General Television Discussion

I'm not starting a new thread for the show itself, but I felt like sharing so we'll see if there's life enough for a 'general' thread.

My fellow Brits, did anyone else see that there was a Pulp vs Happy Mondays episode of Bargain Hunt on the way? I'm officially old, and so are they by the sounds of things. But not too old - they had to reshoot the ending because Bez broke the rules. Rock n' roll!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I can't say I pay Bargain Hunt much heed my friend....

Did anyone watch Bodyguard on BBC? I caught up with it all on iPlayer last weekend. Really enjoyed it, mostly, even if the characters did all start to act a bit out of character in the final episode for the sake of escalating drama. That bothered the hell out of me. I also feel like the criticism levied at the show (I won't go into detail in case anyone hasn't seen it yet) is a little misplaced. I don't think intentions have been misconstrued, even if the execution of what was criticised perhaps showed something of a lack of forethought.

Ha, I don't watch bargain hunt either. The celebrity aspect got some coverage.

Not seen bodyguard but heard a lot about it in the last few days. Dunno if I can be bothered though.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I watched Butterfly recently as well, but missed the last episode - the show about the young girl who was born a boy? The first couple of episodes were really engaging, but then I checked out of the third because life got busy and, not unlike Bodyguard actually, the trailer made the finale look a bit silly.

Didn't know where else to put this, but I finally got around to getting into Breaking Bad. Near the end of the first season now. Took me long enough, eh?

Anyone else ever get into a show waaaaay after the fact?

Sopranos. The Wire. Think Breaking Bad was one of the few critically acclaimed shows I watched as it aired.

I started watching BB literally the day after the final episode aired after reading up on all the hype. Six days later, I was finished with the entire series. Still watch it from start to finish at least once a year.

It's probably my favourite TV series ever. End to end, it's nothing short of staggering how well acted it is and how the story twists and turns.

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #1: Is this it?

Definitely top 3 for me. Love the tiny little details and callbacks sprinkled throughout the season.

*Pretty sure itís been out long enough thatís there no reason for a spoiler alert. But stuff like how Walt picks up various traits of people heís killed... after killing Krazy 8, Walt starts cutting the crust off his sandwiches from then on. Or how you discover what Jessie really did with the money Walt gave him for the RV, and how they actually end up with an RV. Just so many little things that make it such a well written show.