Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roman Reigns

The Brain
    The master plan is keep jobbing Reigns to Lesnar until people feel sorry for him, DAMMIT!

If they change it to until PT pisses himself laughing they'll have a better chance....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I love that. Every time Roman gets some momentum, there's Brock to beat him.

I mean, I like that sort of story anyway - every Superman needs their Kryptonite - and I'd hoped they were going to do it with Braun, after Fastlane last year Braun pretty much beat Reigns at every opportunity, from Great Balls of Fire to Payback and even a LMS match on Raw. Then they had Roman dispatch Braun in the chamber earlier this year (an admittedly tired Braun) and haven't gone back to the well on it.

I don't really get why they're doing Reigns vs Mahal right now. It flat out doesn't make sense unless they were just hoping that it would improve Roman's reaction for a couple of months.

So apparently it is finally time to have Reigns' coronation at SummerSlam.

Yeah. The moment no one has wanted.

If they're going to push on with it, this is probably better than dragging it out for another Wrestlemania Main Event.

i guess that's one positive in a shit sandwich.

What can I say, I'm an optimist.

Yet, even with Reigns winning at SummerSlam, he will hold the title to WM, and that means another Main Event spot. And that would tie Hogan for the most consecutive WM main events, with 5. And what's worse, is that he will then be only 2 Main events away from tying Hogan's all time record of 7 main events. Now that is just terrible.
    Last edited by Powder; 06-08-2018 at 09:48 AM.

I got an idea, why not give Roman Reigns the belt, and then beat everybody!

Seriously. I hope the WWE does do this. I'm so sick and tired of Vince teasing this, it makes it worse and worse. Either shit or get off the pot. Blow your load and let's all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Yet, even with Reigns winning at SummerSlam, he will hold the title to WM, and that means another Main Event spot. And that would tie Hogan for the most consecutive WM main events, with 5. And what's worse, is that he will then be only 2 Main events away from tying Hogan's all time record of 7 main events. Now that is just terrible.
    The worst part is that not a single of those WM main events was deserved. I think almost every year there was someone more over with a better feud that could, and should, have main evented. Though the first one was a legitimately great match.

Genuine question here. If people feel that strongly about Reigns position on the show, has it affected how much you watch.

And if not... why?

I can honestly say I haven't watched raw in a few weeks. Reigns doesn't interest me. Without pushing him to win, it just feels like the show is stagnate and going no where.

Reigns' position on RAW doesn't affect my viewership, it just makes me continually wonder why Vince, Stephanie, and HHH constantly say that they "listen to the fans" when they clearly do not.

We all know that Reigns is going to beat Lesnar and we are all just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I was just wondering why it didn't. I mean, if you don't like it and not watching is the only way to really effect change, then why keep watching?

Reigns just lost clean in the middle of the ring. When was the last time that happened?

Wrestlemania.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Right. And before that?

Not going to lie, when I hear dueling chants, I get scared. Before it was just Roman hatred, which Vince wouldn't stand for. But like last night when they did the Let's Go Roman/Roman Sucks chant, Roman looked out to the crowd like, "yep, finally, that's what I'm going for!" Vince might see that and just run with it. Roman's not over, but he's over enough for Vince.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Reigns just lost clean in the middle of the ring. When was the last time that happened?
    Can't be bothered to look up which were clean or not, but here's Roman's televised losses in singles matches, no counting DQ or countout or whatever.

Bobby Lashley 7/15/18 Extreme Rules
    Brock Lesnar (Cage) 4/27/18 Greatest Royal Rumble
    Brock Lesnar 4/8/18 Wrestlemania 34
    The Miz 1/29/18 Raw
    The Miz 1/22/18 Raw
    Braun Strowman (Cage) 10/16/17 Raw
    Braun Strowman (LMS) 8/7/17 Raw
    Braun Strowman (Ambulance) 7/9/17 Great Balls of Fire
    Samoa Joe 6/19/17 Raw
    Braun Strowman 4/30/17 Payback
    Samoa Joe 2/6/17 Raw
    Kevin Owens (No DQ) 1/29/17 Royal Rumble
    Kevin Owens 9/12/16 Raw
    Finn Balor 7/25/16 Raw
    Seth Rollins 6/19/16 MITB
    Sheamus (TLC) 12/13/15 TLC
    Sheamus (Cash In) 11/22/15 Survivor Series
    Bray Wyatt 7/19/15 Battleground
    Seth Rollins 3/2/15 Raw
    Big Show 2/2/15 Raw

That's a longer list than I would have expected, though I'm sure a lot of them were screwy victories.

Braun Strowman and Brock own his ass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Braun Strowman and Brock own his ass lol.
    That's always been the thing with Braun, though - he's constantly owned Roman in matches, with the exception being their very first bout (I think it was Fastlane '17?) and the end of Elimination Chamber this year.

It's why I wish they'd have not booked that first match at the time they did - because it was the lead up to Mania 17 so Roman had to go over and Look Strong before facing Taker - and held it off for another month. Not least because Strowman was undefeated at the time, and while it didn't really hurt him long-term it really could have done. It would have been good if they could have found a way out of booking Reigns to win clean over Strowman in the chamber as well, althought that's some into-a-corner booking that they might not be able to work out easily.

But yeah, I think Braun and Roman can be a really big main event storyline if WWE slightly papers over those losses (and the Chamber one is relatively easy to do as Braun ran through everyone else in the match before taking the pin, I guess) and show that Braun is the kryptonite to Reigns' Superman or whatever.
    Last edited by Oliver; 07-20-2018 at 06:32 AM.

He is finally champ. Can we just reset the last 6 months?

I'm really excited to see what he does now he is champ. I am of the opinion that his two best stints have been when he has been defending his position at the the top, after winning the WWE Title at Mania 32 and after beating Taker at Mania 33, making himself a marked man once again.

He had a cracker of a first night as champ on Raw, the opening segment was really fun and the main even was positively raucous. You can only imagine just how motivated he must be to put the stinker of a feud with Lesnar behind him and make going through all that worth it in the end.

Almost makes me want to find a way to watch Raw and not just read the results for once.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Almost makes me want to find a way to watch Raw and not just read the results for once.
    Last Monday was probably one of the best Raws they've had in a long time. It feels like they actually have a formula down that they can work with. I've hated the whole Lesnar/Reigns thing. It wouldn't be so bad if both characters weren't just unlikable. Like, Lesnar is cool, but they keep him off TV which makes us resent him. Reigns can wrestle and do his job well, but they shove him down our throats and made us resent him. It was a real shit show for a while.

But with Lesnar's departure, the title back on Raw, and Reigns FINALLY moving on with his personal story, I think Monday nights are in a good spot.

I'm actually excited again.

It ALMOST feels like there are hints of the attitude era with Strauman running around flipping things over too. Ha ha

I need more of Gulak yelling “you don’t run things around here no more!” into the face of Roman Reigns and then slapping him.

Reigns in his current ego field badass form works incredibly well as a center piece of the product, the reactions he gets are always huge and thy can use the negativity he gets to elevate other performers. It worked with Styles in 2016 and with Braun last year. I think they are probably going to try it with Drew McIntyre next and hopefully come early 2019 they will use it to make the Shield Triple Threat something huge at Mania.

Don't really hear so much anymore, but the last thing I heard was that they were still having security actively confiscate anti-Roman signs at events?

I remember when that was something WCW would do and it was 'one of the reasons we won the war'....

What is wrong with signs now? Back in the Attitude Era up to 206ish all we saw were signs. I get you want to keep them PG, I am completely OK with confiscating signs that are offensive, but what is wrong with the WWE allowing fans to express themselves?

DUMB!

The whole point is that they said WCW took away signs that didn't suit the narrative, and now they take away inoffensive signs critical of their top guy.

It's a level of protection even Cena didn't get, so far as I know.

Has anyone sat down to work out how many more over people have been ignored and ruined for Reigns? I wonder if it's in double figures yet.