Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 1,721 to 1,735 of 1735
    Powder, it goes back to what I said months ago about your clues being unhelpful. You knew who it was, but none of the clues really directed thought. It was all either you know it or you don't.

And I for one never would have considered Fortune or Evolution to be a reboot of the Horsemen. Inspired by? Sure. But to me reboot is more like WWE running with their own NWO in 2002, or the black and red version in WCW, or the 2006 DX reunion.

I've had this one in my mind for a while:
    My best success has been in tag teams, but it's arguable if that's what I'm most known for.
    I went from Kid to King
    I might still be owed 15000, but I ended up working for the person who owed it to me, so I guess it worked out in the end.

Haku/Meng?

Tonga Kid to King Haku? But if it is Haku, then wouldn't it be King to Kid back to King? King Tonga, then teaming with Tama (Tonga Kid), then King Haku.
    Was tag champion once, but no other singles title in American promotions. Meng and the Barbarian etc....
    Not sure about the $15,000.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Days Ago at 11:31 AM.

Correct. He slammed Big John Studd early in his run in 1986 to earn the promised $15000, buy the heels obviously never paid up.

I'll try to be less vague.

1. I am the first, but in a way many people might consider Kanyon or even Eddie Guerrero to be.
    2. I am one of three people that made an absolute giant in the business legit nervous.
    3. I never wrestled for TNA or ROH, but I made a handful of TV appearances for TNA and a PPV appearance for each.
    Bonus: 4. I am the first American to perform a rare wrestling feat (holy grail feat if you will) that only happened twice before me, but according to legends/records it never happened.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Days Ago at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I'll try to be less vague.

1. I am the first, but in a way many people might consider Kanyon or even Eddie Guerrero to be.
    2. I am one of three people that made an absolute giant in the business legit nervous.
    3. I never wrestled for TNA or ROH, but I made a handful of TV appearances for TNA and a PPV appearance for each.
    Bonus: 4. I am the first American to perform a rare wrestling feat (holy grail feat if you will) that only happened twice before me, but according to legends/records it never happened.
    Clue 5: I am a highly decorated and respected champion, yet, I never won a championship in the WWF or WCW, but I did have a title in the WWF.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Day Ago at 09:09 AM.

Harley Race

YES!

Race was the first US Champion, but in the WWE, Kanyon was handed the US Title, but Eddie Guerrero was the first to win it when it was re-issued.

Andre the Giant was only scared of 3 people. Race, Haku, and Bad News Brown

Race was the third guy to body slam Andre the Giant (of about 10 body slams), but according to the WWF/E Hogan was the first to do it in 1987.

King Harley Race.

^ there was an actual WWWF US title at one point.

I think I see the logic in the first clue now that I re-read. I don't necessarily agree that the lineage of the belt is maintained when it is re-issued, but between Race until it was retired in the WWE it does have a singular lineage. Kanyon wasn't the first US champion in the WWF, but he was the first with that belt's lineage I suppose.
    Last edited by BK-097; 1 Day Ago at 02:42 PM.

That was the point of the clue.

When WCW folded and the invasion happened, Booker T gave Kanyon the US Title and as such became the first WWF US Champion. Then the belt was retired/combined with the IC Title when Edge was the US Champ and Test was the IC Champ, and then the WWF became the WWE and the US Title was deactivated.

Two years later when the title was re-issued/reactivated Eddie won a tourney to become the third 'first' WWE US Champion. And according to the WWE, the 'New US Title" from 2003 - present, holds original belt's lineage.

The WWWF US Title was from 1963 to 1976 when it was deactivated.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Day Ago at 03:42 PM.

I guess I'll jump back in:

1. Surprisingly, I have only won 4 world titles of my 14 title reigns in the WWF/E.
    2. According to the WON, I have had the Match of the Year on 4 different occasions, and I also had the Worst Match of the Year.
    3. I am also the the first to accomplish a very specific victory, and this Sunday is a clue within a clue.

I'm sure I've said this before, but be more patient. That's twice in the last week you've jumped back in and restarted before leaving it very long. Give people a chance to actually see that they've won, first of all. If it goes a few days then that's a different story but overnight isn't really enough.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Sorry, I thought it was a day....

And it was only once. The first time, it was over a week.
    Last edited by Powder; 13 Hours Ago at 10:50 AM.

1) a day isn't long enough is my point.
    2) the last two times (after King Kong Sundae and Pen) it has been a day, not a week.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I give full permission for Powder to take this one. Powder, if it happens again, feel free to PM me. I would have told you to go ahead.

No problem.....