Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It could be if you went the route of TO

Transgender Terror
    Don't be a hater, Powder.

Not a hater, just jealous...but

menadi....you do have a point....

Can I just say that I identify as female for the hook up purposes?

Transgender Terror
    Don't be a hater, I said. That is straight up haterism right there.

TO...you should know that there is no haterism in me. We did have some conversations....

But I am sorry if I offended you. Seriously.

Transgender Terror
    I dock you 20 hater points.

It's okay, Iken has lost ike 50,000 by now

They're now the longest reigning Women's Tag Team Title holders. Worship them!

Transgender Terror
    I already do, Ollie!

Yes T.O.! Internet high fives for us, because we are *gestures* Iiiiiconic!

In my best comic book guy voice....Worst Tag Team Ever.

You're wrong, get your negativity out of our positive thread, Poweder.

I'll say something positive about them. Peyton Royce is really hot.

They do need to lose the belts, though. They're not exactly bring prestige to them.

Transgender Terror
    Get that negativity out of here, we said!

I believe that they have a place in the tag division, but Sasha is right. She fought for so long to get a Women’s Tag division, and then they got it, and she won the titles with Bayley. Then Vince goes and slaps them in the face, by having the worst Tag Team on the roster (men or women) win the belts at WM.

The IIconincs cannot wrestle all that great, but they can use the mic to ge themselves over. They should still be in NXT, honing their craft to look like actual wrestlers. If not, then they could actually be the first co-managers of someone who can’t really talk...Nia...Tamina...Apollo...etc

But the IIconincs should not be the representation of the Women’s Tag division. They are a joke of a team, but they do have a place. People jumped on me because I said that the 24/7 title is a joke, but they said that it has a place. Fine. The IIconics are a joke, but that doesn’t mean they always will be. They remind me of a very green Miz. Good on the mic, no street cred, but given time, they could blossom into major players, just like Miz did. But they have to improve their ring work and their overall presentation.
    Last edited by Powder; 06-05-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Sasha doesn't have an issue with the IIconics though. Unless you're listening to bullshit Ryan Satin spews.

The team isn't great in ring but perfectly fine as characters and honestly its worse to have the titles on people that wrestle great matches and not have them on tv than those that can't really go in the ring . At least it doesn't feel like the IIconics are being wasted (even though they are a bit lol )

They may not be being wasted but the tag titles sure as hell are. And that's the problem here; WWE already had way too many belts as is, added these tag belts and within months they mean nothing. Maybe that would've happened anyway but it directly correlates with them giving the titles to two performers who are quite frankly better off just doing skits. You don't need titles to do the wacky stuff they do. It just makes the whole introduction of the women tag team title's a waste of time, and makes you wonder why it was even an idea to begin with.

I also hate to bring more bad news but it's not going to get better for Peyton or Billie in the ring. Yes they're both quite young (29 and 26 respectively) but they've also been wrestling for over a decade, more than enough time to be at a level higher than they're at now. It's also not like they were trained in the WWE system; their trainers were Madison Eagles, one of the best women's wrestlers ever, and Lance Storm, an outstanding worker and arguably the best wrestling trainer alive not involved with the New Japan Dojo. I'm no genius, but if you've had that kind of top level training as well as over ten years of experience and your skill level is mediocre to (in the case of Billie Kay) downright abysmal...I'm sorry but there's little hope for you. They're certainly entertaining on the mic and there's a place for them but I would not be holding my breath for massive improvement in the ring. At this point, they are what they are.

Im not listening to anyone, except Sasha. She is pissed that when she begged for the titles to exist and then becomes the inaugural champion only to lose them in 49 days. I bet that she is an oustanding coworker and she would never speak out against any other performer, but I would bet that there is a part of her that is annoyed with the fact that the IIconics won the titles from her and Bayley. That just has to sting.

Transgender Terror
    Stop bringing this thread down with your negativity.

You should change your name to Buzz Killington. It costs only $315 to legally change your name. Trust me, I know.

Yeah, Buzz Killington! Get outta here with yer negative vibes!

Peyton and Billie had some good matches with Asuka in NXT. Peyton, especially. Can't remember who else was in it, but the fatal 4-way with the both in, Asuka, and someone else was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Im not listening to anyone, except Sasha. She is pissed that when she begged for the titles to exist and then becomes the inaugural champion only to lose them in 49 days. I bet that she is an oustanding coworker and she would never speak out against any other performer, but I would bet that there is a part of her that is annoyed with the fact that the IIconics won the titles from her and Bayley. That just has to sting.
    To add to this, I don't think this would be nearly as big of an issue to Sasha if The Iiconics had credibility going into Mania and were booked better as champions. They just keep taking Ls to anyone that isn't enhancement talent. No offense to them, but they're jokes as champions. Sorry to say, but I would much rather see Tamina and Nia Jax as the tag champs.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Stop bringing this thread down with your negativity.

You should change your name to Buzz Killington. It costs only $315 to legally change your name. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post

Peyton and Billie had some good matches with Asuka in NXT. Peyton, especially. Can't remember who else was in it, but the fatal 4-way with the both in, Asuka, and someone else was a lot of fun.
    That honestly is a good name for a forum though.

Ember Moon

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    All tag teams in the WWE right now - both for women and men - are super-low on the list of priorities for the company. If Sasha and Bayley had retained at Wrestlemania, we'd be in this same spot with those titles right now.

It's not the IIconics fault that the Women's Tag Team Championships are in the state they're in now. I think they fit the role of "chicken-shit" champs well and are pretty entertaining. I was looking forward to seeing how they would fare against a strong team like Asuka and Kairi Sane but they're all MIA now so that probably won't be happening for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Ember Moon
    Just checked - there are actually two fourway matches.

One is at Takeover: San Antonio - Royce vs Kay vs Asuka vs Nikki Cross
    The other is at Takeover: WarGames - Royce vs Sane vs Cross vs Moon

The San Antonio match was the one I was thinking (with them both in) but the WarGames one isn't bad either. I seem to remember both Royce and Kay having a good run of TV matches with Asuka and Moon as well.

I think WWE have just fucked this up, and it's not reflecting on anybody in the division well, let alone the champs. There's only so much they can do, you know?

Flashed up on my twitter that they've lost the women's tag titles then?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

In the end, a brutally underutilised run with the title belts and they end up getting eliminated first in a four team elimination match. A real shame, as I think they've got talent.

We must be watching something different. The IIconics are talent-less in the ring, and completely annoying on the microphone.

Given they are meant to be annoying on the mic, they are clearly doing the job well.

I remain unconvinced by the nuts and bolts of their ring work, though.

Oh Powder, honey, you've been completely suckered in by them, haven't you?

They're improving in the ring, for sure, but their mike work is probably (for me) far and away the best in the women's division outside of the main event, and that shines through in their backstage (and un- or less-scripted) performances.

This is still 10 of my favourite minutes of WWE TV this year.

Last edited by Oliver; 08-06-2019 at 07:26 AM.

In the end, a brutally underutilised run with the title belts and they end up getting eliminated first in a four team elimination match. A real shame, as I think they've got talent.
    Agreed. Much like Sasha/Bayley, the championship team looks worse thanks to the lack of a division around them. Had Iiconics stayed on TV more, and worked more angles, if only for 90 second backstage interactions with others, they wouldn't be losing as they did. In fact, I just considered the Iiconics on SD doing the same thing the Street Profits are doing on Raw, and think that would be gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    We must be watching something different. The IIconics are talent-less in the ring, and completely annoying on the microphone.
    I won't say you're wrong, because I recognize their mic work is annoying for many. But forgetting that you found them annoying, you should be able to see that they were getting stronger reactions when they were showcased regularly. I wouldn't say they were super over, but their mic work was gaining more and more reactions when they were on TV every week. That obviously flounders when they disappear for weeks on end.

IIconics drafted to RAW, I hear.

Who?

They are a great act, but need work. I enjoyed their buffoonery, but I'll never claim they were over. So keeping them off TV to tweak a few things is a good thing.

I miss them ☹️

Nope. Not me one bit.

Transgender Terror
    You've gotta be joking me.

Not at all. Every time they speak I cringe, and then I watch them wrestle and it's worse.

Bit of speculation out there that Iiconics are being repackaged and will be back on TV some time soon.

Thrilled.

They were as useful as tits on a bull.

I disagree, but if they are being repackaged, I wish they would have moved them to NXT. Working with the Performance Center will likely do more to repackage them and get creativity surrounding them than being sent home.