Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    Time for another topic? I think so....

Rousey/Lynch is the best option for a Women's match as the WM main event.

NOTE: Prime Time & myself wrote our original responses some time ago, before Lynch won the title & was scheduled to Face Rousey at Survivor Series, before she had her face broken and had to pull out of the match and certainly before Survivor Series happened. Not sure if PT remembers he answered this one twice, but as he covered different justification each time I figured Iíd include both!

Prime Time (Original Response): Itís probably the match Iím most interested in seeing. Lynch is one of my favourites by a good margin, and Rousey is the hot-topic of the moment. The other two bouts I could see Rousey have are against Charlotte, and Iíd prefer Becky, or against Asuka, which I donít see the WWE going for given how theyíve used her over the past six months. Iíd suggest that other than that youíre looking at bringing a name in from outside, or even calling up Shayna. But those are real wildcard options and Iím going to stick with my gut and say FACT.

Prime Time (Post-Survivor Series Response): Yeah, I think so. Ronda has a major profile outside the WWE and they are clearly going all-in on her. Becky is probably the hottest star they have right now, to be honest. I know theyíve got a big investment in Charlotte but I just donít see any match involving her having quite the same appeal. Theyíve run the match with Becky several times already, and leaving Becky out leaves out the most popular aspect. So yeah, itís a clear FACT, if you look at it with any objectivity at all.

Dynamite Billington (Original Response): At this point in time, if it were up to me Iíd only be 50/50 on letting Ronda be in the Main Event at WrestleMania. Sheís still too inexperienced IMO, despite the fact sheís improving extremely quickly Ė although even the most sceptic part of me says that sheíll probably be ready when the time comes. Pencil it in, just donít use a permanent marker yet.

Thatís not the topic though. Weíre here to discuss who should face her. For a long time, Charlotte was the answer. Now it seems Becky has come into the equation. This brings a few new questions into play. Most important of them being is that the marquee matchup that is needed to headline a WrestleMania? To be honest, I would have to say No to that. Sure, we the wrestling fans may love Becky, but is that enough? WrestleMania isnít for us. WrestleMania is for the masses. Itís designed to get mainstream attention and bring in new fans from elsewhere. Itís for the casual fans who watch once a year.

And therein lies the problem. Rousey v Lynch may well be the better match, it may well tell the better story for the regular viewers, but does it draw in those extra viewers? Iím not so sure. Put that Flair name next to Rouseyís though, and those extra viewers have a name they will probably recognise, even if it is primarily because of her Dad. Thatís OK though, legacies sell.

Thatís the logical side of the topic covered, but what about my own feelings? Personally, at this point in time Iíd go with Becky. However, thatís for one reason and one reason only: Sheís the other Champion. My own feelings are that all titles (except the IC & US titles) should be unified. The roster, especially the Womenís roster, isnít big enough to justify multiple top-tier titles. If Becky is still Champ come WrestleMania, she should face Ronda. If she isnít, then whoever is champ at the time should get the honour.

My final answer? FICTION. Flair v Rousey sells more tickets than any other option.

Dynamite Billington (Post Survivor Series): I actually think recent events strengthen the argument for Flair/Rousey at Mania. Now, as well as being the most recognisable names, they actually have a back story to build the match with. Save Lynch/Rousey for SummerSlam perhaps? Got to say though, if Becky continues her current trajectory I can see her headlining a lot of PPVs over the next year or so and definitely wonít be disappointed if WrestleMania is one of them. Given that I'm happy either way, I'm going to give my final answer as UNDECIDED.

MizFan: I am very doubtful that WWE will run a women's match as the "true" main event of Wrestlemania at all, but putting that aside I will say FACT. Looking at how excited people are about the idea of this feud, nothing else comes to mind that could potentially be a better option. People are less excited about Charlotte than they used to be and Asuka has been all but forgotten about over the past months, but Becky has become red hot, and Ronda will always be significant, so yeah, don't think they could do better than this.

Burn11nMyLight: FICTION. Although kinda FACT? Sorry, let me explain. Yes, Becky and Ronda would be amazing as a 1v1 match, and it needs to happen given the awesome promos and invasion of RAW by Becky and Team Smackdown. HOWEVER, while that match is like an A-, the A+ match, the true WrestleMania Main Event, is the 4 Horsewomen vs the 4 Horsewomen. The MMA crew vs the NXT crew. You get 4 of the 6 best women's wrestlers in the world PLUS Ronda, Shayna, and...the other two I'm forgetting because they haven't debuted yet. That match could tear the roof off the building, show how awesome Shayna is, put that spotlight back on Sasha, and give Becky, the most-over performer in all of WWE currently, the spotlight she deserves.

Don Franc: Has there ever been more of a FACT? Rousey would want to settle the score for Becky completely owning her when SD invaded RAW. Remember, Rousey wasn't able to retaliate because Becky got injured. Kind of a blessing really as that would be the hottest women's match WWE could provide at Wrestlemania. And if you listen to the rumours, these woman are apparently main eventing the show. It would certainly be a great moment for the Women's Division. Besides, the way Lunch/Rousey has played out thus far, it would be the perfect story.

Final Score: 3 clear votes for FACT, 2 votes fairly inconclusive. I think that favours FACT enough that we don't need Zak's dog as a tie breaker, but he is definitely missed in this thread

FACT or FICTION: Ladies and Gentlemen, Elias.
    PM me to get involved.

LOL, I had no clue. I have literally been all over the place lately. At least I didn't contradict myself.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

It would have been more fun if you had

PM me to get involved.

Always a chance I might have done with some of the others... still, a gentleman retains the right to change his mind!

Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar
    *Sees Topic*

"Oh I remember this one, I wrote this one a week before Survivor Series, I wonder what everyone else thought"

"Wait where the fuck is my entry, I swear I sent it in before Survivor Series"

Checks Private Messages

"Shit, I am an idiot"

So as it turns out, I thought I sent this one in, I had wrote a whole thing for it, got the dog's thought on it, and then got distracted by other stuff (probably Survivor Series)

Sorry about this one. If anyone is interested, here are me and the dogs thoughts on this one from before Survivor Series

Rousey/Lynch is the best option for a Women's match as the WM main event.

Zak: I am actually feeling pretty torn on this one, thereís a fair bit going into this one, firstly and most importantly this would mean either one has to lose the title and win the rumble, and I donít see either reign ending soon, or the WWE go for the womenís brand of wrestling and this match is to unite the two titles to be the inaugural WWE Womenís World Champion (or for short, the WWEWWC)

In theory this makes sense, on one side is the big draw and on the other is the character that has caught fire recently. Now I say in theory because in practice, youíd need to firstly get through this next little segment of time before Survivor Series without spoiling too much. That is fairly easy to do but given how hard WWE has been with Ronda, I am not optimistic about keeping Becky looking strong.

Becky catching on to the fans is not dissimilar to the likes of CM Punk or Daniel Bryan, however WWE still have the female equivalent of John Cena at their disposal, and Charlotte vs Ronda is still definitely the WWEís money match for the womenís division. And while I am not saying that Ronda vs Becky at WM will never happen, this year is a definite no and honestly if Charlotte/Ronda doesnít main event, I donít think the women ever may.

So in theory this one is true, but in a business sense (and letís face it, thatís all WWE cares about these days) it isnít. If I am honest, I am hoping that these two get to main event Survivor Series, I see no reason why they shouldnít and right now this is the biggest womenís match WWE can do. I guess weíll have to wait and see on that one, but as to the question, I guess I gotta put it as fiction.

Zak: Fiction
    Dog: A quickly chosen Fiction

I have since changed my mind to Fact on this one.

The Brain
    I really have to push back against this idea that either Charlotte or Becky are any kind of draw to casual fans. Not because they're women, but because WWE doesn't build draws for casual fans anymore, they import them from other sports and eras. Ronda is the draw for those casual fans who might just watch Wrestlemania and nothing else, full stop. I think Flair may be the best wrestler ever but I don't think being his daughter creates any draw for those fans outside the wrestling bubble.

So that leaves the question of what will be more exciting for the hardcore fans, and I think it's been overwhelming clear that they prefer Becky at this point and time, and I expect that'll run through Wrestlemania at least, assuming WWE doesn't chuck a bucket of freezing water on her heat.

Zak:
    I think changing your mind is OK

Have you got replies ready for any of the others I sent out? Still time to pm them to me and join in...

Miz:
    I do agree - have you seen the comments I've made in Prime's Reigns column?
    Last edited by DynamiteBillington; 12-07-2018 at 07:13 PM.

PM me to get involved.

The Brain
    I'll have to go back and double check that!

Time for a new topic. This one actually came to me whilst I was writing up what may become a Predictions column for the next year. It started out as a prediction, then I figured it was more of a topic for a column, before eventually using it for Fact or Fiction because I wanted to see what other people thought on the subject.

WWE made Daniel Bryan WWE Champion now so they can keep him out of the WrestleMania Main Event in 2019

DynamiteBillington: The Conspiracy Theorist in me says FACT. Let me explainÖ

We all know what happened in the past. Bryan didnít get in the Rumble and people rebelled. WWE didnít want him in the main event of WrestleMania, but were forced to listen to the fans and put him there anyway. It made for a truly great moment, one which has to be in the conversation for best ever WrestleMania endings.

Obviously his injuries made the problem go away for a few years, but now WWE are faced with a similar dilemma. Give the spot to the person the people want, or use it to try & make the next big thing. Or worse, let a pair of part timers fill all the main event slots.

Ever since he came back, there has been a vocal portion of the audience wanting him back in that position, personally I thought it would be a great story for him to win the Rumble and take the title off The Miz in the main event of WrestleMania. I realise now thatís far too predictable though. WWE realised it to, and rightly want to avoid that.

Giving him the title now makes it easy for them to keep him away from that spot on the card. As the title holder, he wonít be expected to be in the Rumble, let alone win it. If he successfully defends his title earlier that night, nobody will be expecting him to pull double duty and be a Ďsurpriseí entrant. Then, sometime shortly after the Rumble, he can lose the title to whoever the WWE deem worthy of a main event slot and be given a decent upper-mid card match, which is exactly where WWE really want to position him.

Conspiracy theory? Probably. FACT? Definitely.

Don Franc: FICTION. It just feels like WWE wouldn't have had him in the main event of Wrestlemania whether he was champion or not. In Vince's eyes, Bryan has had his moment in the sun. Look, I'm enjoying Bryan's heel turn, but when he got injured after his Wrestlemania moment it really killed his momentum and proved to Vince that he was indeed a B+ Player. Not that I agree with that sentiment, but surely that's how Vince feels.

Besides all the politics, who is Bryan going to main event Wrestlemania against anyway? All the main event faces on Smackdown are from the old guard and by 'Mania season he'd have feuded AJ to death already. I'm sure he will be in a marquee match though. Look, Bryan will be the star of Smackdown for as long as he can stay healthy, but I do not expect him to headline a Wrestlemania again. It might not be what some would like to hear, but you cannot deny how viable that is.

I see good things coming from Bryan's heel turn, though. He has been heel before but he is a different kind of heel now. Couple that with the fact that he hasn't been heel since about 2011 and this feels absolutely fresh. I think the reason Bryan got turned heel was because WWE realized they screwed up with his character and needed to find a way to make him stand out again. They succeeded in that.

Burn11nMyLight: FICTION, but only because the question implies that WWE can plan anything other than Roman's WrestleMania opponents. Daniel Bryan vs Miz for the WWE Championship has a better chance of main eventing WrestleMania than any other Daniel Bryan match, so if that was the plan it's not a very good one.

Prime Time: Iím not sure I really understand the premise of this one. Iíll say FICTION because it seems to me if they want to leave him out, they can just leave him out. Itís not like theyíve been a model of responsiveness in the last couple of years anyway. Bryan was quite effectively cooled off by the time they turned him anyway, and Iím not sure thereíd have been any major pushback against it Ė at least, not beyond what came as a result of the heel turn, anyway. So no, I don't think they were thinking anything beyond this is what they wanted to do with him at the time, for better or worse.

KingZak13: Because up until winning the title he was locked in for the main event [/SARCASM]

Iím sorry to say but Bryanís return hasnít panned out great, this is down to a bit of disappointing opponents, and to the fact that fan revolutions are only good for the time being, once you are a little bit removed from it, they stop being quite as exciting. It happened with Dean Ambrose, it happened with CM Punk, and this is proof that even the greatest of revolutions can fall apart.

That said, this doesnít mean that these revolutions shouldnít be followed through, the WWE going with them gives them a strong character for the time being and a top tier character for however long they are a part of the WWE. Punk, Bryan and Ambrose (and most lately, Becky Lynch) are all still regarded as one of the important matches even when they are lower down the card.

Back on topic, I donít think there was any point that Bryan was going to main event WrestleMania. His feud with Miz took place over the autumn months, and since everyone online suggested it, the WWE couldnít use it as a WrestleMania plan, or that would be admitting that those internet nerds know what they are talking about sometimes, and we canít have that now can we.

I reckon either a Shield Triple Threat or something else with Roman was booked in as main event from around SummerSlam onwards. And since Romanís Leukemia announcement, they either went with Seth vs Brock or more recently, Lynch vs Rousey. At no point was Bryan going to be in the main event, he was going to be in one of the top attractions, but not the main event. So I guess this is Fiction because he isnít now, nor was he ever, going to main event WM35

Zak: FICTION
    Dog: Big struggle here, went Fiction but couldnít, I couldnít hold the papers in my hand, he went for Fact and missed, ended up with FACT and itís paper, though he spat the paper out

Final Score: Maybe I should get myself a tin foil hat? Only Zak's dog agreed with me and even he seemed undecided. Perhaps I'm giving the WWE too much credit for planning things the way I suspected? Either way, this one has been well and truly voted as FICTION

PM me to get involved.

The Brain
    Haha shit, just sent you my answer before realizing I was too late! You go one week without logging on to LOP, and look what happens. Basically, I agree with everyone but Dyno and the dog!

I hope this means you've learned your lesson. Never go a week without checking in!

Still working on my tin foil hat, will be sure to have it ready for the next topic....

PM me to get involved.

The CF has spoken and they're absolutely right, Dyno! That Bryan statement is pure fan FICTION. At no point since he returned do I believe Daniel ever figured into Vince's WrestleMania plans. Even if Bryan had won the Rumble next month and faced Miz at Mania, I still don't think they would've headlined the event. How many years has it been since a SmackDown World Champion closed the show? I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Bryan defends the WWE Title in the opener. Reigns leaving might've changed the big picture a tad but the WM35 main event was always going to feature some combination of Lesnar, Rousey or The Shield. And with all the stuff WWE's women have accomplished over the past 3-4 years, it feels like the only milestone left for them to conquer is going on last at a WrestleMania. This (well technically next) is the year to pull the trigger so PHOOEY to your conspiracy theory, pal! I'm honestly just happy that Bryan's enjoying the reign he was robbed of back in 2014. If the vile vegan holds onto the belt until early April, it's a bonus.

Several good points that I'm inclined to agree with. I'll be on time for the next topic.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

Thanks Lib - I'll keep spamming you with the rest of the guys, I'm just happy to include as many people as I can....especially if people come up with topics for us - it's getting harder to think of stuff to keep this going!

On to the next topic, something a bit more light hearted as it's going to be the last one of the year:

This will happen during 2019Ö

I think I need to say this before continuing.
    I did not create that picture.
    I'd love to say I did, but I'm nowhere near clever enough.
    I found it a while ago when researching something, can't even remember where it was now.
    If whoever created that picture is reading this, you are a genius.

Dynamite Billington: Remember people, WWE these days is all about the Brand. No need for a big star, WWE is what sells. The fact that all the top tier belts in both the male & female divisions all have that similar WWE Logo design is proof enough to me that this could happen. Especially with the US Title which hasnít really had a makeover since they inherited it from WCW. No idea how long the design had been in place there.

That said, Branding is everything. This definitely has the potential to become a FACT.

MizFan: Haha, that is so butt ugly that I can only say FACT, seems like it's exactly something WWE would do!

Burn11nMyLight: FICTION. I really like that Intercontinental Title, but the US Championship is too generic for my tastes. I guess this wasn't a personal tastes question though. Still going Fiction because that would require WWE to remember that they HAVE midcard titles.

Don Franc: Not too sure about this one. I'm hoping this doesn't happen because all the belts look the same. I miss the old intercontinental title they debuted in 2003. The belts just look so shitty now. I hope they don't change it because - besides the colour - you wouldn't know which belt is which. FICTION

Prime Time: FICTION Ė more from my hoping they have enough sense not to do that. The IC belt is one of the only attractive championships left in the WWE. Let them ruin the US all they want, but doing that to the IC should come with a prison sentence.

KingZak13: First thingís first, whoever did these designs is legitimately fucking talented; these look so damn good as belts.

I donít think we are going to see any title remakes this coming year. A lot of the titles are fairly new as a design, we only got the Universal two years ago, the NXT titles all got changed in 2017 so I really donít see WWE remaking the titles any time within the next year.

That said, I think that United States title is pretty much exactly what they are going to go with if they do bring it back. Though I do think they are gonna have it with the stripes on it too, I feel like they have something to do with America and to do away would have some people call it blasphemous, mostly because they donít know what the word actually means and they just like it.

The IC title on the other hand, it looks good but I am just not feeling it a design. The WWE brought that title back a fair few years ago and honestly itís design is timeless, it just looks great. It almost radiates prestige if you look at it at the right angle.

Iím actually really torn on this, a title redesign is probably on the books as theyíve both been going with their design for quite a while. But on the flip side, they donít really need to be changed aside from for change sake. I donít think the change is coming for 2019, and even in the case it does, I only see one changing for 2019. So I guess this is Fiction

Dog: Hopped onto my lap to look at the picture, choose FICTION immediately

Final Score: 5-2 in favour of FICTION. Like I said at the start, I found this using a google image search. No idea where it came from, but if it was any kind of official page it might mean they're considering it.

I'm going to end this post with a sincere thank you to everyone who's been involved in this thread so far, I always enjoy pulling them together and genuinely appreciate when people take part. I hope to keep it going indefinitely, but it's obviously dependent on new topics and people joining in. If you have any ideas for a topic, let me know, and I hope you don't mind me spamming you for responses!

PM me to get involved.

The Brain
    Y'all are in for a bad time when this happens.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Dyno. WWE probably doesn't care enough to remake the titles, especially the U.S Title.

Also, it has been a pleasure to be involved with these. Have you ran through all my ideas already? Shit, it ain't easy coming up with ideas for these but I'll do some thinking and get back to you. I've actually just though of one right now, to be honest.

Think I've got 3 more ready and waiting to go.
    Pm me the new idea, the inbox is always open for them

PM me to get involved.

Wow - it's been so long since I did this, the thread had actually dropped off the first page! That either means I've been really lazy or that the Forums have got some good steam going. Probably the former, but I'd like to think the latter has it's part to play as well.

I've got a whole batch of new topics to spam everyone with over the next few weeks, so many I'll be sending them out in shifts. For now though, lets get on with some of the topics people responded to last year:

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins will main event Wrestlemania for the Universal Championship.

MizFan: Main event as in last match of the night? Gonna call that a big ol' FICTION. Neither guy was in WWE prior to 2003, and I don't see WWE breaking their streak just yet. Now, will they wrestle a championship match? Maybe, but it ain't gonna be the Universal title. Seems more than likely Brock will still be holding the title by then. The only possible way I see this happening is if Dean and Seth end up in a triple threat with Brock, but I just don't think that's likely.

Burn11nMyLight: FICTION, but I hope it happens because both guys deserve it. The problems with this are twofold. First, someone(Dean, for the story to make sense) would have to take the belt off Brock. That's not impossible given Dean's new badass attitude and some heel tactics, but it's still not super likely if Braun keeps getting squashed. Second, WWE would have to decide that this red-hot feud is even better with the Universal Title, and I'm not sure that is the case. WrestleMania is already long enough(but does WWE care?) and having a title feud + Dean/Seth might make for a better overall card than Dean/Seth for the title. More depth to the card. So while that would be an AMAZING main event, I'm not sure WWE is planning anything other than "Brock drops title again."

Don Franc: In an ideal world they would certainly main event Wrestlemania. However, for some reason it has never seemed like WWE isn't really all in with Ambrose. They are definitely all in with Rollins but because Ambrose is involved they might hold back on that idea. I think it cannot be argued that these two men should absolutely main event Wrestlemania to show that WWE is finally putting the past behind them and moving forward with the new garde, but yet it's still too difficult to picture. If Batista returns to face HHH or The Rock returns to face Brock then that type of match will headline the show. I just don't see WWE throwing all their chips in with Ambrose, though. That, in and of itself, is a crying shame because the chemistry that Ambrose and Rollins have with each other is off the charts. As much as I really want this to happen my lack of faith in WWE doing this makes me lean toward FICTION.

Prime Time: FICTION. Add Roman into the mix and I think you might have just got away with it but without a major change in the first few months of 2019 I just donít see this match for the fake red belt having enough prestige to headline the show. Right now I wouldnít bet against Lesnar or another part-time wrestler filling at least one of the berths.

DynamiteBillington: This is a FACT. I didnít suggest this topic, but the topic title is exactly as suggested. So are most of the other topics that were suggested at the same time by the same person. Those other topics all included a firm deadline. This one doesnít. It just mentions WrestleMania. Doesnít say which year. Maybe thatís cheating, maybe itís not in the spirit of why the topic was originally raised, but I can be a pedantic arsehole when I want to be.

The Class of 2002 canít go on forever, so one day this will happen. It may be in 2028 when weíre all complaining about the part timers from the Class of 2012, but it will happen.

KingZak13: The big question here is, are we talking this year, because this is absolutely fiction if it is this year.

If this is a longer term question, then I am actually concerned more about the longevity of the Universal title, I get the feeling that it will be going away within the next few years, likely joined with the WWE Championship.

But letís just think about the real question here for a moment, Ambrose vs Rollins in the main event of WrestleMania. Interestingly these two have never faced off at the grandest stage of them all. I feel that has been done intentionally and that WWE will eventually play that off and give the two a match there
    Ö
    Hold on.

I just noticed, the question isnít asking for Dean vs Seth, its asking for Dean and Seth to be in the Main Event for the Universal title.

That changes everything, I think they definitely will Ö when Roman gets back and they can have the Shield Triple Threat. Itís bound to happen. So Dean and Seth in a WrestleMania main event, sure. Dean vs Seth in a WrestleMania main event, not so sure on. Though definitely not this year to either of them.

Zak: FACT
    Dog: Immediately choose FACT

Final Score: 4-3 to FICTION this time. Maybe though, once you guys have read the responses from Zak & myself you'll reconsider? Most of the Fictions related primarily to this year, if you think about it as a longer term prediction does it change your minds?

PM me to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteBillington View Post
    [B][COLOR="#FFFF00"] Maybe though, once you guys have read the responses from Zak & myself you'll reconsider?
    Not reconsider so much as roll my eyes at the pedantry!

It most certainly does. As mentioned above, I think it's only a matter of time before Dean and Seth headline a WrestleMania. Whether they compete 1-on-1 or in a multi-man match is anyone's guess but since the statement isn't tied specifically to 2019, I say FACT. Rollins has gotta be the odds-on favorite right now to challenge Brock at WM35 but I suspect Ambrose will still be IC Champ come April and defend against the likes of a Finn Balor.

Now watch Seth and Dean switch brands in a couple years and main event Mania for the WWE Title instead.
    Last edited by SkitZ; 01-10-2019 at 08:36 AM.

^ One of many reasons why I think if you widen it out like that, the real answer becomes 'impossible to say'.....

Very true. Damn Dyno and his loopholes!

Had Roman's illness not resurfaced, I'm confident we would've seen The Shield triple threat at this year's event. Everything appeared to be heading in that direction. There also would've been little reason to rush Brock back... fuck cancer indeed.

The Brain
    Still going with fiction, it's just too specific. Dean AND Seth AND Wrestlemania AND the Universal Title AND the last match main event... you'll doubtless get 3 or 4 of those together eventually, but all 5 statistically is a long shot!

To be fair, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt if it was the real WWE title rather than Brock's belt...

And yeah, loopholes and fine print are my thing ��

PM me to get involved.

Give me a 1 hour iron man match.

Actually scrap that make it 2/3 falls so they can go for an hour and a half.

Sam would suggest such a thing lol.

Granted it's probably the only match type Rollins and Ambrose haven't covered yet but, knowing WWE, they'd add another hour to WrestleMania instead of just trimming the undercard!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Give me a 1 hour iron man match.

Actually scrap that make it 2/3 falls so they can go for an hour and a half.
    IMO, there is no such thing as an Iron Man Match that doesn't last an hour. The whole point of any Iron Man contest throughout all of sports is endurance. When you have an Iron Man match that is the same length as other matches on the card, it negates the title.

PM me to get involved.

The Brain
    More time does not equal a better match! I'd much prefer a fast paced, hate filled 15-20 minutes fraught with urgency as opposed to looking to fill 90 full minutes. Even Omega and Okada didn't go that long!!

Dyno you sneaky bastard. Considering how poorly the feud between Seth and Dean went ( Remember, WWE books these guys!), they won't be main eventing Wrestlemania anytime soon. They certainly have enough time though. It's just that their most recent feud has put a sour patch on the greatest story of this generation.

I think we need something a little less controversial for the next topic....no loopholes this time I promise!

Before we start though, watch out for a new round of topics hitting your inboxes - I've had a load of suggestions I've been meaning to send around for a few weeks now, but time has been short & I got distracted by my Faction League project, so apologies for taking a while. These are always fun though, so let's keep it going

Rey Mysterio will win the WWE Championship by the end of 2019.

MizFan: Haha, noooo, complete FICTION. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Mysterio, I think he's one of the most important and influential figures in the past 25 years of American wrestling, but they would barely give him a sniff of the title when he was singlehandedly propping up the ratings of Smackdown through the 00s and selling more merch than anyone not named John Cena or god. They're not going to give him a top title now. I think he's looked great in the ring the past couple years but he's still one injury away from what would probably become a permanent retirement. So yeah, this ain't happening.

Burn11nMyLight: FICTION. I rewatch the "CM Punk Returns" video on Youtube at least once a month, and before that video, they have the Cena-Mysterio match for the "Vacant" WWE Championship. Watching Rey then vs now is pretty stark, if you read my Smackdown reviews. And maybe it's just WWE's booking, but he looks so much slower than he used to. WWE may just hop on the nostalgia train and give him a run for fun, but with Joe, AJ, Bryan, Shinsuke, Miz, and Orton all hovering around the main event, there is no reason and really no good path to give Rey the title in 2019.

Don Franc: There is the faint chance that Rey can become champion in 2019. He has looked good on his return and he's wrestling matches every week so we know he's healthy. He looks way better than his last run in WWE and that counts in his favour. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a title shot next year, but I just don't see him winning it. FICTION.

DynamiteBillington: Perhaps this should have been that Rey will challenge for the WWE Championship? Or that he will win any title? I can see him getting a run with a mid-card belt, I can see him maybe getting a main title match at some point, but I canít see them going with him as a top tier champion. Maybe for nostalgia reasons, but these days there are so many others before him in the queue thatís not enough anymore. FICTION.

Prime Time: FICTION. I donít see this happening. I donít watch so much anymore so Iíd have missed any on-screen clues but I havenít heard anything that makes me think itís likely, either.

KingZak13: I think this question needs a bit of a rewording, it would be way more likely if this said a world championship. I donít think Rey is winning the WWE Championship, with Bryan winning the title I donít see it going from small man to smaller. I do expect a title match between the two though, just because I feel like that reads as somewhat of a dream match.

Honestly, I reckon Rey gets moved to Raw in the draft, I donít know why I think that, but I do. So I am looking and think that we get Rey on Raw, where he has another ďdream matchĒ with Seth Rollins for the title. However, just having title matches doesnít mean he is winning the title. At this point I think Rey is back for a relatively light schedule, and being a world champion (or any champion really) means you have to actually show up and work, and while Reyís spirit may be willing, his body is another story.

Honestly, I donít really see Rey winning any titles in this run with the WWE, I say this run because I get the feeling he is gonna go the traditional part timer route and take the spring/summer off before returning for another go. I honestly canít see a universe where Rey has a title in 2019. So this is 100% fiction.

Dog: Went for Fiction aggressively, but failed to grab it on his first go, he tried again and ended up with FACT

Final Score: I'm going to call this one a clean sweep in favour of FICTION. Sure, the Dog ended up with Fact, but it seems that was more of a mistake after being to aggressive in his desire to go Fiction.

PM me to get involved.

The Brain
    Glad most people are high on Rey's return, even if this is definitely fiction. The dude is just so damn good, he really came back to life after that 2012-14 slump where it looked like his was flat out done.

Rey will definitely challenge Bryan for the belt if he holds the belt after Mania. Hell, he could even get two! Rey has been tremendous since his return and I have to disagree with Burn that Rey has gotten slower. Look no further than Rey vs Andrade on this week's Smackdown for proof of that.

I'm sticking with my prediction that Rey ends up on Raw. I still don't think he is winning a world title, but I don't see why he can't win a tag, US or IC championship.

My interest is whether he is gonna stick around post-mania, or is this a semi-retired schedule where he works certain months of the year.

Either way, it is nice to see Rey back and having actual working knees.

Going to start with a quick thanks to the guys who've replied to my post in the Writer's Block thread, things are obviously some way off being normal right now so your words there are appreciated.

Hopefully this doesn't get too lost in amongst all the KOTC threads - apologies for not reading & commenting on more of them, I've scanned a couple but don't have time right now to pay them full attention. Real life can be a bitch.

Even so, I figured I'd take a few minutes away from reality to come post something here. The final part of my Factions League series is still a work in progress, but is throwing up some interesting surprises. It'll take me some time to get to the finishing point with that one though, so I figured Fact or Fiction needed an update. Thanks to everyone who's taken part so far, I've had a few responses to the topics I sent out recently (but still time for you to check your inboxes & join in if you haven't), so I need to pull those together when I get the chance. This is the last of the topics I had ready & waiting to go though, hope you enjoy the read:

Giving Bobby Lashley a Manager is proof that they want him to succeed as a main eventer

MizFan: I'll say FICTION for this one, for a couple reasons. One is that you can't really say it's "proof" that they want him in the main event. Maybe they do, maybe they're undecided, but for now it's just a gimmick they want to try out. The other reason is if they really wanted him to succeed as a main eventer, he probably wouldn't be stuck doing an Ace Ventura impression. Right? Right??

DynamiteBillington: I certainly think Vince believes in Lashley as a main eventer Ė I think he always did, otherwise someone else would have been in the Battle of the Billionaires. Heís got the size and build Vince likes in his men, and heís actually got some talent. Just not in the promo department. Giving him a Manager resolves that. They obviously want him to get over as a main eventer, and I think I know why. His colour. Barring the Rock, and maybe Booker T to a certain extent, how many black main eventers have there been in WWE? Compare that to how many black guys are at the peak of most other sports. White dominance is an anomaly that Lashley may be the closest thing to an answer for, and I think WWE want to cash in on that. I hope none of this is misconstrued as racism, itís certainly not meant that way. I think this is generally FACT though.

Burn11nMyLight: FICTION. Giving Bobby Lashley a manager is proof that he sucks on the mic and can't get over by himself because he has no charisma. Cesaro and Curtis Axel both had managers, was that proof that WWE wanted them to main eventers? No. It was just proof that WWE didn't think those guys could get over on their own. Same with Almas. Same with Lashley.

Don Franc: I am of the belief that Vince wants Lashley to succeed. Lashley has the look that Vince dreams about, which is why Vince let's him show off his body by posing in the ring. He is quite the good wrestler too. The only problem is that he is not that good on the mic and that's the biggest concern. So, to remedy that, Vince enlisted the help of Lio Rush to assist Lashley with the talking bits. Lio is pretty annoying and Vince is hoping that it will produce heat for Lashley. The thing is, sometimes Lio is too annoying. Hopefully the fans don't see it that way or Lashley might just end up getting X-Pac Heat. Regardless, this is a FACT.

Prime Time: Mildly FACT, in as much as it certainly shows a level of investment in them that you probably just donít make if you are ambivalent towards someone. I donít know if they necessarily see that as being right at the top of the card but at the very least it implies they want him as someone who will stick around.

KingZak13: I didnít think we needed proof of that Ö I figured that was common knowledge.
    Zak: FACT
    Dog: Immediate FICTION, then nipped my thumb when I gave him the other ham

Final Score: A narrow victory for FACT, although it sounds like Zak may want to reconsider disagreeing with his dog if he's going to get bitten for having the wrong opinion...

PM me to get involved.

The Brain
    The idea that Lashley can't get over on his own makes me sad, but I guess what can you do when they start building an all time bad angle around your sisters as soon as you're back in the door?

I completely forgot about this one. Like I genuinely thought you were out of topics, though considering my contribution to his one, easy to see why I forgot about it.

WWE want Lashley to be main event talent and that is just fact, the fact they haven't given him a match with Lesnar yet actually shocks me.

Zak, check through your inbox - I sent a few new topics out a couple of weeks ago!

PM me to get involved.

Lashley is I.C Champion and I think that will be the most telling when trying to determine if he is truly being pushed as a big deal. Although, I'm starting to get annoyed by both him and Lio. The only entertaining thing is Lio escaping getting attacked with flips and the like.

Oh and I already sent you my answers for the topics you sent out.

It's rare that Vince McMahon gives talent a second chance at being in the main event after they have left the company, for me that's more telling than the manager situation. Having said that, chances of him being in a multi-man match and not a main event match at Wrestlemania is very high, so what do I know.

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #2: 7 Treatments for Wrestlemania Fever

The Brain
    Not sure if that's necessarily true, I came up with Hogan, Lesnar, Jeff Hardy, Eddie Guerrero, Sid Vicious, Bob Backlund, Kevin Nash, Sergeant Slaughter, Chris Jericho, and Christian as guys who don't fit the bill. Most of those guys were quite a bit more popular than Lashley though, so the point may be moot.