AM.
    The newest instalment of FACT or FICTION is here!
    PM me to get involved.
    Ever considered Lesnar vs Rousey? Check out my latest column

Forgotten Ponder
    Damn, now all I can think of is getting a nice glass of Summer Fruits Juice Robinson. I mean, Robinson's Juice.....

Definitely FICTION and there's not much else I can add that everyone else hasn't said. Chyna was the exception but lets keep her that way. Not much else to her legacy, harsh at it sounds.
    Twitter - @Sooper_Hoody

I wholeheartedly hope this forever remains, as the majority deemed, FICTION. I absolutely abhor inter-gender wrestling. And I think you summed it up perfectly, Dynamite, with this, "Sooner or later you have to show a guy beating the crap out of a woman, and that’s just never going to be acceptable." Spot on.

Really looking forward to the rest of the topics! Good stuff, guys.

Start with a little feedback....

Hoody: No idea if anyone from other countries knows what we're talking about, is Robinson's available outside the UK?

Pringle: For the most part, I abhor it too. Like I said, things like Asuka/Ellsworth are exceptions, but those exceptions have to be done right.

Are you guys interested in taking part in a future fact or fiction?

Moving on, it's time for the next topic.

By the end of the year, a big (or prominent) name will have left, or been future endeavoured by, the WWE.

DynamiteBillington: Iím guessing this was suggested to get us to talk about Daniel Bryan. Heís not going anywhere. As for any other big names leaving, nobody springs to mind, assuming we donít count Lesnar in the discussion as heís had one foot out of the door for some time now. We arenít really that far from the end of the year, so to me itís FICTION. If it was by the end of next year I may change my mind and explore the possibilities of someone built on the Indie/Japan scene returning home, but at this point in time nobody significant is going anywhere.

Rob S: I think this one is a pretty solid FACT and I think weíll see it happen sooner than later. With Brock Lesnar back in the UFC testing pool, it wouldnít surprise me one bit if SummerSlam is the last we see of the so-called Universal Champion. There will almost certainly be others that leave the WWE for one reason or another, so Iím not sure where the line is drawn for ďprominentĒ but for me Lesnar is as close to a lock as it gets.

FrozenWaffle: You know, when I originally thought about this, I was thinking like Daniel Bryan. I came to the conclusion that heíd stay and guys like Orton, Cena, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, etc... would also stay. I was so ready to write this off as FICTION, but then someone came to mind.... Brock Lesnar. I think Summerslam will be his last match and heíll go to UFC and then probably retire and eat moose or whatever he does. So this own, mark as FACT.

KingZak13: This is an interesting one to think of, I am curious to see what others define as a big name (or prominent for that matter), as for where I stand, I am gonna say any sort of former world, multiple other or someone that is noticeable in their absences. That is what I am gonna count for this one.

So the first and most obvious name right now is Daniel Bryan. I have stated this multiple times the last few months, but I think he is going to be resigning with the WWE. Another option is possibly John Cena announcing he is on his way out, Hollywood is taking off and WWE is winding down. I could see John announcing his retirement but even still, his retirement wouldnít be until next year so I think that violates the ruling here.

I think that all of the big names right now are locked in, I donít think we are going to see anymore departures this year, WWE has a place for just about everyone and I doubt they will be firing any more talent this year, and I donít think anyone on the roster is particularly unhappy, some may have requested a brand change come April but even still, no one is going to be leaving. So for me, this is a FICTION.

Dog: Got both at the same time, went to round 2. Picked FACT the second time

Final score: This one was an interesting result. I deliberately discounted Brock from the topic, Zak didn't even consider him so presumably only really thought about the main roster. Without Brock, you get two votes for fiction. Rob & Waffle both went with fact on the basis Brock is likely to be leaving.

As always, the Dog gets the deciding vote. Even he had to think about it and couldn't make his mind up at first, but it would appear that after some deliberation he must have decided Brock counts so the final answer is FACT.

Then again, the news this morning is that Brock has a "closed door" meeting with the senior management prior to SummerSlam. When that happened prior to WrestleMania everyone's predictions went out of the window, so who knows what could happen?
    PM me to get involved.

Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar
    Gonna be honest, I have blocked Brock Lesnar from my memory, the only reason I can remember him is because he has a title defence soon. Whenever he doesn't he doesn't exist to me.

Surprisingly close voting thus far, I'm a little surprised.
    *Ghostly wailing*

Zak: Thanks for participating as always. I guess it speaks volumes about the general state of affairs when you're able to block the top champion on the roster from your memory.

At this very moment though, Wikipedia (which is never wrong...) has him listed as a full time member of the Raw roster. The only wrestlers in the "Unassigned" section who are noted as making "sporadic appearances" are The Rock, John Cena and The Undertaker (Brie Bella is also listed in that section). I assume this means the always-right Wikipedia thinks Lesnar's appearances aren't sporadic.

I think it's time we have another topic...

When the new ROH/NJPW show at the Garden happens next April, Kenny Omega, Young Bucks and Cody will all be working for the WWE

DynamiteBillington: Anyone who calls this a fact is making a very brave call in my opinion. I guess Cody may go back, but I get the impression heís more focussed on proving his worth in the main event than going back to what WWE would offer him. Omega may be a possibility, but itís been rumoured before and didnít happen. To the best of my knowledge theyíve never shown any real interest in the Young Bucks so thatís the least likely. If the question was for just one of them, Iíd go fact. As itís asking for all to have signed, I have to go FICTION.

Rob S: So this one is actually my own topic and Iím pretty torn on it quite honestly. As someone who loves to see competition in the world of wrestling, I think having a large portion of Bullet Club show up in the WWE is a mistake, however there are quite a few creative options should they arrive. Letís look at it this way, Finn Balor, AJ Styles and the Good Brothers are already there. If you add in Omega, The Bucks and possibly Cody, then we could have an all-out Bullet Club takeover. You build it slowly, teasing the reunion and then all of a sudden Bullet Club creates utter chaos and destruction across brands. Take it to 205 Live. Take it to NXT. Let them wreak havoc. Thereís tons of potential for fun. However, on the flip side, is the WWE interested enough to make something like that work, or do they just want to raid top talent and misuse them. So Iím going to look to my heart for this one and say FICTION, because honestly I think theyíre better off staying where they are.

FrozenWaffle:
    FICTION. I donít even have to think about that. One of them, two at the most, will be in WWE next year. Possibly Omega, since heís done almost everything possible on the Indies. I know WWE will open their wallets to grab all of them, especially to use at the Takeover opposite the ROH/NJPW show. Eventually, I think theyíll all be under the WWE umbrella, but not that soon.

KingZak13: Iím torn on this one. I am thinking something along the lines of both answers. Looking at the names listed, I can honestly say that WWE is probably trying to get at least one of those guys right this minute. But I really doubt that all four will be a part of WWE by the time that WrestleMania rolls around, some may even sign that weekend just based on the fact that they are in the same place and could actually discuss it.

As for which ones would be most likely to go to WWE, I think Cody is most likely because I doubt that he will be returning as Stardust and that is one of the big reasons he left. And a return would also likely see him be given better stories than having to turn shit to gold as he did so many times. As for the other three superstars, I have very, very limited knowledge of them; I donít think that both end up in WWE. I think it all depends how the Bullet Club stuff goes, both sides are quite invested in that story line and arenít just going to leave it high and dry. Should a reasonable exit point emerge over coming months then they could easily make the jump to WWE. But I donít think that all four will be there by WrestleMania so I am gonna say Fact and Fiction Ö Faction Ö Fict Ö letís just call it a tie.

Zak: some of the superstars, but not all four. TIE.

Dog: briefly went fact and changed his mind to FICTION at the last second

Final score: Even with Zak not commiting, this one is pretty unanimous.
    PM me to get involved.

As always, these things need to start with some feedback
    Hmmm, been a little quiet around here this week.

Maybe that topic was a little heavy for people? Time for something a little easier to digest, before we get back on the Indie bandwagon for next week's topic. This week though, we have this to discuss:

One of the Usoís will break out and have a successful singles career.

DynamiteBillington: Let me start this response by saying Iím assuming a solid mid-card run counts as a successful singles career. That said, aside from the Dudleys how many tag teams can you name that have stuck together for the long term this century? Specifically in the WWE? Iíd love to see tag teams become a career long commitment, but thatís just not the way it happens anymore. Sooner or later, WWEís ďCreativeĒ team will run out of ideas and write a story that splits them up and leads to a match between them. Unless we get a genuine tag team revolution which brings back the glory days where being in a tag team was a lifelong commitment, I donít see that changing any time soon. The most important thing is that they then both evolve into totally separate characters (i.e. like Rollins and Ambrose have since the Shield) rather than staying exactly the same (like Reigns), unfortunately thatís dependent on that ďCreativeĒ team that split them in the first place. However, the Usoís are both talented guys, so Iím sure they can make the best of whatever theyíre given and at least one of them will get a decent run. It may be a risky call, but as much as I donít want to see it (#tagteam4life!!) Iím going with FACT on this one.

Rob S: I love the Usoís as a team. It took them a while to find their footing, but eventually they got there. The street-wise brothers who run the Uso Penitentiary have provided some of the best tag-team matches in recent history against any number of teams. As they would say, they have the division LOCKED DOWN. Thereís not one thing wrong with remaining a team. Some of the most successful wrestlers in history stayed a team; teams like the Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Rock and Roll Express, and Demolition. At times theyíll have their singles opportunites, but a ďsuccessful singles careerĒ is highly unlikely unless one of them gets hurt or released. Straight FICTION on this one.

FrozenWaffle: The Usoís have been a tag team since they debuted, way back in 2010. Theyíve been together longer than The Hardyís(theyíve split and gotten back together), Edge & Christian, New Day, and even the NWO and DX. Hell, in 2015 one of them got injured and instead of pushing the other, they sidelined him. I think I feel pretty confident that itís going to be FICTION.

KingZak13: You know, as much as I enjoy The Usos, I highly doubt that they are ever going to be separated to have a successful singles career, the only way I can see this happening is if one suffers a career ending injury and I donít think we should be looking down that route. I canít see The Usos as separate entities and I think a lot of fans donít too, they are a team and I donít see a non-tag team push coming either manís way. Honestly it is far from a bad thing, at this point is any team more synonymous with tag wrestling in WWE than The Usos. No, they are WWE tag wrestling and I can guarantee that when all is said and done, they are going into the Hall of Fame.

Dog: FICTION, immediately

Final Score: 4-1 against me! Had a feeling this one may go this way, and I hope everyone else is proved right. To be honest, I think if they can survive together until Vince retires, HHH will have the sense to keep them together forever. The longer Vince stays in charge, the more likely the brother v brother storyline is. Maybe I just need to learn to have faith in the system as the other guys obviously have?
    PM me to get involved.

I don't think even Vince is dumb enough to split The Usos. I reckon the idea may have been pitched at some point but The Usos turned it down since they are a team. I don't think The Usos want to split up as a team, and I don't think that any one else really wants to split them up either.
    *Ghostly wailing*

Zak - I sincerely hope you're right & I'm wrong. I just know WWE go hot & cold on their tag division so often, staying together for life may not be feasible. That said, no matter how cold the division gets it still needs teams, so I hope they're the team that stays together.

On to the next topic - this is the last topic with the current team, so hopefully I get the input for the next round in time to post again next week!

With all the success they've had recently, both with sell-out crowds and the show in Madison Square Garden opposite NXT Takeover next year.... in the next 5 years, NJPW/ROH will successfully hold a stadium show in the US, ala WrestleMania?

DynamiteBillington: Itís ambitious, but itís definitely feasible. As more and more fans rebel against Vinceís vision of what he wants WWE to be and as those promotions get more and more available to the American audience, it becomes more and more likely that it happens. As those promotions develop more exposure, they also become a more viable prospect as an alternative employer to the WWE roster and you could well end up with some relatively big names jumping ship Ė especially those like Nakamura and Kevin Owens who may become unhappy with their roster positioning within WWE. A move back to where they came gets them an instant main event slot. Cody Rhodes has also proven that you donít need to be the main event guy in WWE to become the main event elsewhere. It only takes a few more guys like Cody to have the balls to leave and take their chances at what is currently a smaller promotion for that company to experience significant growth. Like I said at the start, itís ambitious but itís definitely feasible. Itís risky, but Iím going to go with FACT.

Rob S: Much is going to depend on how well the MSG show sells as to how big the NJPW/ROH can get. ďAll InĒ sold out quickly, but the NJPW show at the Cow Palace only did OK in terms of ticket sales. Since weíre talking about the next five years, Iíd say the potential is certainly there for growth, but will Vince and the WWE juggernaut allow them to get that big. Weíve seen the talent raids over the recent years as a means to try and halt competition. Weíve also seen the WWE try and stop ROH from getting into MSG. Thankfully that didnít occur and theyíll be getting their spot there during the biggest weekend in wrestling. Iíd love for someone, anyone to get serious about putting pressure on the WWE, so in the pipe dream world that Iím living in as I type this, Iím going to say FACT. Itís not happening, but thatís my answer and Iím sticking to it.

FrozenWaffle: ROHís biggest show in history had just over 6,000 attending. All In, which has quite a few NJPW wrestlers, sold over 10,000 seats. Theyíre making progress, but it think itíll be pretty tough to sell 70,000+ seats. You would need so epic first time encounters, like Bryan vs Okada and Punk vs Omega, to even come close. Not saying itís impossible, but for now iíll go with FICTION.

KingZak13: Long term thinking is always a bit difficult, so letís start from where we are right now. NJPW and ROH are having a lot of success lately, All-in has sold terrifically and NJPW tends to be raved about every time they have a PPV for about a fortnight. The big problem I see is the fact they have the MSG show opposite a WWE show. Had it been just in WrestleMania week then I can see it being a massive success but they have chosen to put it opposite wrestlingís juggernaut.

Now had this been opposite WrestleMania then I could see some of us IWC people going to the show given the disappointing WrestleManiaís of late. However this isnít opposite WrestleMania, it is opposite Takeover. NXT is the best brand in wrestling, combining the Indy quality and feel with the WWEís production value, Takeover does not disappoint when it comes to anything. And given the choice between the as yet named ROH show and Takeover, I can firmly say that unless ROH obtain a big WWE name in the next few months, they arenít going to be able to stand to the force of Takeover.

I think the MSG show is likely going to be a bit of a flop from an attendance standpoint, so I guess the question will be can they recover from it. I think a recovery is likely as they are doing solid business these days, but the one thing that wonít recover is their pride, if it flops then I can see the expansion to a big stadium WrestleMania-esque show being put on the back burners for a fair while.

I think they could get there within the few years even with the financial setback of a failed MSG show, but they would be clever not to schedule it in the same place and same time as a WWE PPV. But will they? I am going to be slightly difficult and say that they wonít within five years, however in the next six or seven then I could see them going ahead with it. So Fiction for me

Dog: FACT

Final score: 3-2. Very close, but Fact just about edges this one. Whether it's ROH, NJPW or a mix of the two organised by the All In guys, if this happens it would mean the industry as a whole is in a great place.
    PM me to get involved.

First off, I think this tried and true concept is perfect for a CF series. With the amount of chatty topics circulating on the MP, you could keep this going year-round if Dynamite Bill so desired. Speaking of which, what do you prefer to be called? I need a shorter nickname to work with here!

As for New Japan or Ring of Honor selling out a stadium, I'm gonna lean towards FICTION. We could very well see last week's All In show spawn various sequels and turn into the kind of monster that TakeOver is today. If they keep adding bigger stars and more diversity to each card, I wouldn't be that surprised if either promotion packed 20,000 into an arena a year or two from now. Selling 60-80,000 tickets however is a whole 'nother ballgame. I'd love for NJPW or ROH to do so for competition's sake and perhaps they will but not that soon. These things take time.

I'll have to double back and read the previous entries. Psyched to be a part of this in the near future.
    Last edited by SkitZ; 09-07-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Most people go with Dyno, but I'll answer to pretty much anything! (The real name's Gary)

I'm definitely hoping to keep this thread going - it's just a bit dependent on thinking of new topics and getting responses back from people. And also varying the people involved from time to time, the pool is still a little thin but hopefully as time goes by things will pick up and we'll get back to where we once were around here.

My inbox is always open for new topics and new volunteers....
    Last edited by DynamiteBillington; 09-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    PM me to get involved.

OK, so it's been longer than I'd hoped since the last post. I'm still waiting on replies from some of you for the next round of topics, but I figured it may spark a bit of discussion and hopefully remind people to get back to me if I get another post in.

Also, we have a new team. You know who we all are, so no introductions necessary, lets just get straight down to business:

Evolution will see all the Womenís titles change hands

Dynamite Billington: When this topic was first raised, Iíd have been fairly confident in calling it a fact. Unfortunately, it was suggested before SummerSlam and Iím writing this after SummerSlam, so now we have Rousey holding a title. She isnít losing any time soon, so thatís pretty much killed off any discussion on this one. FICTION.

Kleckamania: FICTION. Absolute fiction. For one reason... Ronda Rousey. She's not losing her belt this quick. However, I could see every other title change hands. The way Becky Lynch is on fire at the moment could equate to her getting that Smackdown Women's title sooner rather than later, and I could easily see Shayna Baszler reclaim the NXT Women's Championship over gentle "pirate" Kairi Sane as a Four Horsewomen build looms. Rousey though will probably hold the RAW title for a very long time- I'd say straight through Wrestlemania next year easily.

KingZak13: Had you asked me this prior to SummerSlam, I would have said that it was most likely, as we would see Alexa cheat a win, Shayna keep her gold and Becky/Charlotte looking at swapping the title over a heated rivalry Ö well I guess that last part is still possible. But now, we have new champion Kairi, likely having a rematch with Shayna at Evolution, where I expect her to pull out another win and send Shayna to the main roster, meanwhile we will also see Ronda Rousey destroy whoever is put in front of her (I pray it isnít Nikki), so right now it looks as if that at least two titles will be staying where they are currently. Evolution should have been womens WrestleMania, being the finish of several big stories, instead shit is just being thrown at the wall to see what sticks, in all honesty I am feeling more and more confident saying that it wonít be main roster show of the year in the MP Fact or Fiction. This is a tragic fiction.

Dog: bit and ripped the question, not completely, only parital rip, chose Fact, then spent a good few seconds just licking the Fiction ham before eating it.

Dog: FACT

Final Score: I think it's safe to say putting the title on the female Brock Lesnar has ruined any discussion we could have had here. Despite being a proponent of part timers in many of my columns, the Women's roster is not strong enough at this point in time to handle being treated in this way. Rousey is worse for the Women's title than Lesnar was for the Men's.
    PM me to get involved.

The Brain
    Gotta agree with consensus, seems unlikely Rousey will lose the title so soon. Totally disagree that it's a bad thing though, and vehemently disagree that Rousey is worse for the women than Lesnar was for the men!

Lesnar at the top of the mens division made the title irrelevant and put a huge ceiling on everyone.

While the second half may be true for Rousey, at least she still shows up to defend every PPV and appears on a majority of Raws, I definitely wouldn't say she is elevating the womens division but she is far from hurting it either.
    *Ghostly wailing*

Miz, Zak - you have inspired a column!
    PM me to get involved.

Good discussion! I don't see Rousey losing the title so soon either. She could very well hold it at least past the Rumble especially if WWE goes w/ the rumored Rousey/Flair at WM. Her elevating the women's division will be a trickle down effect in that the attention drawn to her will shine a light on the others.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

Thanks Lib... Want to get involved? Still waiting on more responses for some of the other topics I've got in the pipeline if you're interested?

If you think she's elevating the division I'm surprised you haven't had a say on my other column...
    PM me to get involved.

All the Womens Championship holders across the three brands won the title fairly recently so I doubt that any of them will lose the title at Evolution. I'm a little afraid when it comes to Becky Lynch because as you all know WWE loves ruining a good thing.

Enjoying this series thus far.