Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I believe we're at the point where Steve will toss a coin to decide this one - and if I've read the rules correctly, Rob will make the call since the first chronological vote for me is irrelevant now, and he garnered the second.

I'll take the opportunity before this happens to offer congratulations to both of you for a classic contest. A worthy winner, whichever way it goes.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

So with all due respect, I don't think a coin flip is fair for a double tie. I'd be perfectly fine sharing this.

Much respect to you, Rob. I have been quiet on this, because I wanted you to to speak first, given the situation. But I think that two voting ties in a row means that two people deserve the win, and I would also rather not have this win than get by a coin flip.

LOP's part time glass ceiling DynamiteBillington's Avatar
    I'm with Mystic.
    They want more main page content, why not have two Columnist of the month?
    Both of you deserve it.

I also think this deserves a tie. I'll be honest, I'd like to see an MP collab between Mystic and Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteBillington View Post
    I'm with Mystic.
    They want more main page content, why not have two Columnist of the month?
    Both of you deserve it.
    This

I'm sorry I'm late to this. Story of my life lately. I frankly feel like I'm letting you guys down. That's another conversation for another day, though.

We do, indeed, have a double tie. There's no precedent for that. So I say this...

The win goes to the moderator in charge of the vote. That's me. I'm now an 8 time winner. Suck it.

OK, that's not cool. Sorry I told you to suck it.

We have a double tie. So as far as I'm concerned we have two winners. I mean, what other fair option is there? A coin flip would decide things but fuck, that's arbitrary. This is not an arbitrary contest. It's supposed to be about who's best.

We have two best. Mystic and Rob win. A collaboration would be fucking epic. Separate submissions for main page posting would be awesome. If you both choose to just let this ride and not do either, we're still good. It's not like people have been flocking to take advantage of the main page posting ability as of late, anyhow.

Excellent contest, gents. I love you both. Congratulations. Somewhat ironically, this dual win elevates you both to 6 Time Winners status. That's pretty fucking cool, in my book. Only two people in history have ever won more. To have you two among the (statistically) best 7 writers in this place's history is nothing if not fitting.

We all know the scores so I'm skipping the numbers thing. Just congratulate the winners. It was beyond well earned.

Congrats homies! Both of you have been killing it lately. The CF in general is on a good rip.

Now that winning 6 of these is becoming a regular occurrence, I'm feeling the itch to dust off the 'ol keyboard.

Yeah, I think that's a good call. I'll be honest I never liked co-winners traditionally and was glad to see the back of the automatic split. But when you've been through a run-off and they still can't be split, then I don't think it hurts at all - and I think it'd be hard on whoever was to lose on the flip of a coin.

There's an interesting little pattern here too, as since I won last time and Rob is one of the winners here, that in 50% of our COTM he has won in the contest after one of my victories. I can't imagine that's been replicated too often.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Perfect! Couldn't think of a better way to go out. Love you all

Nice job on your 6 wins with your 6 votes a piece on this 6 day after August 20! Good job to Rob for winning 2 in a row! Good job to Mystic for having put all 3 of his handles in the CF history page for COTM wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Button View Post
    Nice job on your 6 wins with your 6 votes a piece on this 6 day after August 20! Good job to Rob for winning 2 in a row! Good job to Mystic for having put all 3 of his handles in the CF history page for COTM wins!
    Lord have mercy, I am one strange guy, but it's been a fun life so far!

I said it elsewhere, but I think having this extended period was good for the CF right now. Got some eyes on us again. Got some people invested. Thanks to everyone who made themselves part. Whether focused on All In, LU, Ring of Honor, New Japan, WWE, or many other promotions, let's knock out some damn good columns in the back portion of 2018!

The Brain
    Spectacular stuff. Couldn't think of a more perfect ending!

Congratulations, guys!

Ah, well done lads, nice to tie it at the end and congrats to you both!