Indy MOTY contenders 2018

I thought it might make sense to have a thread where people could just highlight any recent matches they've seen from off the beaten track that they think could be a real contender for the match of the year, and that they want other people to check out.

So yeah... have at it!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Here's my list, per promotions that I have seen!

AAA: Black Danger, Último Maldito, & Mirage vs. Arkángel Divino, Black Destiny, & Genio del Aire 4/20/18 Lucha Libre Worldwide

AJPW: Joe Doering vs. Zeus, AJPW Triple Crown Championship 1/2/18 New Year Wars Day 1

Bar Wrestling: Brian Cage vs. Eli Everfly & Delilah Doom 5/17/18 Aunt May

Beyond Wrestling: Tracy Williams vs. Kimber Lee, PowerbombTV Independent Championship 4/5/18 Lit Up

CHIKARA: Mike Quackenbush vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado, CHIKARA Grand Championship 5/26/18 Aniversario: Heroes Shed No Tears

CMLL: El Barbaro Cavernario vs. Fenix, 2 out of 3 Falls 6/29/18 Super Viernes

Crash: Fenix vs. Flamita 4/6/18 WrestleCon

DDT: Mike Bailey vs. Shuji Ishikawa 1/5/18 D-Ou Grand Prix In Shinjuku

Dragon Gate: Kzy, Genki Horiguchi, & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, & Jason Lee, DG Open the Triangle Gate Championship 5/6/18 Dead or Alive

EVE: Charlie Morgan vs. Sammii Jayne, EVE Championship 5/5/18 Wrestle Queendom

GCW: WALTER vs. Pierre Carl Ouellet 4/6/18 Joey Janela’s Spring Break 2

IWRG: Ricky Marvin vs. Dr Cerebro, 2 out of 3 Falls, Hair vs. Hair 3/25/18 IWRG

Lucha Libre Boom: Ciclope, Miedo Xtremo, & Drastik Boy vs. Alas de Acero, Aramis, & Iron Kid 3/31/18 Lucha Libre Boom

Lucha Memes: Ricky Marvin vs. Keyra 1/7/18 Lucha Memes

Lucha Underground: Fenix vs. Mil Muertes vs. Jeremiah Crane, Casket 6/27/18 Lucha Underground

MDA: LA Park & Cibernetico vs. Blue Demon Jr & El Zorro 4/1/18 MDA

NOVA: Pierre Carl Oullett vs. Arik Royal 6/9/18 Commonwealth Cup Day 2

PWG: Zack Sabre Jr vs. Keith Lee 1/12/18 Mystery Vortex V

PROGRESS: WALTER vs. Timothy Thatcher, PROGRESS Atlas Championship 1/28/18 Fear No More, Come To Dust

RevPro: Zack Sabre Jr vs. Martin Stone, RevPro British Championship 1/7/18 Live at the Cockpit 25

Sendai Girls: Io Shirai vs. Meiko Satomura 4/19/18 Sendai Girls

Stardom: Viper, Io Shirai, AZM, HZK, & Momo Watanabe vs. Kris Wolf, Kagetsu, Natsu Sumire, Hana Kimura, & Tam Nakano, Gauntlet 1/21/18 7th Anniversary

Tokyo Joshi Pro: Miyu Yamashita vs. Reika Saiki, TOKYO Princess of Princess Championship 1/4/18 Tokyo Joshi Pro

WrestleCircus: Scorpio Sky vs. Shane Strickland 2/17/18 The Show Must Go On

wXw: WALTER vs. Ilja Dragnov vs. John Klinger, wXw Championship 3/10/18 16 Carat Gold Day 2 **OR** WALTER vs. Zack Sabre Jr 5/18/18 Das 20 Mal Markthalle

There is no unearthly way that AAA and CMLL, the latter of whom has drawn crowds of over 10K nearly ten times alone this year (including a sell out of Arena Mexico just last week) can be considered indies. Those are top promotions and arguably the #2 and #3 promotions in North America. I'm all for giving them notoriety but they aren't indies. Neither are All Japan, and I'd argue that wXw (which I believe is the largest promotion in its area) and Lucha Underground (which is only on friggin TV!) aren't either.

With all that out of the way, the best match on the indies this year was Marvin-Keyra. At least until I see how good this Fly Star-Toxin match was.

The Brain
    Wasn't trying to make a legal/corporate/popularity point about what promotions should or shouldn't be considered independent, just wanted to share some great matches. Yes, Keyra/Marvin was fantastic.

If All In is included, throw in Cody-Aldis and Penta-Omega.

The Brain
    Without getting sucked into the argument about who funded All In, I'll just say I'm really excited to watch both!

Marty-Okada is getting a lot of love, too. Great story going in and a thread throughout based upon.