Review This Song

I wanted to kick off the thread with my old favourite: Pick a song, the next person to post gives it a quick review, at least a few sentences and then picks their own song.

I've found a bunch of new really cool songs through this thread in the past and love seeing what other people think of the music I pick.

Just to get something going let's start off with the song that has gone viral in the past week, This Is America by Childish Gambino:

First off, can we post links instead of embed? It's just my laptop sucks...

Anyway, I didn't really get this. Maybe I'm getting old (I'm nearly 30) but I just don't understand what was good about this video. The music was just odd and didn't grab me in any way. I've heard other Childish Gambino songs that sounded better. Obviously I'm wrong because it's trending and what not, but I just didn't like it.

Here's my own vid. Another Southern rock kind of thing. Hopefully someone will dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY1OMXw-hFs

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    First off, can we post links instead of embed? It's just my laptop sucks...
    I'm starting to wonder if actually 'no', might be the better answer here. I don't want to drive you out of the thread or anything Dude, but the first version seemed to die out pretty much as soon as we changed it up this way and this one hasn't exactly gotten rolling this week. It could be coincidence, but the thread did seem to work a bit better when the videos were embedded.

I mean, if the choice is between getting more people involved in the thread and getting it running, and having a rule that means it sits at the bottom of the board unloved, I think it's a bit of a no-brainer.

Fair enough. I was hoping your reply was you reviewing the song but no

I'll just go and cry into my beer now...

It's a fair point but I haven't been able to think of a song to suggest next all week....

And on that note I'm away for the next few days so I will leave it to someone else. Though as a fan of Southern Rock generally I hope they're into it!