Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Roman Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    I imagine people will say this doesn't count, but if you include DQ finishes you could add RVD to the list....
    When did RVD get a victory over Undertaker?

Also, didn't CM Punk have a victory over Brock Lesner or am I misremembering? He has a win over Taker, too, but in screwy fashion at Breaking Point 2009.
    Last edited by LifeLostInRewind; 06-11-2019 at 09:01 AM.

RVD beat him on RAW in 2001.

I don't think Punk has ever beaten Lesnar, bit someone with a better knowledge of the more recent stuff could probably speak more authoritatively.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Pretty sure Punk and Lesnar has just the one match at SummerSlam ‘13 and Brock won.

No, to the best of my recollection, and some searching, Punk never beat Lesnar.

EDIT:

So the list is:

Reigns
    HHH
    Angle
    Show
    RVD via some DQs

If he hadn't died there's a good chance we'd have added Eddie Guerrero to the list, but I don't think he ever got the win over Undertaker? I think it would have happened eventually, given they both spent most of their time on Smackdown.

When did Eddie beat Cena? Was it before he became "John Cena", what I mean, prior to 2005?
    Last edited by Powder; 06-11-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Given that Eddie died in 2005, I expect so. I think he beat him a bunch of times in 2003, when he was still heel rapper Cena.

Eddie died in 2005? It was that long ago...shit, I didn’t realize that. I thought he was around for the rise of “John Cena”.

Yeah it doesn't feel as if it was that long ago does it?

No it doesn't. It feels a lot closer...but to that effect, does it feel like Reigns and Rollins (and Ambrose) have been on the main roster for just about 7 years? November will be 7 years!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    If he hadn't died there's a good chance we'd have added Eddie Guerrero to the list, but I don't think he ever got the win over Undertaker? I think it would have happened eventually, given they both spent most of their time on Smackdown.
    Eddie and Undertaker to my knowledge never had a 1 on 1 bout, ever. The closest was a fatal four way match involving Booker T and JBL for the WWE title at Armageddon 2004, which JBL won due to interference from Heidenrich. However, I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    When did Eddie beat Cena? Was it before he became "John Cena", what I mean, prior to 2005?
    I know of one instance which Eddie did beat Cena and that was on an episode of Smackdown in a parking lot brawl.

Quick search reveals they had a little run on house shows a few months before Eddie's death, but yeah, nothing on TV and PPV.

Again, I still think it probably happens eventually if time weren't cut short.

Maybe. I feel like towards the end of 2005, they were turning Eddie back into a full fledged face. I feel like an Undertaker/Eddie Guerrero feud would have been perfect for Summerslam, but they stretched out the Rey Mysterio feud a bit too long, imo. I couldn't see Eddie Guerrero going over Undertaker, though.

Just bumping to say that if they are going forward with the rumored Shane McMahon wwe title run, it is quite genius of them to do that since we all know Roman will inevitably be involved in the wwe title picture t some point. Why is this smart? Because it puts the wwe universe in a position where they have to want Roman to win the belt since no one wants shane to have a long run with the title.

Or, you know, people shit all over it just like they did with the Brock/Roman feud over the Universal title.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Or, you know, people shit all over it just like they did with the Brock/Roman feud over the Universal title.
    I doubt they will shit over it with Roman Reigns having that cancer scare. They might start shitting over it if it's dragged out, which hopefully is not the case.

I do kind of feel that Roman should be capable of literally Superman Punching Shane's face off and onto the face of someone in the crowd, though.

The difference with Shane being involved here and, for example, Vince being involved in the Attitude Era is that Vince clearly had some level of strength and fitness to him. Shane seems to have no cardio conditioning whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    I doubt they will shit over it with Roman Reigns having that cancer scare. They might start shitting over it if it's dragged out, which hopefully is not the case.
    Roman is already getting more split reactions. Flat out booing him is small, but his opponents are getting cheered more and more. I think WWE is losing the good will of the cancer scare, and they need to be careful with booking Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Roman is already getting more split reactions. Flat out booing him is small, but his opponents are getting cheered more and more. I think WWE is losing the good will of the cancer scare, and they need to be careful with booking Roman.
    Ah, I didn't know anything about that. I read the results because I haven't been able to catch much of it on TV. I do think Roman chasing the title from Shane (if it does come to that) will get him cheered a little more at least temporarily.

Unfortunately for Roman I'm not sure you can ever get rid of the stink that was his booking before the cancer scare. Right up until the exact moment he announced he was receiving treatment (we forget that he was actually booed during that segment) Roman was in a multi-year stretch where he mostly received negative reactions, largely because the WWE only got the booking of him right a handful of times during that stretch. And WWE was actively trying to make him the guy; that was their best foot forward! No matter what improvements Roman made or the goodwill he received from his illness, you cannot erase that late 2014 to late 2018 stretch; it will always be hanging over him unless some life changing angle involving him occurs. I think it's a big reason he hasn't made a difference since returning. I know a lot of people (including Vince as he specifically stated Roman's absence was a reason for declining business at the Q1 conference call) thought that Roman returning would be huge, forgetting that he didn't really move the needle (business wise) before he left because he had been mishandled so poorly. You're seeing that's still the case now I'd reckon, and to boot it doesn't seem like his creative has changed much. Put all that together and we were always going to wind up here barring a change, which doesn't appear to have happened.

It's a true shame, because Roman Reigns is an amazing wrestler. And when he's booked right, he's a true star. I feel like this angle with Shane is merely so they can subtly say "he isn't unstoppable Super Roman anymore", while still having him bowl over everyone not name Shane.

I also think his lack of involvement in the WWE Title scene is what's hurting Kofi. Kofi is going over a bunch of guys who wouldn't last a match with Reigns, nevermind a having any momentum in a feud.

The tag match coming up is really the only Roman match I've been truly excited for since Wrestlemania, and it's because of his booking.

I watched that Tacoma PPV, I don't know if anyone actually paid attention to reactions, but he was pretty much cheered the whole match.

Not saying he's ever gonna be purely liked, but there do seem to be cracks in the hate train. Good.
    Last edited by Macho Mourn; 07-01-2019 at 01:49 PM.

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Yes, vs Shane, no one gets booed. But I think that's why Shane was moved into the angle with Roman, because Shane is the only person who can keep Roman completely face at this point. They will need to be careful.

They had the perfect opportunity to refresh his look, character, entrance music, etc. when he made his return from cancer recovery but did nothing. He went right back to where he was basically.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
    They had the perfect opportunity to refresh his look, character, entrance music, etc. when he made his return from cancer recovery but did nothing. He went right back to where he was basically.
    Read once that he once asked Vince for a change in gear and Vince said no. Not sure if that's true or not.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

That Reigns segment was the shits huh?

Quote Originally Posted by For the love of Terry Funk View Post
    That Reigns segment was the shits huh?
    I don't really get any of it - it was very weirdly filmed, but also WWE just put it down to a bad forklift driver which doesn't really make you interested. Like, nobody's sat at home thinking 'ooh, yeah, I wonder which member of the backstage ring crew accidentally left the handbrake off on a forklift', are they?

EDIT: It's Rikishi, isn't it?
    Last edited by Oliver; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:11 AM.

I really, really fucking hope so. Only Rikishi can drive a car that recklessly. For the Rock hopefully.

The car segment was awful, but not as bad as Seth’s really strange walk to the ring. I get he’s selling an injury but that was weird. Promo after the beatdown wasn’t much better either.