Hurricane Florence

Starting a check-in thread for everyone on the East Coast in anticipation of this upcoming hurricane. I'm in Baltimore, which is right now right on the outer edge of impact, so I'm expecting some heavy rain Thursday/Friday/Saturday-ish depending upon when this thing makes landfall. If anyone else is East Coast affected, hope you all stay safe.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    If anyone is on the path of Florence, please be prepared and stay safe, especially if you live on or near the coast. That looks like a big storm, and those aren't to be taken lightly.

If you don't live nearby but have family around that area, encourage them to evacuate and find safety. I still have bad memories of what my family went through last year in Puerto Rico and I wouldn't want that happening to anyone else.

Yeah, take care everyone.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I was in downtown New Orleans on military patrol when Katrina hit. Absolutely devastating. If youíre in the path now, get out while you can. If you canít leave, hunker down and stay safe.

So it looks like Florence is unexpectedly turning left, so North and now South Carolina will get hit pretty hard. Seems like it's going to stall right on the Carolina coast and not hit up here in MD hardly at all. Keeping good thoughts and safe prayers for those in the Carolinas, because this is a monster storm.

I just read that you guys are already up to nearly half a million people without power.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yeah the Carolinas are getting hammered even though it has dropped to a Category 1. Problem is the hurricane has stalled to a crawl and is going to just sit there for some time. Watching CNN and they've got this poor guy John Berman standing right out in the middle of it reporting. He can't see his own cameraman, his cord has already split in half, and he's just soaked. I'll never understand why they put people in harm's way like that.

Right now it's over 400K without power and mounting.