Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,760 of 1822
    Powder, it goes back to what I said months ago about your clues being unhelpful. You knew who it was, but none of the clues really directed thought. It was all either you know it or you don't.

And I for one never would have considered Fortune or Evolution to be a reboot of the Horsemen. Inspired by? Sure. But to me reboot is more like WWE running with their own NWO in 2002, or the black and red version in WCW, or the 2006 DX reunion.

I've had this one in my mind for a while:
    My best success has been in tag teams, but it's arguable if that's what I'm most known for.
    I went from Kid to King
    I might still be owed 15000, but I ended up working for the person who owed it to me, so I guess it worked out in the end.

Haku/Meng?

Tonga Kid to King Haku? But if it is Haku, then wouldn't it be King to Kid back to King? King Tonga, then teaming with Tama (Tonga Kid), then King Haku.
    Was tag champion once, but no other singles title in American promotions. Meng and the Barbarian etc....
    Not sure about the $15,000.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:31 AM.

Correct. He slammed Big John Studd early in his run in 1986 to earn the promised $15000, buy the heels obviously never paid up.

I'll try to be less vague.

1. I am the first, but in a way many people might consider Kanyon or even Eddie Guerrero to be.
    2. I am one of three people that made an absolute giant in the business legit nervous.
    3. I never wrestled for TNA or ROH, but I made a handful of TV appearances for TNA and a PPV appearance for each.
    Bonus: 4. I am the first American to perform a rare wrestling feat (holy grail feat if you will) that only happened twice before me, but according to legends/records it never happened.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I'll try to be less vague.

1. I am the first, but in a way many people might consider Kanyon or even Eddie Guerrero to be.
    2. I am one of three people that made an absolute giant in the business legit nervous.
    3. I never wrestled for TNA or ROH, but I made a handful of TV appearances for TNA and a PPV appearance for each.
    Bonus: 4. I am the first American to perform a rare wrestling feat (holy grail feat if you will) that only happened twice before me, but according to legends/records it never happened.
    Clue 5: I am a highly decorated and respected champion, yet, I never won a championship in the WWF or WCW, but I did have a title in the WWF.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:09 AM.

Harley Race

YES!

Race was the first US Champion, but in the WWE, Kanyon was handed the US Title, but Eddie Guerrero was the first to win it when it was re-issued.

Andre the Giant was only scared of 3 people. Race, Haku, and Bad News Brown

Race was the third guy to body slam Andre the Giant (of about 10 body slams), but according to the WWF/E Hogan was the first to do it in 1987.

King Harley Race.

^ there was an actual WWWF US title at one point.

I think I see the logic in the first clue now that I re-read. I don't necessarily agree that the lineage of the belt is maintained when it is re-issued, but between Race until it was retired in the WWE it does have a singular lineage. Kanyon wasn't the first US champion in the WWF, but he was the first with that belt's lineage I suppose.
    Last edited by BK-097; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:42 PM.

That was the point of the clue.

When WCW folded and the invasion happened, Booker T gave Kanyon the US Title and as such became the first WWF US Champion. Then the belt was retired/combined with the IC Title when Edge was the US Champ and Test was the IC Champ, and then the WWF became the WWE and the US Title was deactivated.

Two years later when the title was re-issued/reactivated Eddie won a tourney to become the third 'first' WWE US Champion. And according to the WWE, the 'New US Title" from 2003 - present, holds original belt's lineage.

The WWWF US Title was from 1963 to 1976 when it was deactivated.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:42 PM.

I guess I'll jump back in:

1. Surprisingly, I have only won 4 world titles of my 14 title reigns in the WWF/E.
    2. According to the WON, I have had the Match of the Year on 4 different occasions, and I also had the Worst Match of the Year.
    3. I am also the the first to accomplish a very specific victory, and this Sunday is a clue within a clue.

I'm sure I've said this before, but be more patient. That's twice in the last week you've jumped back in and restarted before leaving it very long. Give people a chance to actually see that they've won, first of all. If it goes a few days then that's a different story but overnight isn't really enough.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Sorry, I thought it was a day....

And it was only once. The first time, it was over a week.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:50 AM.

1) a day isn't long enough is my point.
    2) the last two times (after King Kong Sundae and Pen) it has been a day, not a week.

I give full permission for Powder to take this one. Powder, if it happens again, feel free to PM me. I would have told you to go ahead.

No problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I guess I'll jump back in:

1. Surprisingly, I have only won 4 world titles of my 14 title reigns in the WWF/E.
    2. According to the WON, I have had the Match of the Year on 4 different occasions, and I also had the Worst Match of the Year.
    3. I am also the the first to accomplish a very specific victory, and this past Sunday is a clue within a clue.
    4. I have 6 Tag Title reigns, with 4 different partners.

HBK. Clue #3 is him being the first to win the Rumble for #1. If I had to guess, the worst match is either Hogan at SummerSlam or the God match whenever that was.

YES, but no.

The Worst match of the year was the Saudi Show from 2018 tagging with HHH vs Taker and Kane.

The 4 Matches of the Year are:
    vs Razor WM10
    vs Jericho No Mercy 2008
    vs Taker WM25
    vs Taker WM26

Tag Champs Partners: HHH, Cena, Diesel, SCSA

The tag match was that bad?

I personally did not watch it, but according to those who did, apparently so, and according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, yes.

Prime...is almost 4 days enough time?

Certainly, have at it.

This one should be relatively easy. But it is a quick one to attempt to get this moving once again...

1. I took part in only 2 matches in my wrestling career.
    2. My 1 and only wrestling match was what every wrestler dreams of doing.
    3. My entourage included a future WCW competitor.

Mr. T

Nope, not Mt. T. But you are not that far off, in a few different ways.

Mr. T was involved in a bunch of matches, where he wrestled in 2 of them, boxed in 2, and was a special guest referee in 2 , and a corner man for 2, and had some other WWF appearances.

Well, dang. All I remember was the tag match from ‘Mania 1 which was the main event fitting clue #2 and the boxing match with Piper, which also fit clue #2. (Pretty sure there’s a reason you first said “involved in matches” and then said “one and only wrestling match” after that.)

Yes, your instincts for clue 2 are correct.

But Mr. T. Wrestled Kevin Sullivan in WCW at Starrcade in 1994, in his other wrestling match.

And Yes, I said took part in 2 matches, b/c that all he took part in, 2 matches, but I did not say that the 1 and only 1 wrestling match was not part of the 2 from clue 1, which it was. I did not mean it to mean 3 total matches.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:04 PM.

I totally understand what you meant... maybe my words weren’t clear. The tag match (one and only wrestling match; main event of ‘Mania... fits the clues...) and the boxing match. Was a match, but not a wrestling match, hence only “taking part in two matches” clue is now fulfilled.

My new guess is Lawrence Taylor. Main evented a ‘Mania in a wrestling match. Don’t know what other match he would’ve been involved in, though, so...
    Last edited by meandi; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:24 PM.

Yes. Now you have it. It is Lawrence Taylor, L.T.

He was part of the Royal Rumble in 1995 which was only to set up the Main Event of WM9 with Bam Bam Bigelow.

And Steve Mongo McMichael was in LT's entourage, who later wrestled for WCW.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:09 PM.

That's a bit of a reach for me. Taylor wasn't really involved in any match at the Royal Rumble, unless you count just being in the crowd as being involved in a match.

Bam Bam involved him in the PPV once his match was over, as I recall, but it was between matches, no? If I recall the whole point is that he was laughing about the fact Bigelow had already lost in the tag title match, and then Bam Bam pushed him. I don't think many people would think of LT being involved in a match at the Rumble if you pressed them on it.

I thought LT and Bam Bam interacted throughout the match. Not interfered, but comments made back and forth, leading up to the confrontation after the match.

That's not how I remember it, but I may be wrong. My memory is no more infallible than anyone else's and I haven't watched the full show in years. I no longer have the Network, though, so I can't quickly check. Would have to go and dig out the DVD to be sure.....

Prime is right, is happened after the match was over. BUT, I see Pwoder's side of things. It's still involvement in the story of that match, even if it wasn't between the bells.

Give me a few minutes and I'll put one up from the turn I passed over last time.

EDT
    I was called (but not awarded) most improved wrestler at some point in the 80s
    For a short time, I had something in common with Terry Funk, Bob Orton , and Adam Page
    I hate the letter S.
    Last edited by PEN15v2; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:52 AM.

Well, fair enough if other people are going to be able to get it. I'd have personally drawn a distinction between being involved in the angle and being involved in a match, but I'm not the only guy around and if it works generally then OK.

Not sure about the question but I'll have a punt at Barry Windham.

incorrect.

Yeah, not surprised. Was a wild stab in the dark to be honest. Ah well, got the ball rolling at least.

Every time I think I've got good clues, someone gets them quickly, so I tried to increase the difficulty on this one. I hope people enjoy it, but I suspect someone will swoop in with the right answer soon enough.

It has something with a Cowboy obviously and someone with a lisp.

Dustin Rhodes? he did have a brief cowboy gimmick.

Not sure if he has a lisp as well.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:06 PM.

No sir

Kerry Von Erich?