Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,400 of 1532
    Is the World Champion from a Major American Company? i.e. ROH or MLW etc or any Japanese promotion.

I deliberately double posted to bump the thread.

Is this in honor of Cult? Is it Pentagon Jr.? He is a one time TNA/Impact Champion, a 3 time Lucha Libra Tag Champion, and he went by Penta El Zero and Pentagon Dark for a time, which is kind of pronouncing his name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I deliberately double posted to bump the thread.

Yeah, don't do that 25 minutes apart. I know we're not too strict on that nowadays, but c'mon, man.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Incorrect directions of guesses. Not a lucha guy.

I won't say where the world champ reign was from, but 3 time WWE tag champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Yeah, don't do that 25 minutes apart. I know we're not too strict on that nowadays, but c'mon, man.
    Sorry. And it will not happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Incorrect directions of guesses. Not a lucha guy.

I won't say where the world champ reign was from, but 3 time WWE tag champ.
    Ok thanks....hmmm....

Cody Rhodes? 1 time ROH champion, 3 time WWE Tag Champion - w/Drew McIntyre and his brother twice, and he deliberately shortened his name to Cody.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:45 PM.

You're on the right track, but not Cody.

So done. I have no idea.

Rick Martel fits the championship clues, but I don't know that I can think of a time he mispronounced his first name. I kind of assume Can-Am Connection is based on a book (not sure why I feel that way, partially delirious from the flu I suppose)

Hang on... is it Rob Conway?

Monsieur Row-bare Conway? Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    I am a former World Champion in one company and 3 time tag champ in another
    I once pronounced my first name incorrectly on purpose for a while
    One of my tag team names was inspired by a famous book series
    I think I over thought this one. By you stating that the guy was a 3 time tag champ, and a former World Champ, I assumed you meant he was only a 1 time World Champion otherwise I figured you would say a 2 time World Champion. Conway has 2 runs with the NWA belt, so I discounted him, my mistake.

It's a World title

Alright, let's see...

1) All of my WrestleMania matches were in consecutive years.
    2) My in-ring career lasted for twelve years, barring a one-off return.
    3) I had matches ranked 4 stars or more by the WON, across three different promotions.

My closest guess is Perry Saturn. I don't think it's right, but I'm basically hoping you made a mistake in your clues with this hail mary attempt.

No. Though it might be time for another clue.

4) I was once in a stable with another wrestler, who I later went on to manage in another promotion.

Still nothing huh?

1) All of my WrestleMania matches were in consecutive years.
    2) My in-ring career lasted for twelve years, barring a one-off return.
    3) I had matches ranked 4 stars or more by the WON, across three different promotions.
    4) I was once in a stable with another wrestler, who I later went on to manage in another promotion.
    5) My total number of WWE PPV matches is 10, across almost three full years.

Shot in the dark.

DDP.

He managed Hall, Nash, Perfect, and then in a stable with them.

And he was not in many WWE PPV matches.

No. Didn't have enough PPV matches, his Wrestlemania appearances weren't at consecutive shows, didn't have the matches for the star ratings across three different promotions, his in-ring career lasted a lot longer than 12 years, and though he managed those guys he didn't do it in a different promotion or in the right order for the clue.

But apart from all that it's a good guess....

I have no idea.

EDIT:

Not Sherri Martel.

Rick Rude.

When he was in the WWF, there were not that many PPVs, and his career was short due to injury, but he did manage people in ECW, WCW and WWF.

Rude was part of the Heenan Family, and went on to manage the nWo, and I think he was in 1 match after he retired.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:01 AM.

It is Rude, yeah. The management bit was just Mr Perfect/Curt Hennig. Wrestled at Mania 4, 5, 6. Was working from 1982-1994, barring a one off return for ECW in 1997. 4 stars + matches for WCW, AJPW and NJPW.

Can't imagine I need to go on. Powder, your turn.

That one was tricky. You forget that Rude's inring career was only 12 years.

Well...I have been sitting on this one, not sure if the clues are too vague, or too easy. I guess we will see.

1. My first piece of infamy was not wrestling related, and you cannot even see my face.
    2. A former tag partner of mine went on to become well known for a non-wrestling role.
    3. I have held 7 different titles in major promotions.

Since no new actvity:

Clue 4. My first televised match in the WWF/E was for the Intercontinental Title.

Santino Marella? I know he won the IC title in his debut but not sure he counts for the other clues.

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #2: 7 Treatments for Wrestlemania Fever

Nope, not remotely close. Not trying to be rude, but no where neat the correct answer. But his first match was for the IC title.

Need another clue? I have a clue that will significantly help.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:57 PM.

The seven DIFFERENT championships leads me to believe the wrestler is relatively recent, but for some reason I'm drawn to Ron Simmons. i don't think he meets the championship clue, but I could make an argument that he fits the rest of the bill

I had to check, but Ron Simmons' first WWF match on TV was as Faarooq Asad against Skip on RAW, he also had a Dark match for the IC title on the same day, but since it was Dark, it was not on TV. Also he only won 4 different titles in major promotions.

He also does not fit the clues 1 or 2, but what are your arguments for them? That he played college football with a mask and JBL for his financial success? I see your point, but no.

AND finally, what do you consider recent?

To recap:
    1. My first piece of infamy was not wrestling related, and you cannot even see my face.
    2. A former tag partner of mine went on to become well known for a non-wrestling role.
    Clue 4. My first televised match in the WWF/E was for the Intercontinental Title.

Clue 5: I have won tag championships in 3 different major promotions. (I think this gives it away)
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:44 PM.

I thought you were being sneaky. I had thought his first televised match was part of the IC tournament against Sid, hence if the final prize is the IC title, even if that particular match is not, it could fit.

Yes, you did work out why I pegged Simmons for clues 1 and 2.
    1) football helmet hid his face
    2) JBL

I should really know the answer to this, but am stumped, even after clue 5.

I am being sneaky.

Recap again:

Clue 5: I have won tag championships in 3 different major promotions. (I think this gives it away)

Bonus Clue: The IC title match was a battle royal.
    Bonus Clue 2: I was part of one of the most infamous matches in all of wrestling history.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:36 PM.

Since still no takers...

Recap again:

Bonus Clue 2: I was part of one of the most infamous matches in all of wrestling history.

Clue 8: My first 2 failed gimmicks were inspired from movies.

Kevin Nash?

Can I clarify - when you say the televised match was a battle royal for the IC title, do you mean that match was actually for the title? Or was it basically either a number one contender match, or for the chance to compete for the title later in some way?

I ask because there aren't many televised battle royals for the IC title in history, so there's a really limited number of people it could be. But there's a lot more of the other sort, so it leaps up from about 3 matches to something like 15.

EDIT: If it is Kevin Nash (which looks good to me other than maybe the number of titles?), then it's the latter, not the former, as the match wasn't for the IC title - it gave Ramon and Martel the chance to compete for it.

Not the best , but he won 7 different titles. Some multiple times, but 7 individual titles.

I'll take your word for it, I wouldn't know exactly without looking it up.

YES!!!

Nash was Super Shredder in TMNT2: The Secret of the Ooze, where you couldn't see his face.

Nash tagged with Big Sky (Tyler Mane) who went on to become well known for portraying Sabertooth in X-Men.

WCW: World Heavyweight Title, Tag Championship
    WWF/E: WWF Championship, IC Title, Tag Championship
    TNA: Legends Title, Tag Championship

Nash was part of the battle royal for the IC title which was co-won by Razor and Rick Martel, then subsequently vacated.

WCW, WWF, TNA

Answered above

Finger Poke of Doom

Clue 8: My first 2 failed gimmicks were inspired from movies.

Oz and Master Blaster

I am completely surprised that it took this long and this many clues.

I don't want to pick on you Powder, but I have a lot of issues with these clues.

First, infamy doesn't mean acting in movies for me. Plus he wrestled before being in the movie.

The phrasing of the titles was vague. Honestly, I don't fault you, this was a nice and smart trick.

His first TV match was a battle royal, but it wasn't for the IC title. It was for the final 2 to face off for the title.

As for the movie gimmicks, I didn't know Master Blaster was from a movie. I thought Vinnie Vegas was based off My Blue Heaven though.

Probably would have taken fewer clues if the slightly misleading or niche clues weren't in there. Personally, I think if you'd just have clues 3, 5, 7 and 8, it would have been easier because some of the other bits were throwing me off the scent rather than helping. Not complaining because it's only a game and not worth stressing over, just something to think about.

The Master Blaster name comes directly from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and the look is clearly inspired from the movie franchise as well, and Oz is self explanatory, and while Vinnie Vegas also failed, it had much more legs than MB or OZ, as he was in stables and had higher profile matches as VV.

With clue 1, he was nothing prior to joining WWF as Diesel, and he had infamy for playing Super Shredder, and no problem if movie roles does not mean infamy for you. To each his own.

And from what I looked up multiple times for clarification on a few different sites, the IC Battle Royal was for the IC title, then vacated.

And Nash is so well known, I tried to make the clues less about him, but that he was involved in for gamesmanship.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:12 PM.

Well, the internet is misleading you because that's not what happened with that battle royal. It was vacated when Shawn was stripped. Then they had the battle royal, where the final two went on to compete for it in a singles match. After that Ramon beat Martel, only for Shawn to come back and claim he was the champion because he'd never been beaten, setting up the Ladder match at Wrestlemania. It's a pretty famous angle and I remember it well.

I get what you're up to with the clues and I've got no problem with the principle. Just the phrasing of things like 'infamy', 'non-wrestling role', and the accuracy of the clue above just got me twisted up in a few knots. You said you were surprised it took that long - and honestly, I think this is the reason why. At least it's why I struggled a bit.

Then I apologize for the Battle Royal clue. I thought I fact checked that well enough for accuracy.

And I guess my perception of infamy includes movies, TV etc..

I look at it like this: If Nash flamed out of wrestling after the MB and Oz gimmicks, his main source of notoriety would have been as portraying Super Shredder. Like Tyler Mane. Almost no one remembers him as Big Sky, but if you mention that 'he was the guy who played Sabertooth in X-Men', most people would say...'riiiight....gotcha'.

Infamy would be Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer. In wrestling, it would be Jimmy Snuka, or Chris Benoit. Infamy means famous, but for doing something bad:

in·fa·my
    /ˈinfəmē/
    the state of being well known for some bad quality or deed.

So no, movie roles are not infamous or lead to infamy.

As for clue 1 being "he was nothing before WWF", well that's not what it reads like. Saying he was known or famous (what I think you meant to say, instead of infamy) from a non-wrestling role, to me it says he did something before becoming a wrestler. But he was already wrestling and on TV by the time he was Shredder.