Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'd say he's probably a better drummer, overall. Hard decision though.

Woodstock or Live Aid?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Woodstock as a event and as a complete festival, but for an individual performance, Queen at Live Aid.

Best Live Album...historical significance, sales, popularity...etc.

Johnny Cash Live at Folsom Prison, Elvis Presley '68 Comeback Special, Peter Frampton-Frampton Comes Alive

And befroe you ask, "How can Frampton Comes Alive be included in this discussion"? It was album of the year in 1976, and one if the best selling albums if all time with over 11 million copies sold
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:23 PM.

I guess I'll take '68 Elvis Comeback special. I'd heard about that one way before either of the others so with the way you've framed it around significance it probably is that one. If I had to listen to one it'd be Cash, mind.

Any love out there for bass players?

John Entwistle, John Paul Jones or Bill Wyman?

There is something so baller about how much a music nerd John Entwistle comes across as and he certainly has his moments. Bill Wyman is much more the traditional bassist that ties it all together but doesn't exactly stick out.

However I have to go with John Paul Jones not just for his bass work but how he bought synth to Zeppelin as well, so often bass guitarists fade into the background which is good in some bands but I love it when one can assert themselves so much. Songs like No Quarter are a tour de force from John Paul Jones and I feel like the synth part of Stairway is a significant part of what makes the intro so iconic.

Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury or Mick Jagger?

@Sir_Samuel

I don't really like Zepplin or Queen and have been listening to tons of Stones recently. I'm not as sure as I used to be that The Beatles are better. There's really good songs by both, and some that totally suck for whatever reason. So definitely Mick Jagger!

28 Days Later Theme tune or Halloween theme tune?? (Good Halloween question)

Halloween because it is iconic and it is universally recognized. To be honest I can't even think on what the 28 Day's later theme sounds like. But everyone knows the Halloween theme.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer or Jingle Bells?

Oh Holy Night is my favourite Christmas Carol by some stretch but if I had to pick between those I'd pick the Aussie version of Jingle Bells.

Saxaphone or violin as an addition to a song?

@Sir_Samuel

Damn that's tough. Saxophone for Pink Floyds "Us or them", Violin for Metallica's "To Live is to Die".... Over all I'd probably choose Sax but I like both instruments a lot. They both can add loads to the types of music I listen to. If my lungs weren't fucked I'd try learning the Sax.

Linkin Park or Limp bizgit (I hate spelling that shit, sue me)

Bizkit. For spelling, but Linkin Park for pick. I really like both, but Linkin Park’s music stands the test of time more and still feels new.

Here we go....Tupac or Bigggie?

Used to be Pac, but as Ive grown older and started listening to a lot more New York stuff (especially the underground stuff), Id got with Biggie.

Quick note on sax vs. violin... the correct answer is the cello.

Somebody else feel free to throw up the next one.

Yeah, I would have said Linkin Park as well. I like bizkit but Linkin park is where my heavy metal journey really started... then some chick at school got me into Korn and I was totally obsessed (with the chick as well but that's another story).

Also the way Eminem completely buried Fred Durst kind of makes them look bad, I don't usually care about that sort of thing but jeez.

Also, 2Pac all the way... I've said it a million times on this forum already.

Um, Blast beats metal style or the symbol jazz style? (Couldn't think of much)

I had to look them up, but to my liking the Blast Beats Metal style as I prefer Metal music, but Jazz is awesome as well.

Black Sabbath (with Ozzy) or Ozzy Osbourne solo career?

Both good but I think I probably prefer more of his solo stuff. But I'd understand if someone wanted to go the other way, it's far from cut and dry.

Don't know why but I'm in the mood for a pop question. Taylor Swift or Rihanna?

Taylor is consistently better, but when Rihanna gets it right... holy shit. Id put her entire Rated R album against anything Taylor has done. (And Taylor is one of my top 5 pop acts...)

80s punk or 80s new wave?

Before I can answer, what do you consider 80s punk or 80s new wave?

Punk: Minor Threat, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, etc

New wave: Modern English, Depeche Mode, Devi, etc

Gotcha, never really liked either of those in the 80s. So i'll defer to someone else.

I don't like any of those either.... I like enjoy the silence by Depeche Mode but can't stand any of their other stuff... So someone else.