Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'The Lasskicker' - Becky Lynch Thread

I hope Becky losing at Summerslam is the start of a Becky heel turn.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    I hope Becky losing at Summerslam is the start of a Becky heel turn.
    I've seen a lot of people on social media unhappy with Charlotte's inclusion into the SD Title match. However it's clear from the TV that this is still a very Becky-centric story. Even if Asuka is added in this week to make it a 4-way, it's still Becky's story. It may not result in a title win for her, but it will be interesting going forward.

I think there might not be as many "bookends" at Summerslam for all the women's matches to be honest. With Evolution a couple months away, I imagine creative are more likely to see that PPV as the more story concluding event.
    Summerslam & Takeover Brooklyn IV Review Show

I actually love the way they went about adding Charlotte to that match because it works completely with their characters. Becky's always going to be the one who had to struggle to get her opportunities - it's even in her background story, starting to train at 15/16, travelling around Europe at 18/19, getting to America at around the same sort of time, working hard to make it to WWE. And then to even get a chance at a title shot she had to beat a procession of opponents and the champ herself.

Meanwhile Charlotte got hired because of her surname, with no wrestling experience, and has had everything handed to her ever since. She was the first horsewoman to the NXT title, the first to get title shots after they were all called up, she's had opportunities with both the Raw and Smackdown titles, she's headlined Raws and pay per views. All because of her surname. And then she returns from injury and is immediately given an opportunity again without having to earn it.

It's a great divide between the two of them.

Now, I think the right step here is to turn Charlotte rather than Becky, and make her an entitled, up her own backside heel. That then gives her a clear character going in to a future match with Rousey, which rumour has it is scheduled for Mania 35, and gives that match a proper hook to get the crowd invested.

We've already seen heel Charlotte and to be quite frank, I'm sick of seeing Charlotte in general being the focal point of the women's division. Becky has been floundering around and like Bayley, she is stale and needs a character overhaul. This is the perfect excuse to turn Becky and give her that character overhaul.

We've already seen heel Charlotte and to be quite frank, I'm sick of seeing Charlotte in general being the focal point of the women's division. Becky has been floundering around and like Bayley, she is stale and needs a character overhaul. This is the perfect excuse to turn Becky and give her that character overhaul.
    Agreed.

I wish WWE did more with Asuka than being used as someone to put over other female talents tbh.

Get used to it. She's not going anywhere but the top of the card, no matter where she is.

Nothing in here since the heel turn?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Becky is doing the best work of her WWE career since the heel turn. Her promos are good and meaningful. She is not stumbling or trying too hard.

Her explanation of why she did what she did to Charlotte, may have actually been Becky voicing her true frustrations about Charlotte and the WWE.

If the term Pipebomb, hasn't been thrown around since Punk, and then AJ Lee's Pipebombshell, then this may have been considered the most real promo in the past few years. AND in my opinion, it was the best, sincere, shoot promo the WWE has had since Punk in 2011, but it was lost because it was on Smackdown and given by Becky. But every word rang true, and the audience responded with..."yeah, that's true". And still the audience is behind Becky because they feel for her. Her heel turn wasn't a true heel turn, it was just Becky getting frustrated that everything is about Charlotte, and where is her opportunity?

Below is the transcript of her explanation. and it's good.

I don’t understand what people are saying to me when they say, ‘well done,’ because I went in there with the intention of winning the title and I currently do not have a title. And I have been burning a hole through the Women’s Division on SmackDown Live for the past few months and then Charlotte shows up and she gets handed a title opportunity and opportunistic as ever when I had that match won, she snuck in and she stole my victory from me one more time. And again she gets handed the gold and I’m left on the sidelines.

So okay the crowd the cheered, but what does that mean when I haven’t accomplished anything? And I’m left there with one title while she’s had seven - maybe eight if you count NXT - I’m supposed to be satisfied with that? I’m supposed to be happy with that? That’s not enough for me.

I appreciate that they wanted to see me win, but I didn’t get the gold and I think I’ve been preoccupied too much by keeping people on my side. And that hasn’t done me any favors. I have to re-evaluate everything and re-evaluate what I was putting my priorities on. And if that was getting the crowd on my side, if that was getting a friend on my side? Then I’ve been doing it wrong, because there’s one reason why I came to WWE and that was to be great and I’m not achieving that.

So I have to look at everything, and look at the fact that I’m not on the front of the posters all the time. I’m not on the front of the DVDs. And why is that? It’s certainly not because of me. Because I have been working my ass off the entire time I’ve been here. I haven’t dropped the ball once. But any time that Charlotte Flair shows up, then it’s all about her. It’s all about her.

When I was the first woman drafted to SmackDown Live, this show was entirely about me. This show was entirely about me. That title was built because of me. Because the people wanted me to have a championship. Because I deserved it. And because Charlotte Flair had stolen it from me, time and time again, when it was the Divas Title, or when it was the Women’s Title and before there was a brand split. And then of course she gets drafted to SmackDown Live and again, it becomes all about her.

In 2017, I had one title match and that was at WrestleMania and it was a six-way? I haven’t been given a fair shot at all. I am the best on this roster, both Raw and SmackDown and I’ve proven that time and time again yet I don’t get the opportunity.

Why is that? Is it because I’m not blonde enough? Is that it? Is it because I don’t have enough enhancements? Is that it? I’m treated like the red-headed stepchild of the entire Women’s Division. Yet I have proved time and time again that I am the moneymaker. That I am the person that people will tune in to see. That they will care about. That they want to see me win.

Yet it’s being stolen from me every single time.

She’s there crying about how it’s lonely at the top, well it’s not gonna be lonely for very much longer because I’m climbing to the top and I’m gonna break her jaw.
    Last edited by Powder; 09-13-2018 at 12:22 PM.

"Because I'm not blonde enough, because I don't have enough enhancements"

Damn...

I agree with your assessment that this is the best work of her career so far and it is the most high profile angle she has been in since Mania 32.

@Sir_Samuel

Sometimes I wish the WWE would let things play out and see how it fleshes out before making long term plans. I would hate to see Becky Lynch get the same kind of treatment that Braun Strowman got when he was getting red hot. Because of long term Mania plans with Roman, Braun's momentum cooled at a time where they should have pulled the trigger on him and changed course. I understand that Charlotte could go to RAW and leave Lynch Smackdown all to herself, but I have a feeling they don't want her to lose and having Lynch cheat to win really contradicts her mission.

Let Lynch grow til Mania and let Charlotte counteract and do the same. There's more layers to Charlotte/Lynch that need to be told.. let them entertain us and if it's Becky in the end who seems like the better fit- then let her get Rousey. Not EVERYTHING has to be set in stone 9 months in advace without letting stuff flesh out. I hate that about the WWE. Competition is good, even in the scripted format. Let people impress you.

I'm not going to lie. I find Becky Lynch a hell of a lot more attractive than Charlotte Flair. I am also liking this heel run of hers, but if they do a double turn, I won't be happy. I think this heel turn is exactly the way to freshen Becky's character.

I’m normally not for hot potatoing the belt but I think in this case it would be excellent if Becky won it even just for one ppv cycle. It sets her up as a threat long term and pays off the character and story a bit.

@Sir_Samuel

Aside from the very small amount of 'I'm not doing this to please you people anymore' in that Becky promo, that's one hundred percent a fiery face promo. 100%. I'm sorry, it just is.

Roll with me for a second, but imagine a scenario in early 2014 where Daniel Bryan and Triple H are having a promo-off in the middle of the ring. And if that comes out of Daniel Bryan's mouth, people are going to cheer like shit for it.

They are literally begging for me to cheer for Becky when she's out cutting promos like that.

I think there's also a bit of Roman-itis setting in about Charlotte. More than a whiff of 'when Charlotte's not on screen, everyone should be talking about Charlotte' to it all, and WWE are clearly super invested in her being on top of the women's division regardless of show or other talent - and people are getting bored of that. And Becky is throwing out massive truths like the above, and it's relateable to a lot of the audience because they're seeing exactly what she's saying being played out in the way WWE treat Charlotte and the way they've used Becky.

I want Becky to be champion, and to subsequently hold that title through her rematch. And then let's see Becky get set up against someone new at a main event level and let Charlotte be the person who's down the card giving shine to people like the IIconics, or Naomi, or Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose.

Thing is, I don't think they're going to do that. Because of the rumoured Rousey match at Mania 35, they're going to continue with her at the top of the program until they can run that face off, probably do it title for title too. And what does that mean?

It means everything that Becky is saying is right.

Charlotte should have been a cockier than ever heel bragging about cementing her legacy after beating Asuka instead of all that Carmella stuff we had to deal with that amounted to nothing and made nobody better.

This is a tough spot for Lynch because it definitely does feel a lot like 2017 Braun Strowman getting hot and having to deal with Reigns and Lesnar's long term plans being in place with the Rousey/Charlotte rumors. How do you keep Charlotte strong and not derail Lynch? How do you distance these two from each other eventually if that's the plan? Is distancing from each other even the right move? Do you throw Asuka in at some point to be fodder for someone? Is that even the right move?

Yeah, the wwe did book themselves in a corner here.

Not necessarily. Becky is as hot as hell right now. It's exactly the same as Strowman, and the answer is the same as Strowman - you change the plan.

Becky Vs Rousey at Mania with both titles on the line, or champion Vs champion.

It's that simple.

but it's not that simple because they wont change the plan, thus subjecting lynch to the same halt in momentum that she may never get back. Hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Not necessarily. Becky is as hot as hell right now. It's exactly the same as Strowman, and the answer is the same as Strowman - you change the plan.

Becky Vs Rousey at Mania with both titles on the line, or champion Vs champion.

It's that simple.
    I'm sure that's something most of us would book, but this is WWE we're talking about. The company that completely derailed Asuka, contradicted themselves on Rousey earning herself the title match etc. You're giving them a little too much credit.

It is that simple, though - the fact that WWE (likely) won't do it doesn't make the answer less straightforward.

Anyway, I'm really glad they've made Becky champion now. And the crowd loved it, by and large.

But for how long?

Just giving this a bump because Becky is getting rave reviews and still holds the title.

They could do with leaving it on someone, honestly. That belt has averaged five different reigns a year since it's creation. If Becky can stay popular, I say let her run with it.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yeah, but Asuka is going to take it at Mania. I'd bet on it.

I'm interested to see what happens at and after Survivor Series with Becky. For a start, she'll be up against someone who, unlike Charlotte, most fans don't seem to have turned off of yet in Ronda. Going further, Ronda rarely looks in trouble in her title matches for me, even when she is theoretically on the back foot.

If Becky gets good reactions during the match plus does something not dissimilar to what AJ did against Brock last year and looks strong and good in defeat, I think that would suggest WWE maybe being more behind her than we perhaps think. And a lot of that will probably be down to her recent crowd reactions and work, which has been top drawer - her two promos on Smackdown this week, the one before the Nikki reveal and the backstage one, were excellent.

I can certainly see her getting to Mania with the belt. What I can't do is work out what happens between now and then. The Charlotte stuff seems done, although the 'finding her smile' or whatever angle they're doing with her does seem to end up back at Becky's door where she overcomes that challenge to put herself back on top. But I'm not sure who the immediate possible challengers are on Smackdown - everyone seems in a bit of a holding pattern.

The only two options I can think of are Asuka and Naomi, but I don't think either has done much in singles competition recently? Could be a good set of matches with either one of them, though.

Well she got a booming reaction tonight. You are right though, it will be interesting to see if she keeps her level of popularity when she is facing wrestlers not quite as heavily favoured as Charlotte or Rhonda.

I'm just gona put this pic here:

Any idea how she got so busted up? Flukey occurrence but it only adds to her already massive levels of badassery.

@Sir_Samuel

She's the GREATEST. I think she got busted by accident when she and Nia were jostling in the corner.

If WWE leaned into this reaction, I genuinely think they could create a real star in Lynch. They're fast approaching Austin pre-Hart levels here, and if they can find themselves a foil (which I genuinely thought would be Charlotte, but whatever) they could rocket her to the top level in the company, male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    She's the GREATEST. I think she got busted by accident when she and Nia were jostling in the corner.

If WWE leaned into this reaction, I genuinely think they could create a real star in Lynch. They're fast approaching Austin pre-Hart levels here, and if they can find themselves a foil (which I genuinely thought would be Charlotte, but whatever) they could rocket her to the top level in the company, male or female.
    I posted this in the Live Discussion thread last night after RAW, so I posted it here b/c it is relevant, and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I hope that Vince calls an audible and allows Becky to go over Rousey. When Rousey came out in the opening segment, she was not greeted with cheers, she was greeted with Becky chants. Then when Becky attacks, the crowd loved it, then when Becky was by herself on the ramp, she was cheered again. And finally when she hit Rousey with the chair she was cheered.

Becky can be the awesome antihero, if the WWE will let her become that. The crowd is behind her, and her character is perfect for it.
    But you are correct, Becky is one of those wrestlers that the crowd wants so badly to become the star, like Austin did in the mid 90s, Punk did in the late aughts and early teens, and Bryan did in the mid teens.

Becky is exactly what the crowd wants, a hard worker who is doing everything on her own to get over. Letting her personality come through and using it to further her character. The crowd sees that and is really behind her. She is the exact opposite of Roman Reigns, Charlotte Flair, and to an extent Ronda Rousey. As Becky has said, she is NOT handpicked by the company to become the next face of it. She had to work her ass off to get where she is. No one is questioning the work that Rousey is doing, but she and the WWE ARE biting off her Name that was established outside of the WWE.

Rousey is different than Angle and Lesnar, because, while they both were extremely talented and successful athletes prior to the WWE, they were both prodigies in wrestling. Rousey is clearly NOT a prodigy, BUT she is an extremely hard worker, and is constantly improving every day, but she is no where near capable of carrying a match by herself. Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, and Nikki Bella all carried Rousey through their matches. Rousey was NOT bad, but you can definitely see that she is still very green.

Becky has been wrestling since 2002, and is finally getting her chance to shine. Let her. Have this match with Rousey be exactly what it should be, a great match with a completely Dusty Finish. If the WWE is hell bent on keeping Rousey looking strong and do not want her to lose, then they MUST also protect Becky right now. They best way to do this IMO, which will make people unhappy, but it will protect both is; to have the match about 15 minutes long where Becky carries Rousey to a great match. Then towards the end of the match Becky gets the upper hand, and locks Rousey into the DisArmHer and it looks like Rousey will tap, but then Becky's next opponent (insert name here - suggestion: Sonya Deville or better yet, Shayna Baszler) runs in and costs Becky the match. (Like the Shield's debut).

This keeps everyone safe. Rousey would have lost, but she didn't. Becky should have won, but she didn't. AND Becky's focus is now on the woman who cost her the match and sets up the next feud.
    Last edited by Powder; 6 Days Ago at 08:52 AM.

You know what Powder, I'd probably go with an almost identical style of booking with Ronda vs Lynch. Survivor Series is the perfect time to set things in motion for WrestleMania, so in my mind a screwy finish would be absolutely perfectly fine. With the final goal to once again arrive at Rousey vs Lynch later down the road but on a bigger stage (and preferably in the main event of whichever stage it may be).

That said, I expect them to just simply put Rousey over and this final RAW may have been setting her as somewhat of an underdog with the damage done by Lynch. However, I'd say that would be the complete wrong road to go down and there's a strong chance Rousey could start to get the Charlotte Flair treatment in reaction to the continued dominance.

So yeah, nothing wrong with a dusty finish in the middle of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    They best way to do this IMO, which will make people unhappy, but it will protect both is; to have the match about 15 minutes long where Becky carries Rousey to a great match. Then towards the end of the match Becky gets the upper hand, and locks Rousey into the DisArmHer and it looks like Rousey will tap, but then Becky's next opponent (insert name here - suggestion: Sonya Deville or better yet, Shayna Baszler) runs in and costs Becky the match. (Like the Shield's debut).
    Honestly, if they really wanted to - having Shayna, Shafir, and Duke interfere for Ronda would lead into the best story they could do right now. They won't - I'm not even sure how much Shafir and Duke have worked to date in NXT - but the storyline is right there and kind of begging to be told eventually with those four vs the NXT four. I'm honestly not sure they'll ever fire the gun on that one, though.

Word going around that the Lynch/ Rousey match is off due to Becky getting a black eye last night. Really sucks if true.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Word going around that the Lynch/ Rousey match is off due to Becky getting a black eye last night. Really sucks if true.
    Yeah just posted that in the SS thread as well. I think, while disappointing, it heats up the rivalry a bit more. Not sure how you can have either woman lose to be honest.

Here is an article with a pretty good fan video of it. Nia clocked her bloody hard. No worse than what say Brock did to Braun at the Rumble but still not a good look.

https://lordsofpain.net/update-on-ro...ideo-from-raw/

I really hope this doesn't end with her being stripped of the title. Even though it would be a great story of her fighting back the fan backlash would be immense.

@Sir_Samuel

It could wind up being a blessing in disguise for her and WWE, provided what comes next of course. Rousey vs. Becky was a big time match no doubt but as Trips said a few times already neither one of them could really afford to lose now, and WWE's track record of finishing matches in a way to protect everyone involved has a tendency to not work out. Now you can save it till Mania. That's the right place to do the match anyway given Ronda's star power and how hot Becky has gotten, and the match getting postponed now allows you to keep building to that big stage, while also giving you ample time to decide who goes over. In theory, WWE could wind up with an even bigger match than the one they planned for Sunday if they want it. The fear of course is whether WWE does want it or if they're still so set on Ronda vs. Charlotte. It'll be interesting to see what direction they go, because they might really have something in Becky if they play their cards right.

Regardless of how that turns out, I can't imagine how things work out for Nia Jax going forward. My understanding is that this is now the fifth time (at least) she's injured someone, and now she's put one of the bigger matches WWE had going in jeopardy. Obviously it was an accident and the hate she's going to get will go too far (sadly I've heard she's already getting death threats) but I can't see how WWE continues to give her any sort of push. She should at least be taken off the road until she can work safely, and if WWE fired her it honestly wouldn't be something egregious. When shit like this keeps happening, you have to face some sort of consequences.

It's officially off due to a "broken face" lol

They showed the replay, makes the think that Nia should be the first in line for a Lasskicking when Becky is ready. Book it now for .

I think you are right Cult, in the long term this could be best. I'm not looking forward to the vitriol that is already erupting around the place. You should see the main page comment threads. Not pretty.

It is a chance for the WWE to truly strike while the iron is hot. Over the last few years they seem to have been paralysed by long term plans at the main event level and it hasn't made anyone happy. I'm all for long term planning rather than booking on the fly to create a coherent narrative but when something like this falls out of the sky you just need to roll with it.
    Last edited by SirSam; 5 Days Ago at 09:19 PM.

@Sir_Samuel

So in the space of three weeks Tamina dropped Zelina in her face and Nia clocked Becky. Both ended in concussions.

I'm just happy they didn't have her drop the belt.

While not intentional, this is a good way to protect Becky from losing to Ronda. Kinda jumps the gun on the Ronda and Charlotte feud that was assumed for Mania, but what can you do?

Does the uneasy truce with Charlotte hint at where they could be taking this? I know I've said it already, but hear me out:

Raw ended with Sasha and Bayley getting attacked by the women on their own roster. Meanwhile on Smackdown their two friends are showing themselves to be at a truce. So what if - and like I say, I know I've said this - Survivor Series ends (and is main evented by) Ronda vs Charlotte. Baszler, Shafir, and Duke turn up to help Ronda win. Becky comes down to fight alongside Charlotte. And then Bayley and Sasha help the two of them repel the other four.

You turn Becky face, you have Ronda go heel just because of who she's getting help from and against, and then you spin that into a four on four match for somewhere down the line - it could be held off until Mania with a bit of careful booking, or just have it at TLC - personally I see the former rather than the latter.

I just feel like this is going to happen somewhere. I have no proof for it other than Becky not snapping Charlotte's arm on sight on Smackdown. But I think this could work and give them a big Mania match.

I mean...they could've legit do any other match but that one. The WWE has a whole roster of women they could've used to put Ronda over this Sunday. Not all of them would've been good choices but they were there; the only one I don't think WWE couldn't have done was Nia because of how bad it would look for her to go from injuring Becky to getting a title shot. Using Charlotte was definitely short sighted. It's a positive in the sense that I can't imagine they do Charlotte-Ronda over Becky-Ronda at Mania now, but it does take away the option of having Charlotte-Ronda again for the first time if something goes wrong there AND, most importantly, it's a big match being given away with little to no build (and also one that can't be rehearsed long term like Ronda's other big matches supposedly have been). I know people liked the Finn-AJ match from last year that was put together on short notice, but all it wound up being was a good match that didn't do much of anything for either guy, largely cause it was empty calories. This feels like the same; it's a big match put together for the sake of filling a hole, with no thought of how it'll affect things going forward.

Thing is Cult, if they put anybody else against Ronda - what's the draw? It's hard to see, for example, Ronda vs Mandy Rose being seen as a good replacement for Ronda vs Becky, no?

The only other option would have been Ronda vs Asuka, but again that's a match that could (should) be high profile and not done on short notice.

I'm inclined to think there's a reason why it's Charlotte, and that the reason will work in terms of the longer storyline they're telling with her, Ronda, Becky and any associated act. Which is why I keep coming back to that story above. If you have face NXT Horsewomen who aren't being dippy babyfaces and actually have all these reasons to be together and against everyone else - and heck, you can run Becky being pulled out of the match into the story if you really want, not to mention WWE (kayfabe) forcing Bayley and Sasha to therapy they didn't need and (shoot) spoiling everything they worked for. You can then run them against an entitled ass heel MMA Four Horsewomen who think they should just have the opportunities handed to them - and in turn the NXT Horsewomen can claim they made the revolution in WWE count only to be trampled over by people jumping on their bandwagon and pushing them down the card. Becky's struggles to get to the top come into it...for me it all works so well with these characters and the world WWE has created.

I will seriously love it if they go with that angle on the whole thing.

Obviously that would work. Do I have any faith WWE would tell it the way you would want? Absolutely none. The last compelling story WWE told that wasn't in their "developmental" promotion (prior to this Becky angle of course) was Daniel Bryan's run to Wrestlemania, and that was only after they fell ass backwards into it and had no choice. Hell, according to my sources, this is the promotion that the last two nights had Charlotte and Becky work together and then had them hug after many months of feuding. That's not angle killing stuff and I could very easily just be spoiled from watching other promotions that pay more attention to little things like that, but stuff like that tells me WWE still doesn't quite get it. And until I see it fully played out otherwise I won't believe it.

But forget that. I hear you in that Charlotte vs. Ronda is a more appealing option than anything else on such short notice. But that's the problem with this match of itself; you're giving it away on short notice with no build. This is/was a potential mega match down the line and while WWE will certainly do it again, you only get one shot to do it once. This is one of the things that constantly annoys me when someone like Pen briefs me about what WWE is doing these days. How many big matches have been give away for free on Smackdown, or on events like Charlotte vs. Ronda and Bryan vs. Brock will be, with minimal to no build? This is the same thing WCW used to get killed for all the time back in the day. I get that it's a different era and you no longer need to draw PPV buys (although judging from pictures of WWE attendance these days, I'd say they could use help drawing people to the seats), but you still want matches to feel special. Doing them on a moment's notice or doing them on TV like they've done so many matches makes the actual important matches feel less unique and also makes these matches not as good as they could be. Imagine Bryan vs. Brock with a proper build. Or Charlotte vs. Ronda. Or Finn vs. AJ, which was cool at the time last year but now is just another match that happened and really did nothing for either guy. I'm sure WWE doesn't try that because they themselves have no faith in booking something compelling these days, but still; hot shotting matches isn't the answer either. And that's what they're doing with Charlotte-Ronda. Another match may not be as good or compelling in name value, but I'd rather go with something like Ronda-Mandy Rose or Ronda-Peyton Royce on short notice than a match that could be something on short notice. You're not wasting anything doing those matches with no build. You are doing Ronda and Charlotte, at least in my view.

^ Completely agree. Now, that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it or that I don't think its a good option (maybe even the best option), but they had other options. They could've inserted Ronda into the Survivors Match and been done with it, for one.

And what's maybe most interesting, to me at least, is that when The Network began, there were some of us who believed the WWE might be less likely to hotshot main events over time because, unlike trying to sell fans a big show for $39.99 every month or whatever the cost was (meaning they theoretically had to promote fresh main events 12 months a year and would burn through them), at $9.99/month, they could buy some time and not have as much pressure - especially as attendance figures, from what I understand, were fairly strong for PPV events (for example, if you pick a random PPV from 2014-2017, based on the venue's capacity, they could consistently draw a minimum of 8k in a mid-sized city and 10k in a bigger one). The theory was that we'd see more risk-taking, less reliance on the aging vets like Taker and HHH, and maybe some old concepts brought back, like the KOTR, because they didn't need the audience to purchase every show - they needed the audience to renew their subscription every 12 months and not cancel.