National Wrestling Alliance (NWA)

If there is a thread and I'm missing it, just delete this one.

Otherwise, there is a promotion (not a company, a promotion) that is more compelling with Youtube videos than your favorite wrestling company is with 27 hours of TV per 24 hours of the day.

It is the oldest and the newest. It is the NWA.

Discuss past, present, and future.

Here is one video from a mini-series that should win awards.

The Brain
    Really dig what Corgan and Lagana are doing with the NWA, and I hope they can keep the momentum going past All In. The NWA has such a rich history, it's been too long since it was consistently relevant! The time is now!

I've seen there's a bit of promotion out there for the rematch between Rhodes and Aldis...

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    I'm not opposed to it, but I'm not sure it wows me either. I know some have turned the corner on him thanks to 10 Pounds of Gold, but I've only seen bits and pieces of that, and what I saw at All In was mixed. He held his own, played his part, but I feel there are so many more dynamic challengers for Cody that would only be enhanced with the help of 10 Pounds adding additional context. If Aldis loses, that's expected, and if he wins, it'll be a big disappointment. I may still check out the show depending on what they book though, I did enjoy All In for the most part and clearly there's some spiritual connection between the two.

This is very true. On one hand, Aldis not getting this title shot after the way he has built up the title would probably be seen a bit as a slap in the face, but he could easily be in the mix for the National Title tournament, leaving this particular door open for a new challenger to step forward--Tomohiro Ishii would be my choice--and a possible Aldis rematch down the road. This "mandatory rematch" clause is an albatross that has been hanging over the head of North American promotions for years and should just be done away with.