Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sounds like the show went down well, by all accounts.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

It did. The show was arguably the WWE's best all around PPV so far this year.

And Charlotte vs Becky in the LWS match is an instant classic, and was possibly the best LMS match of all time, and one of the best TLC/No DQ matches in a LONG time.

I thoroughly enjoyed Evolution, and since it's possibly the last WWE I watch I was very happy with the outcome. Even the throwaway matches like Riott Squad vs. Sasha/Bayley/Natalya were well worked. You could tell all the women really wanted to make a statement last night, and they all worked their collective asses off.

Charlotte/Becky is a definite MOTY candidate and arguably one of the best women's matches the WWE has ever had.

Charlotte vs Becky was an incredible match which I really enjoyed, although it didn’t give me the same enjoyment levels of a good Lingerie Battle Royal.

I agree. How can you have an entire women's PPV and not one bra and panties match?

All kidding aside, I did see a video of Charlotte-Becky and it was good.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Evolution was a great show from start to finish. All of the matches were fun to watch and were well put together. Even the battle royal was really enjoyable - I honestly didn't think that would be as good as it was. Becky and Charlotte tore the house down, and Charlotte particularly deserves a ton of praise for her performance in that match. The powerbomb at the end was an insane bump to take for anyone. Really awesome showing by the ladies. I also really enjoyed the Mae Young Classic finals too. A bit shorter than I expected but both of the ladies delivered. The NXT women's division is looking bright.

Regardless of how salty I was about the lack of promotion this show got, I'm super-happy that it was pulled off as great as it was. I hope that this is an annual thing from here on out.

Yeah, for all the issues with the build to it, Evolution delivered. They had an awful build just in terms of matches being announced, merged, cancelled, spoiled (I think the UK Women's bout got spoilt and subsequently hit the MYC semis?), but then add on to that the amount of focus that must have shifted off of this with three shows to build in about a fortnight, Roman's announcement and what that means going forward, and various other things like the injury to Alexa and the sudden six-woman tag announcement.

A lot of my issues with it as a show were structural as opposed to quality based - and even that wasn't really on the show itself. I dislike WWE painting themselves as this forerunner when they spent years treating women's wrestling like shit, especially as on house shows when they gave the women time they were, reportedly, impressive, I dislike WWE suddenly repainting the women they treated like shit as legends just because it suits them, and I dislike them treating Trish and Lita (notably Lita) as this high point of historical women's wrestling. I didn't like that they took time out for the announcers to say 'this night is all about the women BUT don't forget all the MEN who have made it possible!', I didn't especially like them painting Trish and Lita vs Alixia and Mickie as past vs present...I don't know, lots of minor things. I really dislike the way they structure Ronda's matches, because there's no way she shouldn't just be wrecking Nikki given the context WWE have put each performer in.

But every match I enjoyed, a couple of sloppy moments here or there aside. I would actually say that the worst match on the card was Storm vs Shirai, but I think that's because it was the first ten minutes of what could have been a great 15/18 minute match, and the ending didn't really get much heat to it. But I enjoyed it despite that, and despite those minor gripes up above. I thought the six-women tag was really good. LMS matches aren't really for me, but Becky and Charlotte certainly worked their butts off to make that good.

Was there some blood floating around during Rousey vs Bella?

Oh, forgot to say - Baszler might just be the best wrestler WWE currently has signed, male or female. Baszler vs Sane was MOTN for me, pretty comfortably, and I love that there is the possibility of the MMA Four Horsewomen vs Selected Japanese Ladies. Like, tell me you wouldn't be super into watching Baszler/Duke/Shafir vs Sane/Shirai/Satomura? Tell me you wouldn't be even more into it if they went at it in WarGames? Tell me it wouldn't be amazing if WWE acknowledged for one night that NXT and the main roster are a shared universe and you added Rousey to the first team and Asuka to the second?
    Last edited by Oliver; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:34 AM.

Oli... when you just mentioned 3/4 of the mma Horsewomen against 3 Japanese ladies, I salivated. And then I thought “Why not stick Rousey and Asuka in there?!?” And then I read your last sentence (question..) and realized we’re on the same plane, and there’s some reason I keep reading “Bearly Reviewing”.