Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    On the topic of guys who get a second chance of being the main event after leaving.....does Drew McIntyre deserve a mention here? Originally the Chosen One, but now he's actually getting over in the role they wanted him first time round. I think it counts.

Moving on, it's time for a new topic. And we're going to start with a quick bonus topic:

You all know what to do, and you all know I appreciate you helping me with these.....

Anonymous: This is FICTION. you don’t really give a shit if we reply or not and if one of us vanished tomorrow you wouldn’t shed any tears. We’re just your slaves.

Final Score: With only one voter, FICTION wins pretty conclusively. You are all my slaves.

Now on to the big topic of the moment:

The whole "listening to the fans" shtick from the McMahons is just a ploy to not get so much heat for their shitty booking.

DynamiteBillington: This is FICTION. You want to know why? 3 words: “We hear you”.

Remember HHH saying that a couple of years back? At the time, the Women’s Revolution was just something that was happening on NXT, but the crowds on Raw & Smackdown had started chants relating to it. Him saying that was essentially the same as the segment a few weeks ago where they acknowledged things needed to change.

Now think back again to that stage of the Women’s Revolution. Did it happen overnight? No, of course it didn’t. These things take time. And that was only relating to a small portion of the show. Now they’re having to replan the philosophy for the entire promotion. For the first couple of months after he said it, these forums were full of comments saying nothing had changed. Now look at it – Women are (probably) going to headline WrestleMania and Becky is probably the biggest star they have. We won’t see any major changes until after WrestleMania, but we will see change.

Anonymous: I don’t know about this one. The McMahons will see the falling ratings, hear the boos and be taking note. But they also have their own, stubborn ideas and have been force feeding fans for years. The truth is, if Balor beats Brock at the Rumble, and we get a world champion on Raw, it’ll mean far more than any words the McMahons have said. Whilst Brock is champ, fan favourites are routinely being ignored and can’t make TV, and Smackdown is being treated like an ugly step sister, the McMahons have done nothing. The WWE is shit right now. I even find Ambrose and Rollins dull and never thought I’d feel that way.

It’s a sad, depressed, FICTION for this one from me.

Prime Time: Absolutely a FACT. I'd be stunned if anyone really believed this listening to the fans thing was anything else. If they do, I'd love to sell them some magic beans if they are interested. The price will be very reasonable, I swear.

Spinmaster: Fuck. I wish so much that this was fiction but it's without a doubt FACT. The McMahons saw that the crowds were turning on them, and they figured the only way to change that was to say that they were entering a new era. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last, that the WWE has pretended to do a massive overhaul and then back tracked within a couple months. They will probably keep this up until Mania and then slowly begin putting things back the way it was before they came out and blew smoke up the audience's asses.

SirSam: I'm tempted to say "no duh." FACT times a hundred, the basically admitted as much on live TV. The only way you could go fiction on this one is if you wanted to play semantics and say it was because of 'shitting creative writing'.

Burn11MyLight: 100% FACT. I mean they keep acknowledging fan complaints(Seth's promo, Finn's push, The Revival, etc). But that's just to throw us off the scent. While RAW has improved (a bit) lately, it's still not making any actual drastic changes to the show; Brock and Ronda are still champs, and The Revival are not. Just because WWE "Acknowledges" how shitty it is doesn't mean it is actually making real changes. They're just stalling to get to the Road to WrestleMania, which they think will keep people's interest. We'll see.

Don Franc: FACT. WWE reads message boards too, and they are well aware of how their hardcore fans feel about the show. RAW's numbers has decreased dramatically in recent times and Vince as undoubtedly running scared. In his mind he knows that when all is said and done it will only be the hardcore wrestling fans sticking around; you know, the ones that keep the show above a 2.0 rating. And because of that he wants to atone for previous failures and book better television for those fans who have stuck around even when WWE was shitty (he's still failing on RAW even after some improvement). The reason he is trying this is because he knows that if his most loyal fans turn on him then he'll have nothing.

MizFan: This question was first asked some time ago and may already be irrelevant, but for the sake of answering I'll say FICTION. Nothing I've heard sounds all that different. Some things better, some things worse. Overall I like to be optimistic but I'm not holding my breath for any foundational shift in strategy.

KingZak13: I thought this was the general consensus anyway.

Zak: 100% super FACT
    Dog: Got FICTION and it’s paper, spotted it on the side of his gum, I went to retrieve it and he blocked my hand with his paw.

Final Score: 6-4 to FACT. I guess we need more optimists round here. Where’s Dave when you need him!

The Brain
    Haha, I definitely stupidly gave the wrong answer. Definitely meant Fact, and from his answer I think Nony might have made the same mistake. I think it's just you and the dog on the side of fiction, Dyna. We're not pessimists, we're just realists!

Got to admit, I did wonder if you'd misread the topic

I don’t even remember taking part. Assume I was drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    I don’t even remember taking part. Assume I was drunk.
    That may not be a problem for much longer....

Ronda Rousey will turn heel soon.

Anonymous: FICTION. Rousey is the Cena, Reigns and Hogan of the women’s division. If she turns heel, I’ll stop drinking alcohol. Whether the fans start booing her is a different question altogether.

Prime Time: It depends on your definition of soon, but yeah, I think Rousey probably goes heel sooner rather than later. FACT

SpinMaster: If they are going with the Ronda vs Becky match at Wrestlemania then I see no way for this to be anything but 100 percent FACT. There is no way that Ronda can go through an entire feud with The Man and expect to be cheered. The fans will turn on her and tear her apart to the point where it would be impossible to try pushing her as a face. The match could work as face vs face but the story leading up to it would be a trainwreck. The best thing to do is turn Ronda in the match against Sasha and have her go on a crusade against all the members of the WWE Four Horsewomen. The fans will eat it up and the storyline will be something worthy of the main event at Wrestlemania.

Burn11MyLight: FICTION. If Ronda lost to a face on her own show at WrestleMania, maybe. But losing to Becky at WrestleMania wouldn't naturally lead to a heel turn, and Becky has been playing the tweener well enough, and Ronda the babyface fighting champion well enough, that a turn is completely unnecessary. For now.

Don Franc: FACT. I believe that Rousey will turn heel sometime after Wrestlemania; possibly due to a loss to Becky at Wrestlemania? Who knows, but I think we are getting MMA Four Horsewomen against WWE Four Horsewomen at Summerslam (maybe in a War Games match even). And because of that match Rousey would have to be heel. I know many would disagree with this due to her popularity and WWE still wanting to use her to run the division but this is what's needed if the rumoured match were to happen.

MizFan: She isn't already? I'll go with FICTION but I think we'll see some tweener behavior leading up to Wrestlemania.

KingZak13: Depending on the way you look at this, she has already turned heel, not full blown heel of course but the turn is there. Let’s take a quick look at the evidence from the last couple months.

• Treats the most over face with nothing but disdain.
    • Costs two face characters the title in a TLC triple threat
    • Has a feud with another face character leading to the rumble.

Outside of Nia Jax, Ronda has been feuding with face characters since November, and for the most part, she is the less popular of the two sides in the feud. While true two faces can face off, that doesn’t happen for three months straight without a turn or big change being imminent.

Honestly a heel turn for the feud would help build it, and it would have no repercussion really. (Rumors) Since Ronda is going to be leaving after WrestleMania to start a family (END Rumors), since she’ll be gone, that would mean that when she eventually returns in a year or so’s time, she’ll be back to being a face because “absence makes the heart grow fonder”.

Zak: FACT
    Dog: He put my pinkie finger in his mouth instead … this caused me to drop FACT on the floor, he picked it

DynamiteBillington: OK, so I’m writing this at the last minute before posting, so several weeks after all the other entries. At this point in time, the turn has already taken place as part of the build to WrestleMania so I think it’s unfair for me to be included in the voting.

Final Score: Does the final score matter? The important thing is that Anonymous has to give up alcohol. Let's see what impact that has on his column writing.....

Fuck.

The Brain
    I'm still not sure how you can tell if she's the heel or not.

It’s true. With other wrestlers at least they grow a beard.

Google says its true. The Internet never lies....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...tlane.amp.html

Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar
    I love when a topic goes like this.

Also because the lack of score bothers me a little, it's 3-5 in favour of Fact.

Best of luck giving up drinking Nony, it's a bold claim to make.

(Puts on best Lance Storm voice)

If I can be serious for a minute....

Not sure this has come up in any conversation here before, but I gave up drinking back in April 2000. Had a tattoo done last year on the 18th anniversary. At the time I'd known for a while I needed to cut down & get it under control, but someone called me out on a similar comment to Nony's. They bet me I couldn't do 2 weeks without. 3 days later I lost the bet. That was the final straw and I've never touched a drop since.

But yeah, it's fun when you get to call people out on something they thought was a throw away comment and get a bit of banter going!

Edit: Just thought I'd clarify I'm not saying Nony has a genuine problem like I did/do, there's nothing wrong with enjoying a few drinks. It just felt like an opportune moment to share a bit of personal info with you guys
    Last edited by DynamiteBillington; 1 Week Ago at 04:48 AM.

Hey what do you know. Ronda turned heel in the most convoluted and silly way possible.

Even did a classic 'you people' promo.

@Sir_Samuel

To be fair, Shane's promo last night was the worst heel turn promo, possibly ever, so it made Ronda's look that much better.

The list of turns since Summer Slam would have to be nearing 20 and at least Elias and Dean are on it twice. I guess this is what happens when everything is done on the fly. Craziness.

@Sir_Samuel